Did you go shopping today?

Did you go shopping today (choose 2 options)?

• Yes, had to grab a couple of items

Votes: 88 52.1%
  • No, I prefer to stay at home/office

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • You must be very dense to go shop today

Votes: 29 17.2%
  • I didn't go shopping, but don't think it is a problem

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I went shopping and was surprised the shelves are empty

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • No, I don't think it is worth the risk

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I went shopping, and don't care about the consequences

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wizardofid

Executive Member
Well I didn't go shopping no money, with the way sales commission has been setup, I only get money after the first and the 12th.I had food for about 10 days, planned and worked out a menu to stretch the food on hand for another 10 - 12 days.

So no money yet and won't get paid sooner either. Had a couple of bucks on hand and got things like, bread, cake flour and rice. The nice part is I can cook pretty well so planned a menu to ration what I have on hand.

For example breyani, which I can make with 4-5 cups rice, onion, curry, tomato 4 frozen chicken pieces, and potatoes. Which will be good for at least 4 days.

Pancakes maybe only once or twice
Spanish omelet 3rd or so day
Chicken soup for 2 days
Baked chicken mayo roll
Fish and chips
Meatballs
curry and rice
Mash and fried chicken, Coleslaw
Home made pasta and sauce
gnocchi and sauce
Frozen pizza dough
Couple of packets of soya mince
2 minute noodles
chicken chow mein with home made egg noodles
Home made ravioli, chicken or beef

Stocked up on coffee creamer so I can use the long life milk I have for sauces, rather. Do have to ration coffee a bit and have tea more often.

If really in need I can order some supplies from Marko if they do home delivery still.

Definitely a bit shyte being out in a rural area with no ATM, and shops, and having to wait for payday. So bit shitty for me the next few weeks but I think I will make it out a few KGS lighter, but we won't go hungry at least.

Last edited:

kolaval

Expert Member
Yes, because I heard they're closing liquor shops.
Only got Hansa though, Castle is piss and Windhoek etc all long gone...

R13...

Honorary Master
Looks like we'll see a spike in cases over the last several days due to all the panic buying. All it's done is send people off to crowd at malls, shops, public transport hubs, etc. I've tried explaining to several relatives that they must just wait until after the pay day mania subsides and stroll off to the neighbourhood shop and get supplies they need for the day or week.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Well I didn't go shopping no money, with the way sales commission has been setup, I only get money after the first and the 12th.I had food for about 10 days, planned and worked out a menu to stretch the food on hand for another 10 - 12 days.

So no money yet and won't get paid sooner either. Had a couple of bucks on hand and got things like, bread, cake flour and rice. The nice part is I can cook pretty well so planned a menu to ration what I have on hand.

For example breyani, which I can make with 4-5 cups rice, onion, curry, tomato 4 frozen chicken pieces, and potatoes. Which will be good for at least 4 days.

Pancakes maybe only once or twice
Spanish omelet 3rd or so day
Chicken soup for 2 days
Baked chicken mayo roll
Fish and chips
Meatballs
curry and rice
Mash and fried chicken, Coleslaw
Home made pasta and sauce
gnocchi and sauce
Frozen pizza dough
Couple of packets of soya mince
2 minute noodles
chicken chow mein with home made egg noodles
Home made ravioli, chicken or beef

Stocked up on coffee creamer so I can use the long life milk I have for sauces, rather. Do have to ration coffee a bit and have tea more often.

If really in need I can order some supplies from Marko if they do home delivery still.

Definitely a bit shyte being out in a rural area with no ATM, and shops, and having to wait for payday. So bit shitting for me the next few weeks but I think I will make it out a few KGS lighter, but we won't go hungry at least.
I should have let you prepare my meals for me. Honestly I can't think past today. Probably the most unprepared of the lot here.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I had go for a last minute meeting at the office. Felt like a Monster and some crisps on the way home and pulled in to Spar. Thought I'd grab a 2lt milk and Pepsi while I was there.

South Africans are braindead. Clearing out the whole shop and I'm just standing there with 4 items.

gboy

Expert Member
There where a lot of shops closed, like a spur I saw. Also people think godzilla is arriving at 12 tonight