Derek Hanekom sues Jacob Zuma for R500K for calling him 'apartheid spy'

thechamp

Honorary Master
Former Cabinet minister and prominent ANC member Derek Hanekom is taking former president Jacob Zuma to court to the tune of R500 000 for defamation, Business Day reported. This follows a tweet on July 25 in which Zuma referred to Hanekom as a "known enemy agent".

The tweet came after EFF leader Julius Malema alleged that Hanekom conspiredwith the party to oust Zuma via a motion of no confidence in the National Assembly.
Hanekom served in Zuma's Cabinet in various positions, the last being tourism minister, despite him being outspoken against the former president and openly voicing concerns over state capture.
https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/derek-hanekom-sues-jacob-zuma-for-r500k-for-calling-him-apartheid-spy-20190813

ForceFate

Honorary Master
This is going to be interesting...

It would be even more interesting to see how 831 spins this one.

3WA

Executive Member
Low blow from Derek. If we lose the apartheid spy card, all we’ll have left is the race card, which is also losing value every day.

I’ve been researching ways to send my race cards overseas to protect against hyperinflation.

I believe the allegations are true but I doubt Zuma has any evidence. I foresee the court ordering Zuma to retract his allegation and apologize to Hanekom. Hanekom wins the legal battle. The political part though will be totally different, Zuma was the head of intelligence for the ANC so these accusations will not be taken lightly, take the fact that he plotted with the opposition to remove a seating president, he will face some serious sanctions. I see him being expelled from the ANC.

zolly

Expert Member
I don't know what would be better: seeing Zuma in prison overalls or so broke he ends up begging on the street. At the rate he's going not even his buddies may be able to bail him out of the financial hole he's in.

zolly

Expert Member
I believe the allegations are true but I doubt Zuma has any evidence. I foresee the court ordering Zuma to retract his allegation and apologize to Hanekom. Hanekom wins the legal battle. The political part though will be totally different, Zuma was the head of intelligence for the ANC so these accusations will not be taken lightly, take the fact that he plotted with the opposition to remove a seating president, he will face some serious sanctions. I see him being expelled from the ANC.
I think Zuma may have operated as being a masterful liar and not much else. Every single person he's slung mud against he hasn't had a single piece of evidence to back it up. It may ben 25 years since the fall of Apartheid but if you're a spy master you make sure you have some actual dirt on your enemies. All we're seeing out of Zuma is threats and allegations without a single shred of proof to back any of them up.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
These politicians are too busy playing "who sued who" than be bothered to help fix the damn country.

Then they wonder why the taxpayers loathe and despise them whilst droves of skilled and talented Saffers are leaving the country.
Fck these loathsome politicians
Every single one of them

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
you believe the allegations are true but doubt Zuma has evidence?

So once again you are being driven by emotion and not actual evidence (just like in the cases for your beloved PP). If you are supposed to be a media propaganda agent for showerhead and his mistress you really need to up your game.

I don't know what would be better: seeing Zuma in prison overalls or so broke he ends up begging on the street. At the rate he's going not even his buddies may be able to bail him out of the financial hole he's in.
But why would he go to prison? We can't go around throwing people in jail cells just because we don't like them you know.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Why do you believe them to be true, if you think there is no evidence to support the allegations?

Zuma has been threatening to spill dirt on everybody for years, and every time he does they are unfounded allegations which seem to have zero basis in reality. Nobody with any neural capacity believes his shyte anymore.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Why do you believe them to be true, if you think there is no evidence to support the allegations?

Zuma has been threatening to spill dirt on everybody for years, and every time he does they are unfounded allegations which seem to have zero basis in reality. Nobody with any neural capacity believes his shyte anymore.
See "The Corbomite Manoeuver" for a better understanding. :p

Moosedrool

Executive Member
According to some members here everyone with a light skin tone is a apartheid spy. And if you're Afrikaans speaking you must have a AWB armband hidden somewhere and probably visit stormfront or some rubbish white nationalist site everyday.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
According to some members here everyone with a light skin tone is a apartheid spy. And if you're Afrikaans speaking you must have a AWB armband hidden somewhere and probably visit stormfront or some rubbish white nationalist site everyday.
Can I claim to be an Apartheid spy based on my skintone then?

R13...

Honorary Master
What nonsense, Zuma had prerogative on cabinet appointments even going against consulting against the ANC and opting to rather take direction from his state capture buddies but yet still chose appoint a "known" apartheid spy to his cabinet? Pull the other one mate.

Awww so cute...

Treason would be a good reason for him to go to prison...
You mean Hanekom right, Yes he committed treason so we are on the same page on this. But as South Africans we are a forgiving Nation, we forgave apartheid killers without them apologizing for it, so what's treason? He will just get expelled and no jail time for him.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Give me a name, just one name.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You mean Hanekom right, Yes he committed treason so we are on the same page on this. But as South Africans we are a forgiving Nation, we forgave apartheid killers without them apologizing for it, so what's treason? He will just get expelled and no jail time for him.
No, I'm talking about Jacob.

Derek has not even vaguely committed treason.. if you think he has, then please explain why so we can show you why you are horribly wrong