Devon Hofmeyr reponds to open letter from Francois van Rensburg

Hamster

Resident Rodent
is Van Rensburg not being hypocritical by himself speaking for the community of young white men when he makes this claim?
Hypocritical and uninformed. Die volk het klaar besluit:

84B5D297-E360-48A7-8D39-90C695E8CF8F.jpeg

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Is there somewhere that I can read an explanation of the “blacks are architects of apartheid” comment? I'd like to see exactly how he got to that conclusion.
His words:

"Apartheid was a system of segregation. You have to ask why.

"See why architects... International murder rate: 6/100000 SA citizens: 31/100000 SAPS members: 54/100000 Farmers: 133/100000."

3WA

Executive Member
His words:
So if I'm understanding this correctly, his argument is that black people had to be segregated into homelands because that would help control the murder rate of farmers, and to a lesser extent, policemen? Are those murder rates from the apartheid/pre-apartheid days?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
So if I'm understanding this correctly, his argument is that black people had to be segregated into homelands because that would help control the murder rate of farmers, and to a lesser extent, policemen? Are those murder rates from the apartheid/pre-apartheid days?
His thinking is the same as what a lot of white people were thinking and it was said in the middle of Zuma's reign of chaos. I'm sure there are black people thinking similar things about white people (stolen land, minerals, please go back to Europe, murderers etc).

The difference is where most people like Malema, Ace and Andile would stop themselves from saying such crazy things because they know it is wrong Steve tweeted and defended it.

A rookie mistake even if he used numbers to back up his claim.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Is there somewhere that I can read an explanation of the “blacks are architects of apartheid” comment? I'd like to see exactly how he got to that conclusion.
Yes Google it.

There is nothing more to it. Posted just like that on twitter. And he can't explain himself. Don't even think he knows what he meant. I would assume he referred to the current "apartheid" of hatred towards whites and racist laws, killing of white farmers and land claimed to be stolen. But who knows. Maybe he was taking about pumpkins or something.

3WA

Executive Member
Yes Google it.

There is nothing more to it. Posted just like that on twitter. And he can't explain himself. Don't even think he knows what it means.
Yeah, I've seen the tweets and read the news articles, but it doesn't seem like he laid out premises and an argument to accompany the conclusion. The other responses I've got here have been more helpful than the news reports in trying to follow Steve's logic.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Basically blaming all blacks for apartheid.

The fact that a large % of the people on this forum think there is nothing wrong or racist about that is telling

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yeah, I've seen the tweets and read the news articles, but it doesn't seem like he laid out premises and an argument to accompany the conclusion. The other responses I've got here have been more helpful than the news reports in trying to follow Steve's logic.
Thats the problem with Steve. He makes comments but he doesn't elaborate on what he meant. If you read the response to that tweat he can't explain himself, just make other random comments.

I've edit my comments above to what I 'think' he meant. But who knows what goes on upstairs.

Pitbull

Verboten
Basically blaming all blacks for apartheid.

The fact that a large % of the people on this forum think there is nothing wrong or racist about that is telling
Please explain to me even if at face value only going by that tweet, what is racist about it?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Google it and you'll see he explained himself. Or, just scroll up...

A more verbose explanation of my post: I think you are posting about a topic you know fokkol about.
Where did he explained his 'racist' tweet. I googled. I find not