Did Nicola Tesla discover God through science?

Dutchuncle777

Science and religion seldom agree. I have noted the ''energy asspect of God'' through reading my Bible. I have also read that God fills heaven and earth, explaining omnipresence. It says that He keeps the heavenly bodies in position.

Nicola Tesla discovered the energy fields holding universe in place. Prof Norberto Keppe wants to tap into that energy field as renewable resource.
Jesus felt energy leave him when a sick woman touched the hem of his garment.

We know that words have power, either destructive or creative.

My understanding of God is a well-meaning creative spirit (energy with intelligence) who spans whatever space exists, infinitely. Did Tesla discover God in terms of natural science, unwittingly proving His existence?

DJ...

Banned
Nicola Tesla discovered the energy fields holding universe in place.
Therefore god!

That's what you're saying.

So, er no. And he didn't discover the fundamental forces holding the universe together at all. CERN can be thanked for that...so far.

And that doesn't mean CERN found the Higgs Boson therefore GOD!

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
No. No he did not.

The bible clearly states god as a conscious presence that communicates, sometimes verbally with human beings. That impregnated a virgin, etc.

To suddenly turn around and cast all of this an 'an energy field holding the cosmos together' is disingenuous, weasel-like and cynical.

Your definition of god in the OP so changes the definition of 'god' that all arguments up until the current point are rendered moot and invalid.

I have family members who are religious and in the past they have asked me: "Is there no definition of god that you could see yourself accepting?"
My reply has always been: "There is, but that definition would so fundamentally alter the meaning that you'd no longer recognise this thing as 'god'." ...that is exactly what you have done here.

CoolBug

Expert Member
Science and religion seldom agree. I have noted the ''energy asspect of God'' through reading my Bible. I have also read that God fills heaven and earth, explaining omnipresence. It says that He keeps the heavenly bodies in position.

Nicola Tesla discovered the energy fields holding universe in place. Prof Norberto Keppe wants to tap into that energy field as renewable resource.

My understanding of God is a well-meaning creative spirit (energy with intelligence) who spans whatever space exists, infinitely. Did Tesla discover God in terms of natural science, unwittingly proving His existence?
Science is about natural, material things so to answer your question, no.

DJ...

Banned
No. No he did not.

The bible clearly states god as a conscious presence that communicates, sometimes verbally with human beings. That impregnated a virgin, etc.

To suddenly turn around and cast all of this an 'an energy field holding the cosmos together' is disingenuous, weasel-like and cynical.

Your definition of god in the OP so changes the definition of 'god' that all arguments up until the current point are rendered moot and invalid.

I have family members who are religious and in the past they have asked me: "Is there no definition of god that you could see yourself accepting?"
My reply has always been: "There is, but that definition would so fundamentally alter the meaning that you'd no longer recognise this thing as 'god'." ...that is exactly what you have done here.
:eek:

Great to have you back, Mike. Odd post to bring you out of the woodwork...

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

Have you read this post back to yourself? How does any of it make sense to you?

Sounds conspicuously like something Deepak Chopra would say, too. :erm:

Messugga

Honorary Master
How is this natural science at all? Philosophical Debate at the very least.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
I'ts not even a debate at this stage. I am at once angry and at the same time quite saddned to see someone dredging the depths for straws to grasp at in order that faith may be preserved.

@OP: please do not allow your brethren to convince you that this is 'Old Testament God' testing your faith. This is your education, your priveliged upbringing... your rational mind knocking at the door, let him in.

Tesla was a scientist, this is science. There awaits no plague of locusts should you choose to see it for what it is.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
He can't post there yet, I think.

SlinkyMike said:
There awaits no plague of locusts should you choose to see it for what it is.
/derp-mode on

You can't prove there isn't a plague of locusts waiting for him!

/derp-mode off

saor

Honorary Master
SNicola Tesla discovered the energy fields holding universe in place. Prof Norberto Keppe wants to tap into that energy field as renewable resource.
Where's the connection? That's like saying:

Someone discovered that fish reproduce, and Prof Whathisname wants to breed fish as a renewable food source.
Jesus multiplied fish for the masses.
Thus god.

Maybe a bad example, and maybe just as the OP, it shouldn't have left the station. But - such as it is, I hope you see the point. You're drawing parallels where there are none, and although that kind of stuff is good for books that sell with free crystal-healing workshop tickets, it doesn't further any real, meaningful discussion.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Someone discovered that fish reproduce, and Prof Whathisname wants to breed fish as a renewable food source.
Jesus multiplied fish for the masses.
Thus god.
Try:
Tesla discovered energy fields
I think God is a positive energy field
Thus Tesla discovered God.

Dutchuncle777

Faith is no Fantasy

Nicola Tesla was a GUY :)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

OK, the connection is He who holds the parts of the universe(s) in position. If that aspect of Him is measurable electrical/magnetic power, it won't deduct from Him being God, it just explains that **aspect** of Him.

Faith in itself is energy which, like the sine wave, can have either a positive or a negative swing.

As I am a dis-sect-ed reborn Christian, I asked Jesus to reveal Himself after I found inconsistencies with both nature and the Bible within my religious fraternity. Jesus created all by speaking - as He is God. I am interested in this at the level of physics as well as in the metaphysical sense. Faith is part of nature is part of creation which is science!

We have a gene causing us to want to connect with our Creator, that is biology with a spiritual purpose. That is scientific.

The smartest scientist, ever, is God. We cannot define Him but we can observe Him in various ways, possibly including natural science.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

OK, the connection is He who holds the parts of the universe(s) in position. If that aspect of Him is measurable electrical/magnetic power, it won't deduct from Him being God, it just explains that **aspect** of Him.

Faith in itself is energy which, like the sine wave, can have either a positive or a negative swing.

As I am a dis-sect-ed reborn Christian, I asked Jesus to reveal Himself after I found inconsistencies with both nature and the Bible within my religious fraternity. Jesus created all by speaking - as He is God. I am interested in this at the level of physics as well as in the metaphysical sense. Faith is part of nature is part of creation which is science!

We have a gene causing us to want to connect with our Creator, that is biology with a spiritual purpose. That is scientific.

The smartest scientist, ever, is God. We cannot define Him but we can observe Him in various ways, possibly including natural science.
I call trolling.

saor

Honorary Master

Faith is part of nature is part of creation which is science!
Faith in God is something you've chosen, not an inherent part of one's being. I don't experience it, and thus I have to conclude that your statement is false. What of those that don't express faith in God - how do those people fit into your view of what's natural?

Again - no such feelings here. Maybe I'm lacking the gene? Or maybe you've got it confused with curiosity.

Edit: Sorry for feeding the troll :).