Devon Hofmeyr reponds to open letter from Francois van Rensburg

Sollie

Expert Member
Google it and you'll see he explained himself. Or, just scroll up...

A more verbose explanation of my post: I think you are posting about a topic you know fokkol about.
And that is the problem, people rather asking others and listening to hearsay, rather than simply using Google to find why he said what he said. Of course the news media simply loves it. Hell, I want to be a salesman to them ...

But then again, if they're so fragile, it may fry their brains. :sneaky:

Sollie

Expert Member
Please explain to me even if at face value only going by that tweet, what is racist about it?
Of course they can't. But then again it feels wrong and racist labelling is all about feels ...

Incidentally this is part of why we are in the mess in South Africa we are in. Dumb listening to dumber to explain it to them.

RedViking

Nord of the South

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I see that is his "explanation". I fail to see how it explains his tweet. Maybe I am missing something. That is the problem with him. He says stuff but it aint making no sense...go figure
He says: "blacks are barbaric murderers so of course we'd like to live a live without you".

Kinda racist.

Although one has to ask: why is the second tweet never brought up and why is his tweet of five years ago suddenly receiving so much attention? Opportunism...

Bewlen

Apologies if I'm derailing, but am i the only one stuck on THE TWO-YEAR OLD WHO HAD HER ARMS AND LEGS FU***** CHOPPED OFF?! Is this real???

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Apologies if I'm derailing, but am i the only one stuck on THE TWO-YEAR OLD WHO HAD HER ARMS AND LEGS FU***** CHOPPED OFF?! Is this real???
No worse than being drowned in boiling water or being burnt with a clothing iron. TIA.

STS

Mafia Detective
Devon is Steve's son, however, he's the son that isn't into music and all the other things. Pro Afrikaans laaitie who has been very deep in the Farm attacks issue and the protection of Afrikaans.

Francois, Potch student who wrote an open letter on behalf of Afrikaans kids his age
People on the farm murder issue are like the people on the land issue, they only care about one group and report only one side of the story

STS

Mafia Detective
No worse than being drowned in boiling water or being burnt with a clothing iron. TIA.
Or being raped so viciously your insides fall out or being abandoned in dustbin after being born 2 days ago. We get to see what people are like when they have no limits

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Or being raped so viciously your insides fall out or being abandoned in dustbin after being born 2 days ago. We get to see what people are like when they have no limits
Acid being thrown in your face at a traffic stop, being raped throughout the night only to be stabbed and stoned or being burnt alive.

Anyway, back on topic. Let's talk about Steve's tweet.

People on the farm murder issue are like the people on the land issue, they only care about one group and report only one side of the story
Not the case, maybe go read the farm attacks thread... all races affected are mentioned and respected/accounted for.