Did Vodacom deceited clients in a cunning manner?

Frankc

Obviously I don't have the ability to investigate this but maybe Mybroadband or somebody else can investigate?

Vodacom 20gb day and 20gb night package for past year where data expire end of the next month.

When I checked my data usuage today, I noticed that the expiration date is now 1 month less and expire the same month.

That is not only breach of agreement / deal but also goes against ICASA's ruling or whatever that data should expire LATER and not earlier as that Vodacom now seems to implemented in a cunning and deceitful manner without even noticed clients.

It CAN perhaps just be an error with some accounts, but can other Vodacom users perhaps check on their online account whether the same happened to them or not as Vodacom didn't replied at all.

NOTE: CHECKED JUST NOW, ITS FIXED but maybe others can still check their accounts

Frankc

111.jpg222.jpg

The date format differ so I think it's perhaps just a system update/upgrade or something like that

T-Man

My bundle validity was also shortened by a month. This is via app.

DanielH

I see my 100gb top-up has been showing the same for a day or more. I always start the month with 200gb day and 200gb night dTa. Not fun if they are taking that away.

T-Man

To add insult Vodacom is now taking data off a bundle which was loaded later, with a later expiry date.
Their system is a mess, well actually they don't have a system.

PhireSide

Executive Member
I continually get 'you have no active data bundles' SMSes from VC each morning even though my data still shows that I have more than 300mb remaining of my currently loaded data bundle. And each and every time it gives me a mini heart attack because I think that my Wifi at home has gone off and my apps have started updating.

My contract VC number should be released by Thursday, after which I will be leaving their network for good.

Frankc

Do anyone know how to contact mybroadband to investigate a bit? (I am deaf so cannot phone)

Jola

Honorary Master
To add insult Vodacom is now taking data off a bundle which was loaded later, with a later expiry date.
Their system is a mess, well actually they don't have a system.
They have been doing this for a long time, completely unethical.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Yup, see mine also expires on Thursday instead of the end of August as it should.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Yea also doing some reading up and not finding any info on when they changed it or why, @jannievanzyl can you perhaps bring some enlightenment on the subject?

T-Man

Got a call back from Vodacom today. The lady confirmed that the App(and clearly website too) show the incorrect date. She suggested I check USSD *135*503# to get correct balanced.
I'm stuck as my router doesn't support USSD and I'm not going to put it into a phone every days.
Does anyone know a a similar balance enquiry via SMS

PhireSide

Executive Member
The plot thickens (although in my case refers to airtime and not data).

This morning I had R178.00 left of my monthly top-up, I made a 4 minute call to a landline number when the line just died. I tried dialling again and I received the voice prompt that I had less than R3.99 remaining. I did a balance check and saw that my airtime now shows as R0.04.

WTF Vodacom?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The was an issue. The app was down for a few days. Now, it does NOT break down the package between this month and next month anymore.
So yes there was a change but the total value appears to be correct.

Either way Vodacom, this new way is unacceptable because you are removing a facility that allows us to properly monitor our data usage.

Last edited:

Frankc

Somebody lie somewhere.

1) As in my post, the data period was reduced with 1 month
2) I send complaint and it's then fixed without ANY contact or whatever from their side
3) The same now happened again and the 2 months is now 1 month as per screenshot

Attachments