Dimension Data sells The Campus, unveils new security business

ThisGuy011

wow - i though this was like their pride and joy - a testament to their business and power

Neuk_

Expert Member
wow - i though this was like their pride and joy - a testament to their business and power
They never even managed to fully utilise it themselves as I believe was originally planned.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Seems like it, sale and leaseback to bolster their BBBEE. how generously equitable of them.
I'd love to hear what their executive team explains to the 'general' employees, I don't miss the CEO/CFO explaining the companies financials using a cake like they were conversing with 5 year olds.

Arzy

Honorary Master
I'd love to hear what their executive team explains to the 'general' employees, I don't miss the CEO/CFO explaining the companies financials using a cake like they were conversing with 5 year olds.
The sad thing is there isn't even an attempt to hide what they are doing, my speculation is they found the "correct" female group who was able to "convince" a financial institution to discount the leases.

DD gets a nice big cash injection which it can distribute to management and shareholders as well as kick up bonuses for the hell of it.

Profits reduce slightly going forward because they are now "leasing" the building.

Any surplus between what they are paying in terms of the lease and the bank's repayment gets gobbled up by management fees from the fund manager who coincidentally has common shareholders with DD.

The "correct" group gets a nominal payment from what's left and the promise that the campus is theirs on expiry of the 25 year leases with 3 options to renew.

DD is now level 2 in terms of BBBEE because they've upped their procurement by leasing a black-owned building.

So generously equitable.