Diablo Immortal - Blizzcon Announcement

Arzy

Honorary Master
Activision has so farked blizzard over....

techead

Honorary Master
The comments on reddit are too much to bear. Freakin hilarious.

Talking about the next Diablo game being on fax machine.

lol

copacetic

King of the Hippies
That’s a good point. Each time I play PoE I’m more and more impressed with it.

I haven’t played Diablo for a very long time now, since just after the Necro expansion pack which I refused to pay for.

Time to fire up Path Of Exile again, just need to find a clan/community to enjoy/play with. I really don’t like playing that kind of game alone
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/mybb-path-of-exile-intro-faq-chat-and-players.816670/

Feel free - It's very quiet at the moment though, as the league is winding down.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
It's going to be interesting to see what D3 players think of the game now, compared to the state it was in during D3's heyday, as many of the criticisms of the game I still see mentioned are long gone.
I gave my Battlenet account away to a Russian kid a month after the D3 launch. Couldn't play for the first week because the servers were stuffed.

Vowed never to buy anything from Bliz after that molestation.

techead

Honorary Master
Good God this is going from bad to worse... Diablo Immortal Cinematic on course to be the most disliked video in YouTube history... To make matters worse, comments are being deleted and dislikes are being changed to skew the results. Video on their channel being unlisted and relisted to reset likes/dislikes. Quite hectic.

571 thousand dislikes for their Cinematic trailer... :eek:

a.JPG

b.JPG

Arzy

Honorary Master
Yeah, Blizzard getting slaughtered on this one and their response isn't helping them.

The muted a bunch of streamers who posted response comments to the videos, they've since unmuted them again but the community is going ballistic.

Pitbull

Verboten
Blizzard is a bit retarded on this one. Just my 2c.

If they want to grow the Diablo franchise, make it an MMO. Not the team based version of D3, but a full on MMORPG. The world is craving for a new type of "WoW" and Diablo storyline could fit in well. I guess that will kill the WoW franchise though.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Oh man, it warms my heart to see consumers reacting like this. If you make bad games, you can expect a bad reaction.

Which marketing idiot thought that this would go down well with players? They should have done this with a new brand, no Diablo. I know they wanted to use Diablo's brand power to help this venture, but they may not have realized that they also risk the brand by doing so. If they now announce D4, people might be soured on it because of DI.

They should cancel it and announce that they misread the desires of their audience.

Also, did anyone see a clip of that guy asking whether this was an April Fool's joke? ha ha!

Cray

Honorary Master
WoW subscriptions are not what they used to be, tapping into a potentially massive mobile market seems like good business sense. If they can use that revenue to keep shareholders happy while they are making proper games then am all for it.

techead

Honorary Master
View attachment 575083
Feeling a bit sorry for Wyatt to be put on the spot there though...
Why? It's his job and what he gets paid for. You have to take the good with the bad when you are in that kind of job. Blizzard know exactly what they are doing, and I suspect they knew the response wasn't going to be great.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Blizzard is a bit retarded on this one. Just my 2c.

If they want to grow the Diablo franchise, make it an MMO. Not the team based version of D3, but a full on MMORPG. The world is craving for a new type of "WoW" and Diablo storyline could fit in well. I guess that will kill the WoW franchise though.
**** that entirely. There are more than enough MMOs in the world, and not nearly enough gritty ARPGs, a genre entirely created by the first two Diablo games.

That being said, I can't imagine a return to what Diablo ought to be, given how far they've sunk, so it's a moot point to me either way.

Cray

Honorary Master
Biggest problem here was the tease at something Diablo related and then revealing a mobile game. If they have released a two second title page confirming Diablo 4 or Diablo 2 remastered at the same time they could have headed off a lot of outrage.