Dental implant + crown costs?

Method

Executive Member
So I need an implant and 2 crowns done. Implant for a missing tooth that broke when I fell with the bike and cracked the root so it got infected and too lose to rescue. And then the tooth next to that one also broke and has a crown on now, but needs replacement (been around 15 years now)

Can anyone recommend an in-chair dentist in Pretoria that won’t charge me an arm and a leg?

RonSwanson

Expert Member
So I need an implant and 2 crowns done. Implant for a missing tooth that broke when I fell with the bike and cracked the root so it got infected and too lose to rescue. And then the tooth next to that one also broke and has a crown on now, but needs replacement (been around 15 years now)

Can anyone recommend an in-chair dentist in Pretoria that won’t charge me an arm and a leg?
For surgery (such as removal of tooth and root) I recommend Dr Julius Kohler in Groenkloof, next to SARS. He's is excellent, has unique tools and techniques, and does not charge too much. Takes about 3 seconds to extract a tooth and root.

Method

Executive Member
For surgery (such as removal of tooth and root) I recommend Dr Julius Kohler in Groenkloof, next to SARS. He's is excellent, has unique tools and techniques, and does not charge too much. Takes about 3 seconds to extract a tooth and root.
Thanks, but my tooth is already gone for about 2 years. Want to get an implant. Don’t like having a flipper (denture thingy)

signates

Executive Member
Also had a tooth missing for a while and decided to have a bridge done instead of an implant. As the tooth next to the gap is already a crown and needs replacing, a bridge might be a cheaper option.

Have my bridge now for about 6 months and much better than the false tooth that I had before for the gap.

Cost was R12k for the bridge and the two crown for the teeth on either side of the gap. Was in Strand so can't recommend anyone your side.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Thanks, but my tooth is already gone for about 2 years. Want to get an implant. Don’t like having a flipper (denture thingy)
You need to get implant done sooner than later. The longer you have a missing tooth, the bone loses its density where the tooth was. I waited a few years before having implant and required bone graft.

Moto Guzzi

Hi,

Anyone have any idea what this costs in SA currently?

I may have to have an old root canal tooth pulled...
Rippoff expensive, but enquire and compare the type of materials used especially if you get a way cheaper qwote, not sure if your medical aid is going to run away.

Spliffcat

Expert Member
Mate of mine had it done. Brilliant job. Was quoted over 200 k. Cost him 30k in India.

rodga

Executive Member
Do you have details of the dental practitioner?
Also some pics of your friend smiling? Lol jk

I too need an extraction and implants etc. But no ways I can afford to do it locally at current prices.

Spliffcat

Expert Member
Rodga I'll get the details for you. It's a brilliant job they did on my friend. I'm thinking of going as well.

Spliffcat

Expert Member
Ok I got the latest prices it works out from about R4000 a tooth for the cheapest to 3 x that for the more expensive ones. Google Delhi Dental center.com.

Swa

Honorary Master
Ok I got the latest prices it works out from about R4000 a tooth for the cheapest to 3 x that for the more expensive ones. Google Delhi Dental center.com.
What's the difference between the cheapies vs the expensive ones?