Did you play CSS ZA_de_dahshur3_pro in 2004?

HitmanV

Well i sure did spend a bazillion hours playing that.
I decided to relive some old memories and host a server in south africa.
So if you want to relive your old memories of this game.
Come check - join us. https://discord.gg/gX4hNyff

Ill be rotating maps between dahshur3_pro deagle_ultra scouts&knives and $3000$

RunningFromFat

Expert Member
My most favourite map in the world.

Attachments

• Rampage.jpg
    Rampage.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Untitled (2).png
    Untitled (2).png
    238.6 KB · Views: 35

FrankyF

Expert Member
Anyone remember when CS was still a mod for Half Life and the 4 Mweb CS beta servers we had in ~1999-2000, before CS1.0 was released as a commercial product?

We checked our stats on Hacksaw the morning after every previous night's play, good times.

56k dialup was enough to play good quality CS

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
Anyone remember when CS was still a mod for Half Life and the 4 Mweb CS beta servers we had in ~1999-2000, before CS1.0 was released as a commercial product?

We checked our stats on Hacksaw the morning after every previous night's play, good times.

Yup and Half-Life death match. Those were good times chasing people around with crowbars.

r4nd0m

Was jamming quake2 DM on the gamezone servers back then.

There was this quake2 mod that was very similar to CS....can't remember the name.

Then I finally bought half-life around CS 1.3. SGS game servers. Those were the days.

StoneCold

Expert Member

I can actually host a CS 1.5 retail server, with the old vintage de_dahshur 3 too for good measure with some POD-bots which works still today.

Playing with 56K was painful but a blast too, I remember having a 230ms ping while playing with 56K :D

I miss the SGS days, was a blast!

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I used to play Quake in the local LAN scene, then I moved to play strategy, which was very limited. Many NFS players at that time. CoD4:MW launched, then CoD:MW2, where people pretty much despised me online. The days I was still godlike.

I stopped playing games between 2009-2013.

CS I was never into until around 2013. 1.5/1.6 was causally played on LAN, but nobody played Source. The moment CSGO launched I was all in until people went their own ways as always. I simply have no memories about the local CS scene. When people played CS I played DoD.

Now I am too old to care.

Athos

Ah man this has brought back some memories. I had completely forgotten about de_dahshur3_pro. I spent hours playing that map back in the day.

FrankyF

Expert Member
Was jamming quake2 DM on the gamezone servers back then.

There was this quake2 mod that was very similar to CS....can't remember the name.

Then I finally bought half-life around CS 1.3. SGS game servers. Those were the days.
Urban Terror?

HitmanV

Wildcat made this map.
Im pretty sure the CS:S version was made originally by Matthew Kerswill.