Digital Covid-19 vaccine passport for South Africa launching "in just over a week"

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I love the parallel being drawn between South Africa and communist countries when we have an ID book system introduced by the opposite of communists, the Nats.

And FYI, that's ID books that the people of UK for example also fight tooth and nail against by drawing parallels with communist countries :D

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I love the parallel being drawn between South Africa and communist countries when we have an ID book system introduced by the opposite of communists, the Nats.

And FYI, that's ID books that the people of UK for example also fight tooth and nail against drawing parallels with communist countries :D
Is it racist or communist to demand an ID in order to vote? Asking for a friend preparing for the US mid-terms.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
You're a real sore looser hey? Calling people names when you can't back up your ridiculous claims.
lmao, who's calling who names?

you might want to review your own posts and that of your co-culprits, come back when you are ready to retract (which you won't, you're just that predictable)

tetrasect

Expert Member
lmao, who's calling who names?

you might want to review your own posts and that of your co-culprits, come back when you are ready to retract (which you won't, you're just that predictable)

Yeah I call people idiots when they repeatedly say idiotic things, not when I fail to provide evidence that I have promised them.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I'll be honest, I didn't want to get the vaccine, but that's mostly just because of a horrific fear of needle's. Emigrating would be simplified by getting the jab, so that is what I did.
That needle is very tiny. Don't even feel it going in.

This is awesome. Anybody that doesn't have a valid medical confirmed reason not to get vaxxed should get jabbed. People are *dying* because of this mental illness the covidiots have. Covidiot = Murderer.
How are vaccines that show clear signs of rapidly losing any ability to block transmission going to solve that problem? Or is this just a stealth way for the real nuts to keep all the restrictions in place indefinitely?

It is unfortunate for those people who genuinely cannot get vaccinated, but it isn't looking like vaccines for this virus are going to be useful to protect them. For those who choose not to get vaccinated that it is entirely their choice and I see no basis for forcing it on them without at least having a vaccine that produces robust herd immunity and drastic long-term reductions in transmission.

And let's stop pretending no-one is being forced to get vaccinated. If people are threatened with losing their jobs, being barred from accessing venues and so on then that is force. It is entirely obvious that various countries are trying to pretend they're not mandatory while for all practical purposes making them so.

Hopefully the vaccine passport will help us work out the selfish social deviants from society. At least for a while.
Unfortunately there is no vaccine for the restriction loving zealots or vaccine fanatics salivating at the prospect of sticking it to those who aren't vaccinated.

But the more unvaccinated land up in hospital and the vaccinated far less so. I guess that doesn't matter because one may tthink someone else is paying for that, but in reality we all pay for it.
Maybe we should start banning sports that cause the most injuries too.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Exactly. The fact is, the vast majority (practically all) cars have seatbelts, and most people use them. We don't know what the current fatality rate would be if cars didn't have seatbelts.
We can do that estimate.

In much the same way that we don't know what the infection-rate and subsequent fatality-rate would be if we didn't have a health-care system, the wearing of masks and other current health protocols.
Well since people regularly claim that pretty close to all South Africans ignore the health protocols why not just use South Africa as a rough estimate?

noxibox

Honorary Master
It would be called murder to kill and rip a 5 year old's libs from their body....attempting to make an exception for a fetus would be committing a "special pleading" fallacy.
A foetus is clearly different.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have a question, this being announced last week Friday, I think, in just how much time over a week will this be ready?

The PoPI registration portal launch went into overtime for far too long, so I am curious.

Venator

Expert Member
Unfortunately there is no vaccine for the restriction loving zealots or vaccine fanatics salivating at the prospect of sticking it to those who aren't vaccinated.
It's not about enjoying restrictions....I think it's fairly safe to say that we're all gatvol with them now. But being gatvol isn't an argument against necessity.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I at least understand the need for restrictions.
I cannot, on any moral basis, value my comfort over the wellbeing of another person.
This isn't about pretentious virtue signalling either, but rather a very minor sacrifice so that someone else doesn't have to die, or suffer.

I also think back to last year when that video went around of a doctor, in tears, explaining how they have to take away respiratory equipment from older people and give it to younger people because they know the older person isn't going to survive it anyways.
That's a horrific choice to make.

This goes back to our dissection of Mirror Trading International too......we spent an enormous amount of time and energy into showing people how the top dogs were lying.
It helped some, but not all. It was all worth it for those that it did help.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
This is awesome. Anybody that doesn't have a valid medical confirmed reason not to get vaxxed should get jabbed. People are *dying* because of this mental illness the covidiots have. Covidiot = Murderer.

Hopefully the vaccine passport will help us work out the selfish social deviants from society. At least for a while.

Wow, check out this "stick anything in me I don't care" zombie.

You know that the government owns you now right? You have just given the government carte blanche over your body, ANY new vaccine or treatment that comes along, YOU'RE getting it whether you like it or not!

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
To paraphrase US Talk Show host Stephen Colbert: "Quarantinewhile... Back over in the United Kingdom..."

No vaccine passports: UK PM to set out winter COVID-19 plan​

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will set out on Tuesday his plans to manage the COVID-19 pandemic in the winter months, announcing a decision to scrap the introduction of vaccine passports and steps to end some emergency powers.

Johnson, under fire from some in his governing Conservative Party for raising taxes to fix a health and social care crisis, looks set to try to soothe those critics by ditching plans to introduce passports despite an increasing number of coronavirus cases.

Speaking to broadcasters, Health Minister Sajid Javid said he did not anticipate more lockdowns and that the vaccine passports would not be introduced in England, as the government depends instead on vaccines and testing to defend the public.

“Now that we’re entering autumn and winter … the prime minister this week will be setting out our plans to manage COVID over the coming few months and in that we will be making it clear that our vaccine programme is working,” Javid told Sky News.

He told the BBC he was not “anticipating any more lockdowns” but would not take the measure off the table, that the government would not go ahead with vaccine passports to allow people to attend mass events and he wanted to “get rid of” PCR tests for travellers as soon as possible.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
@Venator What's so funny? You lot are for a vaccine mandate, right? So should government decide that all FUTURE vaccines or treatments be mandatory, you WILL be forced to take it. You have said yes you are fine with that now, so essentially you have given government all rights to your body, end of story, no matter how much you laugh it's true.