Digital Covid-19 vaccine passport for South Africa launching "in just over a week"

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
See, that right there...."naturally immune".....that's the lack of rationality we're having to deal with there.

A vaccine IS natural immunity, but without the risk of having to first contract the live virus. Without a working immune system, a vaccine would be worthless.
naturally immune is the generally used and accepted term for someone who contracted the virus and gained immunity rather than from the vaccine

that's not a "lack of rationality", merely using the colloquial language o_O

LetsDance

Mark my words - the implanted microchip is coming. Along with advances in robotechnics that chip can supercharge your brain. It can also terminate you in old age peacefully, no more suffering. A nicer world for everyone.

Venator

Expert Member
why should abortion be a choice?
1. Having a child has a physical and ever-lasting effect on a woman's body, along with a real risk of death during pregnancy and the birthing process. She has no choice over those factors, and therefore ought to be given a choice about whether to remain pregnant.
2. It would be morally corrupt to force a woman to donate any part of her body to a 5-year-old (even her own).....attempting to make an exception for a fetus would be committing a "special pleading" fallacy.

there is no objectively correct choice, if something benefits only me and I choose not to do it, that's my problem and nobody
It doesn't only affect you.

of COURSE it is a special case, name me a single vaccine for another disease that has been pushed in this timeframe and in these numbers ... hint: you can't, it doesn't exist
And this means....what? This is evidence for...what?

It took Apple how long to create the first iPhone? And how long to create each subsequent model? Did they all take the same amount of time to develop?

Honestly man....you reeeeeaaally need to take the time and read some material on reasoning, what constitutes a fallacy, confirmation bias, etc. You're making some horrendous reasoning mistakes here.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
1. Having a child has a physical and ever-lasting effect on a woman's body, along with a real risk of death during pregnancy and the birthing process. She has no choice over those factors, and therefore ought to be given a choice about whether to remain pregnant.
taking a vaccine has an ever-lasting effect on your body, along with at least a 0.0017% chance of death extrapolating from VAERS data ... you see where this goes mr rational?

It doesn't only affect you.
yes it unequivocally does, in a world where we all get it and spread it equally, protection from severity benefits only me

And this means....what? This is evidence for...what?
you tell me, you're the one who implied it isn't a special case, I just made it clear that it is

Honestly man....you reeeeeaaally need to take the time and read some material on reasoning, what constitutes a fallacy, confirmation bias, etc. You're making some horrendous reasoning mistakes here.
... once you pray to the logical fallacy god you lose anyone's interest with actual reasoning skills, like a mental cheat sheet for the intellectually inadequate :ROFL:

Venator

Expert Member
taking a vaccine has an ever-lasting effect on your body, along with at least a 0.0017% chance of death extrapolating from VAERS data ... you see where this goes mr rational?

yes it unequivocally does, in a world where we all get it and spread it equally, protection from severity benefits only me

you tell me, you're the one who implied it isn't a special case, I just made it clear that it is

... once you pray to the logical fallacy god you lose anyone's interest with actual reasoning skills, like a mental cheat sheet for the intellectually inadequate :ROFL:

0.0017% from the vaccine vs. 2.06% from being infected with covid = 1200% more likely to die from "natural immunity".
Ineffective risk assessment goes hand in hand with inadequate reasoning skills.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
0.0017% from the vaccine vs. 2.06% from being infected with covid = 1200% more likely to die from "natural immunity".
Ineffective risk assessment goes hand in hand with inadequate reasoning skills.
now adjust for demographics and tell me again mandates are remotely necessary or even 'ok' ...

go on mr reasoning

oh and you made an error as expected

2% chance of dying from the virus
0.0017% chance of dying from the vaccine, but STILL due to 50% efficacy another 1% chance of dying from the virus, suddenly the gap closes dramatically

Venator

Expert Member
now adjust for demographics and tell me again mandates are remotely necessary or even 'ok' ...

go on mr reasoning

Mandates are required when people lack the ability to act responsibly on their own accord...much like the health and safety mandates which restaurants have to adhere to when preparing/serving food to people....or why vehicles ought to be screened for their road-worthiness.
You keep claiming that your vaccination status has no effect on anyone else, but have not once provided evidence or even a reasonable argument as to why you are convinced that to be the case.

And no, I didn't make a mistake in my calculation. The calculation is based on the number of infections vs. the number of people who have thus far died. I cannot account for statistical data to which I don't have access to.

