Did you go shopping today?

Did you go shopping today (choose 2 options)?

• Yes, had to grab a couple of items

Votes: 88 52.1%
  • No, I prefer to stay at home/office

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • You must be very dense to go shop today

Votes: 29 17.2%
  • I didn't go shopping, but don't think it is a problem

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I went shopping and was surprised the shelves are empty

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • No, I don't think it is worth the risk

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I went shopping, and don't care about the consequences

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisc

Executive Member
My kitchen contractor wants to come tomorrow. I told him its unwise but he insists. He says there will be no problem with roadblocks

I told him that is defeating the object of the lockdown and I won't let him in. Big long face and says I have let him down

RedViking

Nord of the South
i went 10 minutes ago as i live next door to a PnP and the place was mayem

i decided to buy 6l beer and 2 bottles of brandy just for the hell of it, the queue started right at the back of the shop :ROFL: It moved quickly, i was in and out in under 10 minutes.

Took a glimpse inside PnP and the shelves are almost empty, absolutely crazy !!!!!!!
To be honest I have no idea what condition the town is in outside my walls. Have been avoiding it for the last 3 weeks as far as possible. Think I got Corona from the Post Office or the Coffee shop at the Hospital.

RedViking

Nord of the South
My kitchen contractor wants to come tomorrow. I told him its unwise but he insists. He says there will be no problem with roadblocks

I told him that is defeating the object of the lockdown and I won't let him in. Big long face and says I have let him down
Some still don't get it. Or they are desperate cause they know they won't get paid.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Quick, before he leaves find out for us what the suggested bribe is for the SANDF.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Yep, a few odds and ends from Builders Warehouse, we stayed far away from food shops and are relatively well stocked.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master

screw him
he is an idiot
:)

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yep, a few odds and ends from Builders Warehouse, we stayed far away from food shops and are relatively well stocked.
Well technically any shop is high risk on contracting and spreading the virus. But as far as chaos goes, a grocery store is a death sentence.

gamer16

Honorary Master
No I still have to go, but there is just way too many people so I'm going to wait a bit

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Yes but I went past all the bigger grocery stores.

Went to a local cafe, absolute bliss, myself maybe 4 other patrons.

Bread, some TP, milk, chocolates and ice cream for the kids.

Back in the car first thing I did was rub 94% ethanol into my hands for around 20 seconds

maumau

Honorary Master
Received a message from Nedbank yesterday with a reminder that my bank card is expiring next month, meaning I would not be able to draw money from an ATM during lockdown.

Had to dash to Cresta and wait flippin 40 minutes in the queue :mad: :mad::mad::mad:

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
i went 10 minutes ago as i live next door to a PnP and the place was mayem

i decided to buy 6l beer and 2 bottles of brandy just for the hell of it, the queue started right at the back of the shop :ROFL: It moved quickly, i was in and out in under 10 minutes.

Took a glimpse inside PnP and the shelves are almost empty, absolutely crazy !!!!!!!
Essentials indeed....

RedViking

Nord of the South
Received a message from Nedbank yesterday with a reminder that my bank card is expiring next month, meaning I would not be able to draw money from an ATM during lockdown.

Had to dash to Cresta and wait flippin 40 minutes in the queue :mad: :mad::mad::mad:
Absa has Cash Send option which is cool. Nedbank not something similar?

Lupus

Honorary Master

Wait you're paranoid over shopping, but you still draw cash?

Radorn

Working from home, but had to go to the office to get a few things before the lockdown. Stopped at Spar to get bread and cheese on the way back. Was relatively quiet compared to other places I saw and heard of. In and out within 10 mins. Saw there was no eggs or chicken...