Derek Hanekom sues Jacob Zuma for R500K for calling him 'apartheid spy'

grok

Honorary Master
What's a few bob when you've successfully used the allegations to divert from your actions being scrutinized at the state capture commission?

If anyone had any sense they should make Zuma re-do his testimony before Zondo without all the talking k@k about spies & **** this time.
Even better they should fly in Gracy from Singapore to hit him with a multiplug every time he says spy, or clears his throat to make way for another lie.

I have a feeling he's going to be protected again though, its unAfrican to take responsibility besides Africans don't question their leaders even if they get killed by them like Mugabe.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Another loss for Zuma as court dismisses bid to appeal Hanekom defamation judgment

Former president Jacob Zuma's bid for leave to appeal a court judgment that he apologise to ANC veteran Derek Hanekom for a tweet calling him a "known enemy agent", was dismissed on Thursday.

"In the opinion of this court an appeal of judgment would have no reasonable prospects of success before another court," Judge Dhaya Pillay said in the KwaZulu-Natal High Court in Pietermaritzburg.
The application was dismissed with costs

Mar Vin

I really couldn't care. But for what its worth I do hope he gets that R500k out of Butternut.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
It really pays to be a lawyer/advocate in this country of late

Strange that Zumpie hasn't opened his own controlling law-firm just yet!

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Let him be, I look forward to the day he will finally have to apologise to that enemy agent.
There is a fairly good chance the SCA will reject his leave for appeal as well, and the CC to... So that day may come sooner than we think.

Sollie

Expert Member
There is a fairly good chance the SCA will reject his leave for appeal as well, and the CC to... So that day may come sooner than we think.
Just amazing how much money he has for litigation when is claims poverty.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Well, I suspect in this case LouLou is correct, although the funding route is a bit more convoluted.

/It's Friday, tinfoil hat day ...
No, this is not the Friday thread... The potato man thread over there <------ is where you need to be.