Deputy finance minister warns of wage freeze, 'looming fiscal crisis'

surface

Executive Member
I'm not going down this deflection. The stats are there, if you disagree with then, create your own for public consumption.
Ok - I really wanted to find but looks like you carry your sentiments across threads.

The Free Radical

More Hegelian Dialectic used by our crooked government. Ordo Ab Chao

PROBLEM - Governmint is broke. Public workers will throw their toys out the cot if their pensions are touched by guvamint who want da muney.

REACTION - Government threatens to freeze salaries of government workers. Workers go apesh|t!

SOLUTION - Tell them the only way to stave off salary freezes is for govermint to dip their fingers in the pension cookie jar. Idiot workers demand that it be done instead because they want da salary muney NOW!

Last edited:

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
uhmmm, no
the tax collection has more than doubled over the past 10 years, inflation has not resulted in the doubling of general prices
therefore you are wrong
Please
Indicate then WHERE this doubling of tax collection has happened ?
and
WHO was responsible for it ?

Better tax collection on the part of SARS ( although I doubt it seeing all the disasters that have been going on there )
or
More people / companies being added to the pool from which tax can be collected

Curious people would like to KNOW ....

Bewlen

Please
Indicate then WHERE this doubling of tax collection has happened ?
and
WHO was responsible for it ?

Better tax collection on the part of SARS ( although I doubt it seeing all the disasters that have been going on there )
or
More people / companies being added to the pool from which tax can be collected

Curious people would like to KNOW ....
Can you stop writing in selective ***damn caps like a 6-year old.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
The fuel levy can be painlessly decreased by about R2/l by simply getting rid of the RAF and making third party insurance mandatory for all vehicles. The vast majority of cars on the road already have insurance, so most people are not going to get impacted.
Indeed which is pretty much my point, a decrease in fuel could well see the economy doing somewhat better. The economy performing better could see an increase in overall tax collection without actually changing any other tax brackets or amounts.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
One problem I have with the fuel levy, is it is a non-productive tax. It creates no jobs. It is simply a levy added to the price, which the big oil companies pay over to Government in one fat cheque.

If the fuel levy was removed, and instead VAT or other tax duty was increased, people would spend the fuel tax money they saved on VATed goods and services.The goods and services would result from economic activity (jobs) like farming, industry, logistics and services. In effect, Government collects the same revenue, but now more people are employed to meet demand for goods and services to collect this tax.

Or am I completely wrong?

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
One problem I have with the fuel levy, is it is a non-productive tax. It creates no jobs. It is simply a levy added to the price, which the big oil companies pay over to Government in one fat cheque.

If the fuel levy was removed, and instead VAT or other tax duty was increased, people would spend the fuel tax money they saved on VATed goods and services.The goods and services would result from economic activity (jobs) like farming, industry, logistics and services. In effect, Government collects the same revenue, but now more people are employed to meet demand for goods and services to collect this tax.

Or am I completely wrong?
Tax is tax. Whether it is VAT or fuel levy or the carbon tax. Different names, but all going to the same dark hole.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
LOL, it is used to put emphasis on a word. Like you would if you were speaking - do you speak in monotone? Well you don't have to when you write either. Amazing the things you learn isn't it.......

Bewlen

LOL, it is used to put emphasis on a word. Like you would if you were speaking - do you speak in monotone? Well you don't have to when you write either. Amazing the things you learn isn't it.......
I have no idea how to interpret what you're saying. Maybe you could clarify for me? Did you mean:

LOL, it is used to put EMPHASIS on a word. Like YOU would if YOU were speaking - do you speak in MONOTONE? Well you DON'T HAVE TO when you WRITE either. Amazing the THINGS you learn isn't it.......

or

LOL, it is USED to put emphasis on a word. Like you would IF you were SPEAKING - do YOU speak in monotone? Well YOU don't have to when you write EITHER. AMAZING the things you learn isn't it.......

Please clarify if you could. Nothing makes sense without the emphasis.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
I have no idea how to interpret what you're saying. Maybe you could clarify for me? Did you mean:

LOL, it is used to put EMPHASIS on a word. Like YOU would if YOU were speaking - do you speak in MONOTONE? Well you DON'T HAVE TO when you WRITE either. Amazing the THINGS you learn isn't it.......

or

LOL, it is USED to put emphasis on a word. Like you would IF you were SPEAKING - do YOU speak in monotone? Well YOU don't have to when you write EITHER. AMAZING the things you learn isn't it.......

Please clarify if you could. Nothing makes sense without the emphasis.
That is one load of kak you just typed out for the world to see.

Sl8er

Executive Member
It is meant as eMpHaSiS as he explained to me. R u Nt abl 2 folw his psts?
Totally off-topic:

Just do what I do, read his posts with Bobcat Goldthwait's voice ;)
(That is, on the rare occasions that I actually read and not just skip over it)

:ROFL::thumbsup: