Deploying to the Apple App Store (iOS)

[)roi(]

Executive Member
Yeah. Macincloud for $20 pm will suffice for now I reckon.
That depends on the complexity of the app incl. complexity to develop, debug & test it; but you'd know that better than me.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wasn’t there talk of being able to do this via iPad?

Or was that a pipe dream yet to happen one day in the future?

[)roi(]

Executive Member
Wasn’t there talk of being able to do this via iPad?

Or was that a pipe dream yet to happen one day in the future?
If you are referring to being able to develop on an iPad, then YES and NO:
  • iPads have supported Swift playgrounds since 2016, but that's primarily as a learning resource. So yes you can open / create a Xcode playground on the iPad, but it's certainly not practical or possible as a Mac replacement.
  • A full Xcode on iPad is very unlikely IMO and would be nothing more than a novelty rather than offer a revolutionary, practical or productive workflow.

Daruk

Honorary Master
That depends on the complexity of the app incl. complexity to develop, debug & test it; but you'd know that better than me.
We're doing that on PC and the last mile on Mac. It's cross platform on React Native. We have now got it working on both platforms and had to do a little work with library versions to make sure it compiles consistently on both platforms with the same code base. Next is to deploy to the app store this week.

Daruk

Honorary Master
If you are referring to being able to develop on an iPad, then YES and NO:
  • iPads have supported Swift playgrounds since 2016, but that's primarily as a learning resource. So yes you can open / create a Xcode playground on the iPad, but it's certainly not practical or possible as a Mac replacement.
  • A full Xcode on iPad is very unlikely IMO and would be nothing more than a novelty rather than offer a revolutionary, practical or productive workflow.
I'm waiting for voice coding where I can be on my lilo in the pool dictating to my iPad :laugh:

Kosmik

Honorary Master
We got a Mac mini that sits in the corner just to do the compile deployment. VS does to it.