Digital Covid-19 vaccine passport for South Africa launching "in just over a week"

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
If they going to implement a vaccine passport, then that should include people who have natural immunity. Why would you need to get vaccinated if you already have had the virus and have immunity. So then an immunity passport would work, and you'd need to do a rapid anti-body test to get one.
Better 5G reception, thats why

LCBXX

Honorary Master
If they going to implement a vaccine passport, then that should include people who have gained natural immunity. Why would you need to get vaccinated if you already have had the virus and have immunity. So then an immunity passport would work, and you'd need to do a rapid anti-body test to get one.
I'm sure somebody here will offer spin about how the vaccine is somehow significantly better than natural immunity gained from recovering from Covid, together with links to mainstream, sponsored, research to substantiate that which they don't understand themselves.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Again...what will you (generalisation, so not you specifically) do about it? As soon as I ask that question, people stop railing against the government and go very quiet. How do you propose we stop this?
Join cosatu and the like when they protest against it.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
I realise that. Take it up with government. Parliament is in CPT.

Again...what will you (generalisation, so not you specifically) do about it? As soon as I ask that question, people stop railing against the government and go very quiet. How do you propose we stop this?

I don't agree with banning people based on an app to prove they have had the vaccine, but then again the place concerned could simply point to the Right of Admission Reserved sign. This will identify people. Wonder how this relates to POPIA too!
Wake people up to the simple fact that it is discrimination , and anybody with any sense of integrity, decency and humanity should never stand for discrimination or discriminatory practices.
If someone is ok with covid passports to access anything within the borders of the country excluding travel, then they are obviously comfortable with discrimination and need a serious snot klap and a lesson in history.
Discrimination based on religion, race, politics and sexual orientation is illegal , see no reason whatsoever that health status requires any form of discriminatory measures.

Mirai

Executive Member
I'm sure somebody here will offer spin about how the vaccine is somehow significantly better than natural immunity gained from recovering from Covid, together with links to mainstream, sponsored, research to substantiate that which they don't understand themselves.
Having COVID after vaccination will also give you natural immunity.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Wake people up to the simple fact that it is discrimination , and anybody with any sense of integrity, decency and humanity should never stand for discrimination or discriminatory practices.
If someone is ok with covid passports to access anything within the borders of the country excluding travel, then they are obviously comfortable with discrimination and need a serious snot klap and a lesson in history.
Discrimination based on religion, race, politics and sexual orientation is illegal , see no reason whatsoever that health status requires any form of discriminatory measures.
I was specifically referring to the use of a digital passport to travel. For all else, then it's discrimination. But again, government just makes it legal like BBBBBBEEEEE is and you're stuffed (this form of discrimination is very much legal in this country as I am sure you know). If they have the numbers, then there's nothing the citizens can do. Especially if the opposition support it.

People comparing a vaccine passport to apartheid discrimination need to just stop already, and then think.

I'll give you all a hint to grease those gears: CHOICE

Also... You know that it's additive right? You can have natural exposure AND a vaccine...

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
I was specifically referring to the use of a digital passport to travel. For all else, then it's discrimination. But again, government just makes it legal like BBBBBBEEEEE is and you're stuffed (this form of discrimination is very much legal in this country as I am sure you know). If they have the numbers, then there's nothing the citizens can do. Especially if the opposition support it.
I hear you , yet even with BBBBEEE etc, nobody is actually precluded from gainfull employment or work.

With covid passports we are talking about the possibility of precluding people from certain aspects of society , that must never be allowed to happen again in this country (or any other) for that matter.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
People comparing a vaccine passport to apartheid discrimination need to just stop already, and then think.

I'll give you all a hint to grease those gears: CHOICE
amen! you can choose not to be allowed in a shop because you have black skin
just like you can choose not to be allowed in a shop because you were not vaccinated

it's all about choice

Nuke

I realise that. Take it up with government. Parliament is in CPT.

I don't agree with banning people based on an app to prove they have had the vaccine, but then again the place concerned could simply point to the Right of Admission Reserved sign. This will identify people. Wonder how this relates to POPIA too!

Do the same with it as with E-tolls. Though I have a feeling that we won't have to do anything, it will fall apart here in Africa. The government is way to incompetent and the people are to lawless. It wouldn't even surprise me if a large amount of people drives around without a licence in the next 5 years.

The may get some big players on board who loves a bit of virtue signaling, but not all the smaller player that is there to do business. For example, they may get PicknPay to play their game, but I'm sure the local tuck shop will explode with business in that case.

Johand

Expert Member
This is awesome. Anybody that doesn't have a valid medical confirmed reason not to get vaxxed should get jabbed. People are *dying* because of this mental illness the covidiots have. Covidiot = Murderer.

Hopefully the vaccine passport will help us work out the selfish social deviants from society. At least for a while.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I have no problem with a vaccine passport as long as its recognized.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Vaccine visas next. SA citizen, get in the back of the line. You have to face special clearance.
I got friends wanting to work abroad that are waiting for this system to get sorted out. Right now they are grounded until SA has some kinda recognized system.

Mirai

Executive Member
I think most countries haven't sorted such a system out. I suppose it's easier in the Schengen Area.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I hear you , yet even with BBBBEEE etc, nobody is actually precluded from gainfull employment or work.

With covid passports we are talking about the possibility of precluding people from certain aspects of society , that must never be allowed to happen again in this country (or any other) for that matter.
Technically, yes you are. When a job is advertised as BBBEE, I, as a white person, cannot apply.