Democrats Have Impeached Trump in the House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
LOL ......only racist lies.

How come all the Trumpettes have such poor memories.

Hope Hicks says she told 'white lies' only about small matters

Former White House communications director Hope Hicks told lawmakers Wednesday that she had "never been asked to lie about matters of substance or consequence," contending that "white lies" she had told on behalf of President Donald Trump were about small matters, such as his availability.

The comments are part of the 273-page transcript of Hicks' closed-door interview with the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, a document that revealed behind-the-scenes details of Trump's presidential campaign as well as her relationship to the now-commander in chief.

Asked if Trump ever asked anyone to lie during the campaign, Hicks said: "Not that I can recall."
But the transcript also showed just how much White House lawyers objected to the questioning.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Oh I think Trump sewed that up pretty well when he anointed Rush Limbaugh with America's highest honor last night.

Just not the impeachy parts hey
Watch what Trevor Noah has to say about that.

From 5:44

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Good to see, and expect 8 Rep's to be looking for a new job.

Senate passes Iran War Powers resolution despite Trump's opposition

The Senate passed an Iran War Powers resolution on Thursday, a rare measure that was approved with bipartisan support despite the fact that it has been opposed by President Donald Trump and aims to rein in his ability to use military action against Iran without congressional approval.

The vote was 55-45. Eight Republicans voted in favor of it: Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Todd Young of Indiana, Mike Lee of Utah, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, Rand Paul of Kentucky, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana and Jerry Moran of Kansas.

The President warned the Senate not to green-light the measure on Wednesday, tweeting that "it is very important for our country's security that the United States Senate not vote for the Iran War Powers Resolution," and adding, "If my hands were tied, Iran would have a field day."

The White House has also issued a veto threat against it.

Despite that, the resolution, chiefly authored by Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia, won bipartisan support. Several Republican senators, including Lee, Paul and Collins, signed on as co-sponsors.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Good to see, and expect 8 Rep's to be looking for a new job.

Senate passes Iran War Powers resolution despite Trump's opposition

The Senate passed an Iran War Powers resolution on Thursday, a rare measure that was approved with bipartisan support despite the fact that it has been opposed by President Donald Trump and aims to rein in his ability to use military action against Iran without congressional approval.

The vote was 55-45. Eight Republicans voted in favor of it: Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Todd Young of Indiana, Mike Lee of Utah, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, Rand Paul of Kentucky, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana and Jerry Moran of Kansas.

The President warned the Senate not to green-light the measure on Wednesday, tweeting that "it is very important for our country's security that the United States Senate not vote for the Iran War Powers Resolution," and adding, "If my hands were tied, Iran would have a field day."

The White House has also issued a veto threat against it.

Despite that, the resolution, chiefly authored by Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia, won bipartisan support. Several Republican senators, including Lee, Paul and Collins, signed on as co-sponsors.
Pfft. This is how they all get to pretend to keep their credibility after the impeachment. A nominal rebuke with no need to show courage or make Trump face any consequences for his actions.

GOP senator says it appears Trump hasn't learned anything

Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski says there have not been indicators that President Trump has learned any lessons from being impeached.

buka001

Executive Member
Gen Kelly left the Whitehouse, because working for Trump was killer.

A good read. Nice insights into the Whitehouse under Trump. At least someone tried to stand up against a lot of Trumps bravado BS.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Big mouth Jim Jordan

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Barr takes rare swipe at Trump, says president's tweets are making it 'impossible to do my job'

Attorney General William Barr on Thursday rebuked President Donald Trump for publicly commenting on sensitive investigations but insisted the Justice Department had acted appropriately after an extraordinary falling out with career prosecutors who had handled the case of Roger Stone earlier this week.

In an interview with ABC News, Barr provided a robust defense of the department's rank-and-file and said Trump's online missives made it "impossible" to do his job.
"I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me," Barr said.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
That Barr thing stinks of a pre-arranged play.
As for Trump contradicting himself - well that's the problem for a bad pathological liar, isn't it? Or perhaps it's the dementia doing the talking this time.

greg0205

Honorary Master
That Barr thing stinks of a pre-arranged play.
As for Trump contradicting himself - well that's the problem for a bad pathological liar, isn't it? Or perhaps it's the dementia doing the talking this time.
It's the lies.

Unlike the truth which remains constant, lies evolve, and because they evolve, they trip the liar up. And Donnie is a lying liar who lies.

Of course he sent Rudy to find dirt on Joe, and of course he lied about it during the impeachment.

If you're paying attention, you'll notice Donnie always confesses to the worst lies in unguarded moments. Always.

This was inevitable. It always is with him.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Tinfoil hats now on sale in aisle two.
1:
“What was Rudy Giuliani doing in Ukraine on your behalf?” asked O’Reilly.

“Well, you have to ask that to Rudy,” Trump responded. “But Rudy…I don’t even know…I know he was going to go to Ukraine and I think he cancelled the trip.”

“But you know, Rudy has other clients other than me,” he continued. “I’m one person-”

O’Reilly cut him off: “So you didn’t direct him to go there on your behalf?”

“No,” Trump said.

“Here’s my choice: I deal with the Comeys of the world, or I deal with Rudy,” Trump said, referring to former FBI Director James Comey. Trump explained that he has “a very bad taste” of the US intelligence community, because of the Russia investigation, so he turned to Giuliani.

“So when you tell me, why did I use Rudy, and one of the things about Rudy, number one, he was the best prosecutor, you know, one of the best prosecutors, and the best mayor,” Trump said. “But also, other presidents had them. FDR had a lawyer who was practically, you know, was totally involved with government. Eisenhower had a lawyer. They all had lawyers.”

Gnarls

Expert Member
1:
“What was Rudy Giuliani doing in Ukraine on your behalf?” asked O’Reilly.

“Well, you have to ask that to Rudy,” Trump responded. “But Rudy…I don’t even know…I know he was going to go to Ukraine and I think he cancelled the trip.”

“But you know, Rudy has other clients other than me,” he continued. “I’m one person-”

O’Reilly cut him off: “So you didn’t direct him to go there on your behalf?”

“No,” Trump said.

“Here’s my choice: I deal with the Comeys of the world, or I deal with Rudy,” Trump said, referring to former FBI Director James Comey. Trump explained that he has “a very bad taste” of the US intelligence community, because of the Russia investigation, so he turned to Giuliani.

“So when you tell me, why did I use Rudy, and one of the things about Rudy, number one, he was the best prosecutor, you know, one of the best prosecutors, and the best mayor,” Trump said. “But also, other presidents had them. FDR had a lawyer who was practically, you know, was totally involved with government. Eisenhower had a lawyer. They all had lawyers.”
Price of Tinfoil hats reduced, get yours now!

Status
Not open for further replies.