Degrees of separation: It's 'well known I only have matric' - Mazzone denies having legal qualifications

RedViking

Nord of the South
Does the qualifications our politicians have prevent or limit them in any way to do what they were elected to do?

Its neither here nor there.

All we need is for them to have the Ability to be honest, competent and build South Africa instead of dividing it. The only qualification that is needed or relevant.

s0lar

Expert Member
Its neither here nor there.

All we need is for them to have the Ability to be honest, competent and build South Africa instead of dividing it. The only qualification that is needed or relevant.
AKA leadership qualities.

abzob

Honorary Master
If qualifications and education are irrelevant then why is CIC always mocked for failing woodwork? Not being able to build a cabinet shouldn’t preclude you from being on one.

Anyway, we are pushing for not only all politicians to have degrees but also for a new M degree in presidential studies without which you can not be elected president.

Vorastra

Executive Member
That's the problem with these Bongo Bongo African languages, they are too hard.
It's not that they're too hard, it's that they're completely feking useless.

Learn Zulu, where can I use it, only here.
Learn Afrikaans, where can I use it, only here, and maybe in the Netherlands but then everyone will look at you like a moron.

Learn Portuguese, suddenly I can use it in Portugal, Brazil, Mozambique, Angola, Guinea-Bissau, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Macau, Cape Verde, and São Tomé & Príncipe.

Learn French, suddenly I can use it in France, Belgium, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Haiti, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Monaco, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Switzerland, Togo, and Vanuatu.

Learn English, where can I use it, literally everywhere that even remotely matters.

RedViking

Nord of the South
If qualifications and education are irrelevant then why is CIC always mocked for failing woodwork? Not being able to build a cabinet shouldn’t preclude you from being on one.

Anyway, we are pushing for not only all politicians to have degrees but also for a new M degree in presidential studies without which you can not be elected president.
We only need one qualification(s).

Is he honest, competent and wants to build South Africa and not divide it?

The rest of the Karens can go lick an ice cream that has melted.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
It's not that they're too hard, it's that they're completely feking useless.

Learn Zulu, where can I use it, only here.
Learn Afrikaans, where can I use it, only here,
and maybe in the Netherlands but then everyone will look at you like a moron.

Learn Portuguese, suddenly I can use it in Portugal, Brazil, Mozambique, Angola, Guinea-Bissau, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Macau, Cape Verde, and São Tomé & Príncipe.

Learn French, suddenly I can use it in France, Belgium, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Haiti, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Monaco, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Switzerland, Togo, and Vanuatu.

Learn English, where can I use it, literally everywhere that even remotely matters.
Zulu
Parts of Zim, Moz, Lesotho as well as in eSwatini.:)
Afrikaans
Namibia. Also can order a beer and maybe book accomodation (and a whole lot of other things) in the Netherlands, parts of Belgium, Suriname, St. Maarten and Aruba.

Sotho, Tswana and Pedi mutually intelligible to some extend so you can find your way around Lesotho and Botswana as well.

Then Swahili is spoken in large parts of east and central Africa as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd language.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Zulu
Afrikaans
Namibia. Also can order a beer and maybe book accomodation (and a whole lot of other things) in the Netherlands, parts of Belgium, Suriname, St. Maarten and Aruba.

Sotho, Tswana and Pedi mutually intelligible to some extend so you can find your way around Lesotho and Botswana as well.

Then Swahili is spoken in large parts of east and central Africa as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd language.
Zambia and Malawi can also understand Zulu, the Ngoni language in Zambia and Malawi is similar to Zulu.

You can also get away with Sotho, Pedi or Tswana in Zambia as well, the Lozi being spoken there is very close to Tswana, some of it is found in Namibia, Katima Mulilo in Namibia and Mosi oa Tunya in Zambia actually means exactly what it sounds like.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Zambia and Malawi can also understand Zulu, the Ngoni language in Zambia and Malawi is similar to Zulu.

You can also get away with Sotho Pedi or Tswana in Zambia as well, the Lozi being spoken there is very close to Tswana, some of it is found in Namibia, Katima Mulilo in Namibia and Mosi oa Tunya in Zambia actually means exactly what it sounds like.
I forgot about Lozi. I used to have a Lozi dictionary saved somewhere. I'll see if I can find it in my vault.
Edit: Forgot to mention it was actually Sotho people that migrated north in the 19th century and integrated with local tribes.

Translation of the highlighted bit butchered.

Last edited:

Vorastra

Executive Member
Zulu
Afrikaans

You've made such a case. Incredible.
I'll give you points for trying though.

Vorastra

Executive Member

You can also get away with Sotho, Pedi or Tswana in Zambia as well, the Lozi being spoken there is very close to Tswana, some of it is found in Namibia, Katima Mulilo in Namibia and Mosi oa Tunya in Zambia actually means exactly what it sounds like.
lol

noxibox

Honorary Master
And he apparently didn't bother to dig back a little further to find that someone had altered the page during 2020 to change her profession to Advocate.

It would really be interesting to see how far she went because 4 years at UP and another 4 years at Inisa is a long time not to have anything meaningful towards the qualification, having already done her articles one would think she would be inspired enough to just finish it off.
If she had done that she'd have committed a common human error. It shows good sense to abandon her studies rather than waste any further time on them.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
And he apparently didn't bother to dig back a little further to find that someone had altered the page during 2020 to change her profession to Advocate.

If she had done that she'd have committed a common human error. It shows good sense to abandon her studies rather than waste any further time on them.
I think it can only be a waste if she completed pretty much nothing in all the 8 years, hence I was interested to know how much of her degree did she actually complete.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
You've made such a case. Incredible.
I'll give you points for trying though.
Basically you'd rather learn Portuguese and French for reasons other than those you listed... :) :sneaky:

Often, communication is secondary motivation to why I want to learn languages.