Did you vote in today's local government elections?

Did you vote in today's local government elections?

• Yes

Votes: 389 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 114 22.7%

• Total voters

PaulMurkin

Expert Member
What's the point? The entire country is already moer toe. All you are doing is voting for which clown you want in power. Make no mistake, they are all clowns.
That's what I've said all along, but ja, its the unpopular choice in this country.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
What's the point? The entire country is already moer toe. All you are doing is voting for which clown you want in power. Make no mistake, they are all clowns.
kak man. just one vote can win it.
however, just one coalition can overturn that

LiPO

Seems like a Monday is not the best day to have elections. It’s the first time in our history that elections were held on a Monday.
Was it a bad idea for the ruling party to have elections on a Monday? Seems like it was, it’s the ANC stronghold that abstained from the vote. Whether it be due to it being on a Monday or various other reasons. Seems like a Monday election is a huge no no.

mojoman

Expert Member
Seems like a Monday is not the best day to have elections. It’s the first time in our history that elections were held on a Monday.
Was it a bad idea for the ruling party to have elections on a Monday? Seems like it was, it’s the ANC stronghold that abstained from the vote. Whether it be due to it being on a Monday or various other reasons. Seems like a Monday election is a huge no no.
Babelaas Monday...
Its a no go.....:laugh:

Veneficus

What I find interesting is how some in the ANC want to now lay all the blame on their current President about losing votes
Looking at the stats on their votes
2006 69%
2009 65.9%
2011 61.95%
2014 62.15%
2019 57.5%
2021 46.04%

Now yes the trend has increased but it was in general already on its way down with the Z administration

And he placed their primary aim on Corruption (being corrupt not stopping it)

Oh well may this voting trend continue and speed up

semaphore try a ANC one
Very useful at making the money you pay disappear :p

Edit: wait let us lay all the blame for everything wrong on the last guy to be in the place of leadership. Same thing is happening to Eskom de Ruiter
Only difference is he was not part of Eskom before he became CEO. Ramaphosa was supposed to be second in charge

Last edited:

LiPO

What I find interesting is how some in the ANC want to now lay all the blame on their current President about losing votes
Looking at the stats on their votes
2006 69%
2009 65.9%
2011 61.95%
2014 62.15%
2019 57.5%
2021 46.04%

Now yes the trend has increased but it was in general already on its way down with the Z administration

And he placed their primary aim on Corruption (being corrupt not stopping it)

Oh well may this voting trend continue and speed up

semaphore try a ANC one
Very useful at making the money you pay disappear :p
Eskom, looting and low voter turn out are what hurt the ANC. A small amount of ANC voters did not vote.
It’s municipal elections so the presidency doesn’t change.
Squirrel role in these issues was minimal, some could say sabotage.
It still on him. I expect him to still win in the next election and ANC to move up to 50% again. But who knows.

Bobbin

Executive Member

My strategy is to vote out the democratic gatekeeper that is the ANC, which will then open the door to more clowns which will at least increase our odds of not getting a clown in future.

Looks like it is working somewhat.

Aghori

Honorary Master
My strategy is to vote out the democratic gatekeeper that is the ANC, which will then open the door to more clowns which will at least increase our odds of not getting a clown in future.

If the ANC loses, I expect civil war. Make sure you have arms before the next national election.

Veneficus

Agreed, great stuff!

I'd love to go out the same way I was born - screaming, naked and covered in blood.

View attachment 1182026
Problem with this is that you might go out that way
But so could your loved ones
Mother, Father, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands, daughters, sons and so forth
Always easy to say you are willing to go out that way
are you willing for those you care for to do the same?
And SA's murder and rape rate is already at a rate where most countries would consider themselves at war
In Iraq war from 2003 until 2020 America lost 4,586
Our murder rate is over 20,000 per year at the moment

Take us to full war and we will be hitting the millions very quickly

Aghori

Honorary Master
Problem with this is that you might go out that way
But so could your loved ones
Mother, Father, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands, daughters, sons and so forth
Always easy to say you are willing to go out that way
are you willing for those you care for to do the same?
And SA's murder and rape rate is already at a rate where most countries would consider themselves at war
In Iraq war from 2003 until 2020 America lost 4,586
Our murder rate is over 20,000 per year at the moment

Take us to full war and we will be hitting the millions very quickly

What loved ones? Lol love is a lie my friend.

"Love is something a woman does while a man ****s her"

innovator

My wife and I were scanned as we arrived went through to the waiting area stood 3 hours in the rain. Finally when we reached the voting point they tell my wife she has to go vote at another station. So I voted and we schlepped through to the other station. When we arrived I approached the supervisor explained what had happenned and asked if my wife my jump to the front of their three hour queue? He said no! So I went through the whole queue explained and asked for every persons permission for my wife to jump the queue everyone was agreeable and by the time I went back to where the supervisor was the people near the front had started chanting "let her in, let her in" Thank you guys much appreciated. The supervisor felt like a total "poepal" so backed down and let her in!

But the sad part is three couples I spoke to from our area and my inlaws from another area all experienced being split up for the first time? The other couples I spoke to did not bother waiting at the second station and so threw away their vote! Was this interference strategy . I think it was intentional voter tampering!

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
My wife and I were scanned as we arrived went through to the waiting area stood 3 hours in the rain. Finally when we reached the voting point they tell my wife she has to go vote at another station. So I voted and we schlepped through to the other station. When we arrived I approached the supervisor explained what had happenned and asked if my wife my jump to the front of their three hour queue? He said no! So I went through the whole queue explained and asked for every persons permission for my wife to jump the queue everyone was agreeable and by the time I went back to where the supervisor was the people near the front had started chanting "let her in, let her in" Thank you guys much appreciated. The supervisor felt like a total "poepal" so backed down and let her in!

But the sad part is three couples I spoke to from our area and my inlaws from another area all experienced being split up for the first time? The other couples I spoke to did not bother waiting at the second station and so threw away their vote! Was this interference strategy . I think it was intentional voter tampering!

how many people did you speak to roughly before you got to the front for the supervisor to see/hear? must have been well over 100?