Devon Hofmeyr reponds to open letter from Francois van Rensburg

Sollie

Expert Member
Let's rather troll about raping babies. It's more inclusive for all groups than so consistently bashing one group.

Swa

Honorary Master
Cos even Stevie knows that Afrikaans is a dying language...
Say what? I hope that's sarcasm or else you have no idea about our largest indigenous language.

He has tweeted that "blacks are the architects of apartheid". He has continued to sing Die Stem at his concerts. He has trumpeted the old national flag. He calls himself a supporter of racist fringe group Die Suidlanders. He questions whether the k-word is really that unacceptable. He calls government (and/or President Cyril Ramaphosa) "a barbarian". He sees the state as "black" and "overweight". He says his "people" are "dying like flies". He called neo-Nazi Eugène Terre'Blanche a "proud cultural icon".

https://m.news24.com/Columnists/Pieter_du_Toit/why-steve-hofmeyr-is-increasingly-being-isolated-20190418
So nothing racist. Ok we get it.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
He has tweeted that "blacks are the architects of apartheid". He has continued to sing Die Stem at his concerts. He has trumpeted the old national flag. He calls himself a supporter of racist fringe group Die Suidlanders. He questions whether the k-word is really that unacceptable. He calls government (and/or President Cyril Ramaphosa) "a barbarian". He sees the state as "black" and "overweight". He says his "people" are "dying like flies". He called neo-Nazi Eugène Terre'Blanche a "proud cultural icon".

https://m.news24.com/Columnists/Pieter_du_Toit/why-steve-hofmeyr-is-increasingly-being-isolated-20190418
1) Not racism
2) Not racism
3) Pretty sure they are just a bunch of preppers , dont know if they are racist but dont think so.
4) It is unacceptable but should not ruin peoples lives or lead to jail time.however if you use it and end up having to explain to a bunch of angry people then that is on the person using it.
5) Opinions are like.........everyone has one
6) See point no. 5

Sollie

Expert Member

Back to school for you.

Question 1: Please describe in no more than a 50 words what racism is. (2 points)

truman19

He says: "blacks are barbaric murderers so of course we'd like to live a live without you".

Kinda racist.

Although one has to ask: why is the second tweet never brought up and why is his tweet of five years ago suddenly receiving so much attention? Opportunism...
What does "Kinda racist" mean?

STS

Mafia Detective
Let's rather troll about raping babies. It's more inclusive for all groups than so consistently bashing one group.
Point is Steve only cares about afrikaners and Malema only cares about black people. If Steve is above criticism then so is Malema

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Point is Steve only cares about afrikaners and Malema only cares about black people. If Steve is above criticism then so is Malema
And if Steve is to be boycotted and censored then so should Malema. Pretty sure that if Steve wasn't being singled out there would've been no backlash. But because he is we all look at him and say "Hey, what's different about him?" and the answer is always "he is white" and BOOM... people are sick of this ****.

STS

Mafia Detective
And if Steve is to be boycotted and censored then so should Malema. Pretty sure that if Steve wasn't being singled out there would've been no backlash. But because he is we all look at him and say "Hey, what's different about him?" and the answer is always "he is white" and BOOM... people are sick of this ****.
If there is a way to boycott Malema I would, but both him and Steve have a huge following. The issues is Steve uses private platforms to make his income and people are allowed to not be happy with that if he is using their platform to air his views

RedViking

Nord of the South
Steve is an Artist, Malema is a Politician. Steve has fans, Malema has voters. Steve should just form his own political party and become a politician then he will get full coverage again.

gamer16

Honorary Master

So no racism then? Just some more true than not things?

HunterNW

Executive Member
So.... if i like the things Steve like, you going to ban me in this forum ?

I even read his books. .!.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Was this ever reported?
Unfortunately, very few real farm murders, the really disturbing and violent ones, are ever reported. I've been to a few scenes and the media isn't interested. I've seen what a bedroom looks like when 3 attackers get hold of an old lady. They survived, because by some miracle her husband got his hands on his firearm, but the carpets and the bed had to be replaced, the walls washed and repainted and even blood spatter had to be washed off the ceiling. Drag marks as the old man pulled himself through the hallway had to be washed off (yay tiles).

It's frigging disturbing what's being done to farmers these days.

R13...

Honorary Master
I'm sure if Steve starts a political party he'd be treated same as Malema in terms of bans, etc.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Indeed it is, but it begs the question, why do they do it in such a violent (for want of a more descriptive word) way.
Hatred toward white people, partly. The fact that farmers are targeted is a fact, but it's not always just the white people who are treated so violently. The black workers who are loyal to their employers are treated the same. I, for one, believe it's a tactic to scare white farmers off their farms, so that they can reduce in value and eventually be sold to whoever is driving this. Who that is, I don't know, but it's working damn well.

EDIT: PS that's just my little conspiracy theory and I have no grounds or basis to prove it from.