Delay in grades returning to school next week – here’s what you need to know

eg2505

Honorary Master
honestly homeschooling, at this point what will kids learn about?

sorry their expensive private schools need to close, but they are better off becoming a office park.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
My eldest in Gr9 has been back for a week now. From Monday it was supposed to be every other day. Wonder if that will change now.

sorry their expensive private schools need to close, but they are better off becoming a office park.
Many of those are playing by a different set of rules

Lupus

Honorary Master
That basically doesn't say much, just that next week will only be 3 grades, and then phasing in the next lot? What exactly that will really achieve who knows.

Lupus

Honorary Master
So seriously... at effectively the last minute the fsck up everyones plans, again...
That's what they like to do, they literally wait till the last minute, this time at least it's Thursday and not Sunday.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
The 2 kids of my niece that are in grade 2 in Mpumalanga has been back at school since Wednesday already :unsure:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
That's what they like to do, they literally wait till the last minute, this time at least it's Thursday and not Sunday.
Yeah, they gave everyone tomorrow to beg and plead with their bosses about how shyte is more complicated thanks to the DBE... at least they can do it in person now.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The 2 kids of my niece that are in grade 2 in Mpumalanga has been back at school since Wednesday already :unsure:
Private, and some semi-private schools are basically doing what they want (and honestly not in a bad way) and telling the DBE to get bent.

Reactions: Shi

Lupus

Honorary Master
Private, and some semi-private schools are basically doing what they want (and honestly not in a bad way) and telling the DBE to get bent.
My private school has decided to keep the online until 4th term, apparently 90% of the parents want it. There are only 140 kids in the school, sometimes democracy sucks.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
My private school has decided to keep the online until 4th term, apparently 90% of the parents want it. There are only 140 kids in the school, sometimes democracy sucks.
My kids have a choice. They can do lessons online or in the classroom. The eldest does have to go in for tests and assessments.

Lupus

Honorary Master
My kids have a choice. They can do lessons online or in the classroom. The eldest does have to go in for tests and assessments.
No choice was given, didn't even know of the vote :( I would've been kick his ass back to school. Lockdown is giving him a little boop.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
So seriously... at effectively the last minute the fsck up everyones plans, again...
That's what you get when a politician, who gets served whilst living of taxpayer money, makes choices on behalf of citizens.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
No choice was given, didn't even know of the vote :( I would've been kick his ass back to school. Lockdown is giving him a little boop.
I've got one that wants to go and one that wants to stay home. Bit of a pain.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Western cape is also doing their own thing. Hopefully in this case as well.

Both kids are suppose to go back next week but waiting to see how the school reacts to this release.
The younger one is at an ECD so we are waiting on a different announcement tomorrow.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Ex Model C type setup? (those are what I reference by saying semi-private... as in the have Governing body teachers and such like things)
Mine also TB, public. But they are special needs and already small classes ( <10), so it's just basic spacing and sanitizing needed to continue as normal, no special changes or class reshuffling.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Our 10 year old has been back since last week. Half the grade attends Monday and Wednesday while the other half attends Tuesdays and Thursday.

On fridays the school gets sanitised.

She does her work in class that needs to be done and then gets work to do at home on the days she doesn't have to attend.

Since I prefer to not let my wife deal with her, at least I get two days where I can concentrate 100% on my work and don't have to run around trying to help her.

I have no idea when our 13 year old is going back. In fact the school stopped uploading work almost a month ago so right now I'm just making her do maths until she is blue in the face. It's either that or I let her to her own devices which in variably would end with her walking around the house doing Tiktok dances and singing.