Did you go shopping today?

Did you go shopping today (choose 2 options)?

• Yes, had to grab a couple of items

Votes: 88 52.1%
  • No, I prefer to stay at home/office

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • You must be very dense to go shop today

Votes: 29 17.2%
  • I didn't go shopping, but don't think it is a problem

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I went shopping and was surprised the shelves are empty

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • No, I don't think it is worth the risk

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I went shopping, and don't care about the consequences

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedViking

Nord of the South
Poll

Today is the last day of stocking up or go for that one item you thought you desperately needed.

Did you go shopping today?

Last edited:

carnagelan

We did our normal monthly shopping on friday. Just went to buy beer and smokes today. Drove past our local shoprite and never seen it that busy. With pictures i see posted all over fb i am glad i did the shopping a week earlier. As we don't went to leave the house for 21 days.

RedViking

Nord of the South
We did our normal monthly shopping on friday. Just went to buy beer and smokes today. Drove past our local shoprite and never seen it that busy. With pictures i see posted all over fb i am glad i did the shopping a week earlier. As we don't went to leave the house for 21 days.
II went on Monday morning early. Town was basically empty. But just bought enough to last till next week.

McT

The Humble Scot!
What did strike me was the number of restaurants and shops that were closed. Of course, this does not include Dion Wired. It got me wondering if it was the slump in business or shuttering up for the Lockdown.

RedViking

Nord of the South
What did strike me was the number of restaurants and shops that were closed. Of course, this does not include Dion Wired. It got me wondering if it was the slump in business or shuttering up for the Lockdown.
Many of the restaurants probably might not even open up again?

I know a guy who just opened his own coffee shop about 3 months ago. Did exceptionally well, also went there to give barista training. This is going to hit them HARD.

• Sad
Reactions: McT

McT

The Humble Scot!
Many of the restaurants probably might not even open up again?

I know a guy who just opened his own coffee shop about 3 months ago. Did exceptionally well, also went there to give barista training. This is going to hit them HARD.
Far too many stories like this. It is going to take a monumental effort for many to get back into the black again.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Far too many stories like this. It is going to take a monumental effort for many to get back into the black again.
I just started my own business. But it is for international clients in the building industry, currently mostly New Zealand. Don't know yet what the effect is going to be. They also in a 4 week lockdown.

• Sad
Reactions: McT

RedViking

Nord of the South
I will walk to the shop tomorrow after work. Going today will be suicide.
Agree. Even yesterday or most of the days this week.

People don't realise the lockdown is not when COVID suddenly start its work. It already started a couple off weeks (months?) ago. Whether you one bread or a trolley full of Bovril. Makes no difference.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
i went 10 minutes ago as i live next door to a PnP and the place was mayem

i decided to buy 6l beer and 2 bottles of brandy just for the hell of it, the queue started right at the back of the shop :ROFL: It moved quickly, i was in and out in under 10 minutes.

Took a glimpse inside PnP and the shelves are almost empty, absolutely crazy !!!!!!!

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Agree. Even yesterday or most of the days this week.

People don't realise the lockdown is not when COVID suddenly start its work. It already started a couple off weeks (months?) ago.
Months ago. Hence the "19" (from 2019) in the generally accepted term COVID-19...