Devon Hofmeyr reponds to open letter from Francois van Rensburg

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Jammer on van daardie kak te hoer

(apologies if this is irrelevant, I don't understand Afrikaans so this is my go-to line).
Someone once said: "I know enough Afrikaans to be dangerous"

Reactions: Swa

RedViking

Nord of the South
Can you point out the dads racism, or just because you don't agree with his POV then he must be racist?:unsure:

He has tweeted that "blacks are the architects of apartheid". He has continued to sing Die Stem at his concerts. He has trumpeted the old national flag. He calls himself a supporter of racist fringe group Die Suidlanders. He questions whether the k-word is really that unacceptable. He calls government (and/or President Cyril Ramaphosa) "a barbarian". He sees the state as "black" and "overweight". He says his "people" are "dying like flies". He called neo-Nazi Eugène Terre'Blanche a "proud cultural icon".

https://m.news24.com/Columnists/Pieter_du_Toit/why-steve-hofmeyr-is-increasingly-being-isolated-20190418

rambo919

Expert Member
You know, simply calling everyone that does not support total integration racist.... does not actually make them racist.....

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
He has tweeted that "blacks are the architects of apartheid". He has continued to sing Die Stem at his concerts. He has trumpeted the old national flag. He calls himself a supporter of racist fringe group Die Suidlanders. He questions whether the k-word is really that unacceptable. He calls government (and/or President Cyril Ramaphosa) "a barbarian". He sees the state as "black" and "overweight". He says his "people" are "dying like flies". He called neo-Nazi Eugène Terre'Blanche a "proud cultural icon".

https://m.news24.com/Columnists/Pieter_du_Toit/why-steve-hofmeyr-is-increasingly-being-isolated-20190418
None of which is racist.

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
Can you point out the dads racism, or just because you don't agree with his POV then he must be racist?:unsure:

Thanks @RedViking

Pitbull

Verboten

Would you highlight the racist part in any of those?

Pitbull

Verboten
Thanks for what? Trying to help you but proves nothing? I would greatly like to see one single example of racism by anyone against Steve. You can't supply it, no one can as there is none. Thus the Liberal meltdown against Steve as they can't label him and don't agree with his opinions so just call him racist.

You guys are no better than Zuma calling SA's problems being due to Apartheid :D

lumeer

Van Rensburg laments that Hofmeyr makes it intolerable for young white men to exist in this country, then goes on to accuse Hofmeyr of trying to speak for the white community. First, why would young white men in South Africa find it intolerable to exist because of Steve Hofmeyr, and second, is Van Rensburg not being hypocritical by himself speaking for the community of young white men when he makes this claim?

I disagree with the idea that people of a particular community need to take shared responsibility for the actions of other members of that community. One does not expect Indians to go around apologising for what the Guptas did. Why does Van Rensburg feel a special responsibility for what Hofmeyr gets up to? Van Rensburg should claim his own individual identity instead of being shackled to a group identity.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Unfortunately I don't see any news sources running it as yet.

Google translate:
......................................... You will not know because you have never sat down next to a woman in ICU who was raped 10 times, stabbed 7 times and had 32 brandy marks on her body. I didn't even want to talk about her 2 year old girl who was cut off her arms and legs with a panga and thrown into a trash. And THAT all because there are calls made by those parties. I challenge you to go back to Netwerk24 and submit an application to write an open letter to the EFF and BLF, as "racial reconciliation" is so important to you. And when you have written that letter, I challenge you to go to an EFF rally / BLF rally, between everyone who sings 'Kill the Boer, Kill the Farmer' and your 'racial reconciliation' there. If Steve Hofmeyr asked for death from other races and the denial of other cultures, we would have given you more recognition. But that's the opposite. Unfortunately for you. Francois van Rensburg, I cordially invite you to go to the farm murder monument with me for a weekend and explain to me why those crosses were planted there. Because I tell YOU, Francois today, we will be the voice of every child, farmer and his wife who is slaughtered, raped and murdered. We refuse to be silenced by a liberal student who wants to prescribe what we may and may not say. If you feel we are getting too bad, I have bad news for you. We haven't even started yet. Devon Hofmeyr
Wonder if it was Klippies or Richelieu marks :unsure::ROFL:

3WA

Executive Member
Is there somewhere that I can read an explanation of the “blacks are architects of apartheid” comment? I'd like to see exactly how he got to that conclusion.