Digital Covid-19 vaccine passport for South Africa launching "in just over a week"

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

JohnStarr

Executive Member
You can clearly see that this is not just about Covid anymore.......
You realise that there is already a vaccine passport. It's a yellow book you get that you show in a foreign country at arrivals.
This is just the digital version. Saves me having to dig that yellow book out to prove I have had yellow fever/typhoid vaccines for instance.

Temujin

Honorary Master
You realise that there is already a vaccine passport. It's a yellow book you get that you show in a foreign country at arrivals.
This is just the digital version. Saves me having to dig that yellow book out to prove I have had yellow fever/typhoid vaccines for instance.
When you're asked to show your yellow fever/typhoid certificate to enter pnp to buy a loaf of bread you can compare them

cyb3rt

The amount of anti-vaxxers would at least make queuing a thing of the past

I'll be honest, I didn't want to get the vaccine, but that's mostly just because of a horrific fear of needle's. Emigrating would be simplified by getting the jab, so that is what I did.

Sensorei

Executive Member
You realise that the government has no way of accessing the information that is in our yellow vaccination booklets. This digital version is the beginning of surrendering any privacy citizens have.

China has already taken this one step further and is implementing a 'social credit' system to penalise or reward citizens. You even get penalised for buying too many playstation games or wasteful spending. Penalties include limiting hotels you are allowed to stay in, barring you from 1st class train tickets...

Its crazy. But real, and could be coming soon to a dorpie near you. Just google China's social credit system...

JohnStarr

Executive Member
You realise that the government has no way of accessing the information that is in our yellow vaccination booklets. This digital version is the beginning of surrendering any privacy citizens have.

China has already taken this one step further and is implementing a 'social credit' system to penalise or reward citizens. You even get penalised for buying too many playstation games or wasteful spending. Penalties include limiting hotels you are allowed to stay in, barring you from 1st class train tickets...

Its crazy. But real, and could be coming soon to a dorpie near you. Just google China's social credit system...
There is obviously that, but when other countries move more and more towards a digital way of travel, how do you think it's going to work when you pitch up with your physical vaccination book or passport for instance?

Sensorei

Executive Member
There is obviously that, but when other countries move more and more towards a digital way of travel, how do you think it's going to work when you pitch up with your physical vaccination book or passport for instance?
Nobody here doesn't understand that.

But just be aware of the possibilities that may lie ahead if we all just comply with every idea politicians come up with about what's best for us.

Cube3

Expert Member
Don't know why they use covid as a reason to get everything onto a digital platform. I'm pretty sure people would have been much more interested in migrating to a digital way of life if it wasn't forced on them via a EMA vaccine for a pandemic, which redefined by WHO prior to the outbreak (weird hey), that has a 99.9% survival rate.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Nobody here doesn't understand that.

But just be aware of the possibilities that may lie ahead if we all just comply with every idea politicians come up with about what's best for us.
What exactly are you going to do if they enact that? go out and protest? Loot? No ways this happens unless they get voted out, or hold a referendum. And they're not getting voted out.

SoldierMan

Executive Member