More importantly, the 0.0017% is the figure given AS A RESULT OF THE VACCINE.....if you have been vaccinated, then died of covid after being infected, you died of covid, not the vaccine. C'mon, you have to start doing better. Good grief.

tetrasect

Expert Member

go on mr reasoning

oh and you made an error as expected

2% chance of dying from the virus
0.0017% chance of dying from the vaccine, but STILL due to 50% efficacy another 1% chance of dying from the virus, suddenly the gap closes dramatically

Wow you suck at math

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Wow you suck at math
I can show you the actual math, can you disprove it? (actually no, use google, was posted here anyway)

oh wait no you can't, you'd rather swallow .... err, whatever it is that you swallow ... and pose weak one liners

do vaccines reduce risk of death from covid to 0%? no
do vaccines have no risk at all of killing you themselves? no

those two risks combined represent your chance of death with vaccine, not the one or the other

Venator

Expert Member
I can show you the actual math, can you disprove it? (actually no, use google, was posted here anyway)

oh wait no you can't, you'd rather swallow .... err, whatever it is that you swallow ... and pose weak one liners

those two risks combined represent your chance of death with vaccine, not the one or the other

Do seatbelts reduce your risk of dying in an accident to 0%?
How many people have died as a result of being trapped in a car whilst wearing a seatbelt?

Are those 2 factors combined enough reason to get rid of seatbelts? Are they enough to deduce that people should be given a choice whether or not to wear a seatbelt without being fined for not wearing? Should they be given the freedom to not force their children wear seatbelts?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
You keep claiming that your vaccination status has no effect on anyone else, but have not once provided evidence or even a reasonable argument as to why you are convinced that to be the case.
you missed the comment that viral loads are the same or you saw it and you need proof of it?

And no, I didn't make a mistake in my calculation. The calculation is based on the number of infections vs. the number of people who have thus far died. I cannot account for statistical data to which I don't have access to
and yet you are willing to force others to be vaccinated without such data?

More importantly, the 0.0017% is the figure given AS A RESULT OF THE VACCINE.....if you have been vaccinated, then died of covid after being infected, you died of covid, not the vaccine.
LMAO ... if you take the vaccine and die of covid anyway, you died of covid, but you died of covid DESPITE the vaccine and that risk remains

if you die because of the vaccine then you die BECAUSE of the vaccine

both risks apply to you after taking the vaccine and that combined risk is what you compare to your non-vaccinated risk, who has to to better here? ... non-vaxxed there is 0% risk of the vaccine killing you but 2% that the virus will

vaxxed the virus ±1% chance of killing you plus the 0.0017% of the vaccine itself, that is NOT a 1200% improvement

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
How many people have died as a result of being trapped in a car whilst wearing a seatbelt?

Are those 2 factors combined enough reason to get rid of seatbelts? Are they enough to deduce that people should be given a choice whether or not to wear a seatbelt without being fined for not wearing? Should they be given the freedom to not force their children wear seatbelts?
if 98% of car accidents were non-fatal nobody would wear seatbelts

next?

_Dog

mmm ... the seatbelt parable.
  • Can a seatbelt cause death by just engaging it?
  • Can a seatbelt cause permanent disability ie. Guillian Barre, etc. by just engaging it?
  • Do you need to buy a new seatbelt every 6 months?
  • Similar to a vaccine, the seatbelt might be the cause of death in any event.
  • Are the current seatbelts brand-new technology that is being used on humans for the first time?
  • Does seatbelts ‘break’ 68% of the time mid accident. (68% of UK Delta deaths were fully vaccinated in last 2 weeks 15 Aug to 29 Aug)
  • Does your seatbelt only work as long you are not involved in an accident? (Vaccine does not stop spread)

Stonemason

False.

The Israel study has not yet been peer reviewed. There are lot lot of different and conflicting messages coming out of Israel at the moment.

Get the vaccine in order to protect those around you.

tetrasect

Expert Member

Yes, please do show me the "actual" math so that I can disprove it.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Yes, please do show me the "actual" math so that I can disprove it.
see above and go search, the last idiot who asked for it merely ignored it once provided, not wasting my time like that again, the entire formula is on here

hell I even made the numbers on vaccine efficacy ridiculously high (as in 100%) to show how absurd it is to attribute lower death rates to it alone

tetrasect

Expert Member
mmm ... the seatbelt parable.
  • Can a seatbelt cause death by just engaging it?
  • Can a seatbelt cause permanent disability ie. Guillian Barre, etc. by just engaging it?
  • Do you need to buy a new seatbelt every 6 months?
  • Similar to a vaccine, the seatbelt might be the cause of death in any event.
  • Are the current seatbelts brand-new technology that is being used on humans for the first time?
  • Does seatbelts ‘break’ 68% of the time mid accident. (68% of UK Delta deaths were fully vaccinated in last 2 weeks 15 Aug to 29 Aug)
  • Does your seatbelt only work as long you are not involved in an accident? (Vaccine does not stop spread)

What a load of BS. What do you think the percentage is of people dying in car accidents that also wore seatbelts?