Derek Hanekom sues Jacob Zuma for R500K for calling him 'apartheid spy'

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
Lew is going to come up with a conspiracy.
At least there are three things we already know and can confirm....

1. It was confirmed by the Dept. of Justice that Jacob Zuma still has not paid back a single cent for legal costs. He appealed the order and the case was postponed to 2020 and therefore any or all cases he brings related to his time in office, he still does not have to pay a cent pending the outcome of the appeal.

2. Zuma will claim that this matter is also related to him at the time he was President and therefore he qualifies for state funding for his legal challenges.

3. The Dept. of Justice confirmed that they are not paying either. So, it seems all his matters are just going to court with no payments.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
At least there are three things we already know and can confirm....

1. It was confirmed by the Dept. of Justice that Jacob Zuma still has not paid back a single cent for legal costs. He appealed the order and the case was postponed to 2020 and therefore any or all cases he brings related to his time in office, he still does not have to pay a cent pending the outcome of the appeal.

2. Zuma will claim that this matter is also related to him at the time he was President and therefore he qualifies for state funding for his legal challenges.

3. The Dept. of Justice confirmed that they are not paying either. So, it seems all his matters are just going to court with no payments.
1. He may not have paid, but we are no longer paying for him.

2. This matter is not related to when he was President, this stems from a statement he maid in the Zondo Commission and therefore no matter how he tries to spin this its for his account, also even when he was President not all costs for legal affairs are really for the state. Only those that directly relate to his role as President.

3. They are going to court with no upfront payments, but so far JZ is in for minimum R2m in legal fees. His lawyers will come calling at some point, and his current issue with Nkandla being possibly seized will seem like small fry.

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
3. They are going to court with no upfront payments, but so far JZ is in for minimum R2m in legal fees. His lawyers will come calling at some point, and his current issue with Nkandla being possibly seized will seem like small fry.
I have no doubt that the Government has been paying each and every bill his lawyers have submitted to date from some or the other account.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I have no doubt that the Government has been paying each and every bill his lawyers have submitted to date from some or the other account.
Oh, ok.. so now because they say they aren't paying, you are sure they are just doing so underhandedly?

You are aware that for the government departments that may be doing something like that, it would be a massive breach of the PFMA and open many senior staffers up to criminal charges. They would also be easy charges to prove and prosecute on. I know people love Jacob, but I doubt many of them are stupid enough to put their cock on a block for his legal fees given where he stands now.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Mind sharing more? I doubt anyone would want to put themselves in a high risk situation without any potential for future gains. What's your source?

Reactions: McT

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
Oh, ok.. so now because they say they aren't paying, you are sure they are just doing so underhandedly?

You are aware that for the government departments that may be doing something like that, it would be a massive breach of the PFMA and open many senior staffers up to criminal charges. They would also be easy charges to prove and prosecute on. I know people love Jacob, but I doubt many of them are stupid enough to put their cock on a block for his legal fees given where he stands now.
Let the investigations start then....

Sollie

Expert Member
1. He may not have paid, but we are no longer paying for him.

2. This matter is not related to when he was President, this stems from a statement he maid in the Zondo Commission and therefore no matter how he tries to spin this its for his account, also even when he was President not all costs for legal affairs are really for the state. Only those that directly relate to his role as President.

This is a bit like claiming we are not paying for the folk who don't pay their electricity. Mr JZ plays the courts, wastes their time. The courts and staff are paid for out of our tax money and we're not recovering it. In the meantime other cases takes longer because Mr JZ is holding up processes. Knock on costs for everybody.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
This is a bit like claiming we are not paying for the folk who don't pay their electricity. Mr JZ plays the courts, wastes their time. The courts and staff are paid for out of our tax money and we're not recovering it. In the meantime other cases takes longer because Mr JZ is holding up processes. Knock on costs for everybody.
Oh I'm not claiming we haven't paid and aren't paying in some way at the moment... But the courts have ordered him to pay costs twice at least so far... At some point the lawyers will come calling for their dollars.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Door : Knock knock

Z : Who's there?

Door : Mr A Lawyer

Z : I'm not here

Door : Of course you're here. Open up.

Z : Blast!

Door : Now, no swearing. Open up, please. We will not ask a third time.

Z : Nope! Won't open! Goe awaye! I'm sick!

thunderous roar as door is kicked open by somebody crossed with BA Baracus and The Hulk, and the entire Nkaaaandla complex crumbles into dust

McT

The Humble Scot!
Please substantiate your statement - or I am calling this 100% BS.

McSack

Executive Member
Oh I'm not claiming we haven't paid and aren't paying in some way at the moment... But the courts have ordered him to pay costs twice at least so far... At some point the lawyers will come calling for their dollars.
...and those dollahs will come from you and me and the rest of the tax-paying citizenry. It's not exactly like JZ has any income that has not come out of our pockets

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
...and those dollahs will come from you and me and the rest of the tax-paying citizenry. It's not exactly like JZ has any income that has not come out of our pockets
Well they have come from you and me already.... so maybe we can recoup some of his stolen loot through making him pay for his court cases...

Last edited:

McSack

Executive Member
Well they have come you and me already.... so maybe we can recoup some of his stolen loot through making him pay for his court cases...
Funny you should say that :X3: I also feel like they have come all over me multiple times :sick:
We're not recouping anything with that p%&#s paying for his court cases though ...his lawyers are being paid, but I doubt they are going to be willing to share any of their loot with the rest of us
Fsker must go to jail already

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Damn... I know I thought the "From" word in that sentence.... ffs.... that is disturbing. Let me fix that.

Oh we get paid as a country as well, when the court orders him to pay costs, he pays for both sidse.