Diesel in Cape Town- best prices?

Budza

Executive Member
I stay in Claremont and work in Durbanville, so anywhere between the two really.

Looking at keeping a running tab on prices in these parts- if such a thread exists already, I can't find it...

Where do you fill up, with what and how much does it cost?

Saving a few cents per litre, provided it's not too far out of my way would be great :)

Ry4n

I use Engen Ladies Mile in-between 9am to 7pm its 25c odd off per litre which equates to about R11.75c per litre.
I was at Shell Paradise rd. and on the Shell Mast outside it said 11.99 per litre for Diesel X which to me means diesel 50 or 500ppm assuming X is a wild card.
The till slip read R12.24 per litre is that even legal?

Budza

Executive Member
I use Engen Ladies Mile in-between 9am to 7pm its 25c odd off per litre which equates to about R11.75c per litre.
I was at Shell Paradise rd. and on the Shell Mast outside it said 11.99 per litre for Diesel X which to me means diesel 50 or 500ppm assuming X is a wild card.
The till slip read R12.24 per litre is that even legal?

I know the Ladies Mile station- those times are awkward though. I'll see if that applies on weekend, in which case I'll fill up when anywhere near there :)

Advertised 'Diesel X' at one price then another on your slip sounds dodge...

Did the pump have the same price as what was on the slip??

I'm new to diesel, so I'm not sure what Diesel X is (likely some BS Engen fuel, with special 'additives'). I'll keep an eye out for that, make sure I get the correct diesel at the correct price. Will also ensure advertising boards/signs at station match the price at the pump...

I've heard Engen are cheaper for diesel in the cape- will scout about and see if that's the case.

Ry4n

Budza - yes it did state 12.24 at the pump but I was already there an wasn’t prepared to leave as it wouldn’t be worth the time but that’s not the point - the point is false advertising to lure customers in with lower than expected pricing. As far as I know Shell don’t have Diesel X only 50 and 500ppm.
So I assumed both would be R11.99 which is around the normal price – wouldn’t you?

Budza

Executive Member
False advertising. I'd have assumed the same. Enough reason to avoid that particular station.

I just heard of these guys, who I might try sometime.

http://www.green-diesel.co.za B20 looks interesting- nice price!

Last edited:

RTC

Filled the car with 50ppm at the new Caltex fuel station on Saturday, cnr of De La rey & Ruben K road, Belhar.

Price; R12.87

The best 50ppm price I got thus far, before the fuel price hike. :)

Nabeal

Chepest diesel

hi

the cheapest diesel is at Orient motors in halt rd, elsies river opp Janjira at two oceans garage R11.55 for 50ppm...
thanks