Devon Hofmeyr reponds to open letter from Francois van Rensburg

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Say what? I hope that's sarcasm or else you have no idea about our largest indigenous language.

So nothing racist. Ok we get it.
Hell no, its the gods honest truth... The language is dying, get out now while you still can. Even Stevie knew back then and gave his lightie the best chance with an English name (he just needs to change the spelling of the surname at some point)

gamer16

Executive Member
Hatred toward white people, partly. The fact that farmers are targeted is a fact, but it's not always just the white people who are treated so violently. The black workers who are loyal to their employers are treated the same. I, for one, believe it's a tactic to scare white farmers off their farms, so that they can reduce in value and eventually be sold to whoever is driving this. Who that is, I don't know, but it's working damn well.

EDIT: PS that's just my little conspiracy theory and I have no grounds or basis to prove it from.
I'll ponder your conspiracy theory later in private. I once asked a (black man) at work whist on the subject and he basically said the savageness of the murders is not unique to farm murders, it happens everywhere especially in townships, as people are just savages.

But I try not to think about that too much as that makes the world sooooooooo much worse than I already think it is.

gamer16

Executive Member
Hell no, its the gods honest truth... The language is dying, get out now while you still can. Even Stevie knew back then and gave his lightie the best chance with an English name (he just needs to change the spelling of the surname at some point)
Its dying because the people are dying, and also because it is incredibly complicated, but it is one of the most beautiful and emotional languages still in existence, I think it deserves to be protected.

Far from it actually if you look at the census results. It's oppressed/excluded sure, but far from dying.

Point is Steve only cares about afrikaners and Malema only cares about black people. If Steve is above criticism then so is Malema
Granted, however Steve doesn't sing and call for the killing of Malema's race, Malema does however do it with Hofmeyrs race...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Its dying because the people are dying, and also because it is incredibly complicated, but it is one of the most beautiful and emotional languages still in existence, I think it deserves to be protected.
That I can agree with... Its a great language to swear in....

Far from it actually if you look at the census results. It's oppressed/excluded sure, but far from dying.
FFS, seriously, you're still taking these sorts of posts in this thread seriously? I was being seriously tongue in cheek to start with, and responded even more sarcastically to Swa.

FFS, seriously, you're still taking these sorts of posts in this thread seriously? I was being seriously tongue in cheek to start with, and responded even more sarcastically to Swa.
I only logged on, I might have missed a few posts and if so I apologize. Not the thread to be posting tongue in cheek things though, just my 2c.

gamer16

Executive Member

Jip and we all know how versatile the word Fok is, difficult to make a sentence where it wouldn't fit in.

rietrot

Honorary Master
People on the farm murder issue are like the people on the land issue, they only care about one group and report only one side of the story
Geez. What's the other side of the story? Thoses poor farm murderers don't have land? Or is it because they aren't doing the job of the police and keeping comprehensive stats of all crime in SA?
How is it wrong to care about a specific issue?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I only logged on, I might have missed a few posts and if so I apologize. Not the thread to be posting tongue in cheek things though, just my 2c.
Of course it is..

Its a spat between 2 idiots... its the perfect place to be making such posts.

rambo919

Expert Member
I'll ponder your conspiracy theory later in private. I once asked a (black man) at work whist on the subject and he basically said the savageness of the murders is not unique to farm murders, it happens everywhere especially in townships, as people are just savages.

But I try not to think about that too much as that makes the world sooooooooo much worse than I already think it is.
Doesn't that basically mean that blacks generally are more savage than whites? Whites typically don't kill like that when they do. But of course bringing the common denominator into this is automatically racist because it clips black halo's.

STS

Mafia Detective
I see no problem with this, better to care for thosee you actual care about than to stand around saying you care about everyone and everyone should be equal, f,uck that.
I agree with that, you cannot force yourself to care about someone you don't like, but people should be aware of that standard and not see it as a defense of another when it is pointed out to them. Pointing out facts can sometimes been seen as sympathy or support

gamer16

Executive Member
Doesn't that basically mean that blacks generally are more savage than whites? Whites typically don't kill like that when they do. But of course bringing the common denominator into this is automatically racist because it clips black halo's.
Of course it does, hence I sometimes refer to them as the 11th plague, bit you are not allowed to say it, even though everyone know it.

rambo919

Expert Member
Apologies if I'm derailing, but am i the only one stuck on THE TWO-YEAR OLD WHO HAD HER ARMS AND LEGS FU***** CHOPPED OFF?! Is this real???
Of course it's real, this kind of thing has been going on since before 1994. People only think it stopped because of the media blackout.

STS

Mafia Detective
Hoo boy, have I got history lessons for you. Just look up the Polish serial killer who was literally begging for the death penalty and was denied it, forget his name now

rambo919

Expert Member
Hoo boy, have I got history lessons for you. Just look up the Polish serial killer who was literally begging for the death penalty and was denied it, forget his name now
So you think farm murderers are merely serial killers? You DO realize serial killers are not typical killers right?

gamer16

Executive Member
I agree with that, you cannot force yourself to care about someone you don't like, but people should be aware of that standard and not see it as a defense of another when it is pointed out to them. Pointing out facts can sometimes been seen as sympathy or support
People don't like facts when they are under scrutiny you see, think about religion or politics or media figures or smelly people or fat people or stupid people or fat people, really annoy me they do, especially when they complain about it I just want to smack them with a bit of 2x4 and say who's fault do you think it is you blithering idiot, and those who get offended when you tell them they are fat, as if they don't have mirrors in their houses like they did notice or something, ffs.

STS

Mafia Detective
Geez. What's the other side of the story? Thoses poor farm murderers don't have land? Or is it because they aren't doing the job of the police and keeping comprehensive stats of all crime in SA?
How is it wrong to care about a specific issue?
It's not wrong, that is why I am highlighting this point. Everyone is affected by violent murders, everyone has rightful claim to land, the end. People can see one side of the issue with blinkers on and care about who they wish, but they must remember this when debating people who have the same outlook on another topic