Did you go shopping today?

Did you go shopping today (choose 2 options)?

• Yes, had to grab a couple of items

Votes: 88 52.1%
  • No, I prefer to stay at home/office

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • You must be very dense to go shop today

Votes: 29 17.2%
  • I didn't go shopping, but don't think it is a problem

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I went shopping and was surprised the shelves are empty

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • No, I don't think it is worth the risk

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I went shopping, and don't care about the consequences

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alan

Honorary Master
I had go for a last minute meeting at the office. Felt like a Monster and some crisps on the way home and pulled in to Spar. Thought I'd grab a 2lt milk and Pepsi while I was there.

South Africans are braindead. Clearing out the whole shop and I'm just standing there with 4 items.
risked the bug for a Monster and some crisps

Last edited:

AnimateX

People shopping like it's going to be World War III. No flour on the shelves at all where I was today.

ab-user

Drove to Jhb to pick up at book at EB that arrived as scheduled on Wednesday. Thought WTH, and had a burger at a burger joint on the way back home in a small town outside GP

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
i can see next week all the lorries are going to pull into all the supermarkets and all the shelves are going to be filled.

Staff are going to sit around playing cards or picking their noses

not a single customer as every household has enough food for 4 weeks, booze for 8 weeks and toilet paper for 2yrs

Image result for tumbleweed gif

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
I went looking for some dhania for a recipe I wanted to try. Didn't get any but grabbed 2 x 2 litres of fresh milk.

Shop was quiet. Was in and out in minutes and that included paying a Telkom account

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Then this will do "No, I prefer to stay at home/office"
you like pulling a mybbjournalist on me?

Not quite the same but ok.

I've already stocked what I could afford before today and yesterday. The only extras I went to pickup was from family doctor seeing those items are sold out and I don't want to that person being pulled over by that prick looking for an excuse.

Driving past any shop to there and back, they were all packed. In fact, the traffic was also kak.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Just buying food for the weekend since Mom will be coming to my place for the lockdown.
I'll buy when stocks run low.

xcaliber

Expert Member
Bought some meat today from a butchery near work since I wont be able to travel there while in lock down.

Francois Marais

Wanted to go and get a prescription at the local dischem. Saw the parking area and decided that it is not worth the risk and will take the backpain for a few days (I am a high risk person due to cancer) so might be very sarcastic and snippy for the term of the lockdown. I thought I had enough pills for the pain, but want to cut down on my opioid use, and use an alternative med. will try to visit a pharmacy if I go to the hospital to get my port flushed.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
I knew that today was going to be crazy, so I just resigned myself to tinned food until Friday (didn't get enough fresh on Tuesday). What I forgot was that the roads would be crazy!? I had to drive past several supermarkets and liquor stores (normally convenient to live close by), and cars were everywhere. Fortunately didn't go anywhere near Kenilworth Center or Access Park...