Digital Covid-19 vaccine passport for South Africa launching "in just over a week"

neoprema

Executive Member
Awesome. I’m in Europe now and having the card is ok but a pain, will be so much better to just get scanned electronically or even display it ok my phone. We really need some kind of implant with all of this info and vaccines in it that can be scanned easily by various devices.

neoprema

Executive Member
You realise that there is already a vaccine passport. It's a yellow book you get that you show in a foreign country at arrivals.
This is just the digital version. Saves me having to dig that yellow book out to prove I have had yellow fever/typhoid vaccines for instance.
You can’t use this logic on people who have tunnel vision unfortunately…

Daveogg

Expert Member
Awesome. I’m in Europe now and having the card is ok but a pain, will be so much better to just get scanned electronically or even display it ok my phone. We really need some kind of implant with all of this info and vaccines in it that can be scanned easily by various devices.
Hey Neoprema, where are you travelling, was the card accepted on face value or did you have to jump through any more hoops. I am planning to go visit the last born in Germany next month, trying to get an idea of how painful its gonna be.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You realise that you have never needed that yellow book to keep your job, get healthcare, or enter a shopping mall or restaurant (which seems to be the direction that this is heading)? You might also appreciate that accessing the information on a piece of card cannot be digitally logged and tracked, and neither can the information it contains be arbitrarily changed or suspended.

You say that as if the companies who did the yellow book vaccines didn’t have digital systems in place to submit it to your digital medical aids etc.

Sure it’s probably not a 100% perfect data set, but it exists.

gimpex

Hey Neoprema, where are you travelling, was the card accepted on face value or did you have to jump through any more hoops. I am planning to go visit the last born in Germany next month, trying to get an idea of how painful its gonna be.

Border post was easy. Restaurants hit and miss , some accept some have to argue with to accept.

But all rules say they are valid only for 270 days after second injection so it’s almost a given that a 3rd jab is coming

Mirai

Expert Member
Have I said avoiding junk food and exercise are the only things you should be concerned about in life?

Have I said I'm hyperskeptical of vaccine safety?

How you made that up for me post is beyond me.

That's the logical inference.

You can be healthy, care about your fitness and still take the vaccine, because you care about your health.

Only way taking the vaccine means not caring about your health is if you suspect the vaccine is not safe enough.

However, if you are so careful about your health then as to dismiss expert opinion about the vaccine you should dismiss their advice about diet and exercise. Or you should worry about other things too. If you are so concerned that the vaccine has more risk than benefit to a healthy lad such as yourself, I hope you look beyond diet and execise and apply the hyper-vigilance to other things as well which are more likely to impact your health than the vaccine.

Anyhow say what you wish, everyone has a right to say what they wish.

crocopede

Expert Member
Yoh. A cert on a phone. Good lord how primitive. While the rest of the world conforms to biometric passports we still issue pictures on phones as proof of vaccination.

Well, granted there are a few other countries as primitive as us

1631389168800.png

neoprema

Executive Member
Hey
Hey. I’m in Southern Europe and at the queue when I arrived they said they need vaccine passport or proof of vaccination and you can go straight to passport control. If not you have to go to a cubicle to have your Covid-19 negative test result verified and possibly a rapid test done.
I showed them my South African vaccine one and he looked at it a bit and said ok go. And I went straight through.
Note that I did need the Covid test to board Qatar in ZA tho, they did not accept the vaccine proof. However Doha was happy with the vaccine card too. Seems OR Tambo is a bit behind

Daveogg

Expert Member
Hey

Hey. I’m in Southern Europe and at the queue when I arrived they said they need vaccine passport or proof of vaccination and you can go straight to passport control. If not you have to go to a cubicle to have your Covid-19 negative test result verified and possibly a rapid test done.
I showed them my South African vaccine one and he looked at it a bit and said ok go. And I went straight through.
Note that I did need the Covid test to board Qatar in ZA tho, they did not accept the vaccine proof. However Doha was happy with the vaccine card too. Seems OR Tambo is a bit behind
Thanks very helpful.
Gonna book today

CarltonBanks

You realise that there is already a vaccine passport. It's a yellow book you get that you show in a foreign country at arrivals.
This is just the digital version. Saves me having to dig that yellow book out to prove I have had yellow fever/typhoid vaccines for instance.

Many international flights have been missed because the passenger forgot the yellow book. Why didn’t they think of digitizing earlier?

BBSA

Honorary Master
That's the logical inference.

You can be healthy, care about your fitness and still take the vaccine, because you care about your health.

Only way taking the vaccine means not caring about your health is if you suspect the vaccine is not safe enough.

However, if you are so careful about your health then as to dismiss expert opinion about the vaccine you should dismiss their advice about diet and exercise. Or you should worry about other things too. If you are so concerned that the vaccine has more risk than benefit to a healthy lad such as yourself, I hope you look beyond diet and execise and apply the hyper-vigilance to other things as well which are more likely to impact your health than the vaccine.

Anyhow say what you wish, everyone has a right to say what they wish.
Yes you can say what you wish, but no one is going to take you seriously if you just make up stuff.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
You can’t choose to be black/white/other.

You can choose to be vaccinated.
excellent, so taking your argument further ...

IF there was an experimental medical procedure back in the 70's that could turn a black person into a white person and it was made freely available to anyone

THEN the pass laws and everything else during apartheid would be fine? a black person would have no right to expect equal treatment while keeping the skin they were born with?

:X3:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

IF there was an experimental medical procedure back in the 70's that could turn a black person into a white person and it was made freely available to anyone

THEN the pass laws and everything else during apartheid would be fine? a black person would have no right to expect equal treatment while keeping the skin they were born with?

You are really really stretching into a completely different straw man now.

BBSA

Honorary Master

It was possible
michael-jackson-pepsi-commercial-raw.jpg

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
You are really really stretching into a completely different straw man now.
lol, once backed into a corner praying to the logical fallacy god

hint: when I say "taking your argument further" and pose a hypothetical thought experiment, it is NOT a straw man, I didn't say you made an argument that you didn't make, I offered my own thought experiment that shows how absurd your argument is

if you could choose your race it would STILL be racism for someone to discriminate against you based on your race

the same goes for vaccines that offer a 50% improvement to mere 2% odds of dying and can't stop any infection spread