Dimension Data taken to court over allegedly paying black former executive less than colleagues

eg2505

Honorary Master
DD has said they owe him nothing which is correct. That's like me finding out that for the last 5 years I'm not the most paid person at my company for my position
but play the race card, what can you lose?
you could get some headlines and some sympathy, or a sympathetic judge who will hear your case.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
12 years, only to discredit your own legacy with your employer, stakeholders and partners.

I wonder what actually triggered this, his shares alone makes him a incredibly rich individual.

requiem

Expert Member

skimread

Honorary Master
“In his 12-year tenure at Dimension Data MEA, he received (directly and indirectly) in excess of R500 million. This is significantly more than the amounts received by any other executives of Dimension Data MEA over that period.”
He earned half a billion rand and he wants another R430 million.

What is he going to do with all that money?

Lupus

Honorary Master
He earned half a billion rand and he wants another R430 million.

What is he going to do with all that money?
Leave this country? Who knows, I mean 500 million you'd think would be enough.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
but play the race card, what can you lose?
you could get some headlines and some sympathy, or a sympathetic judge who will hear your case.
The article is limited on the details, but from what I am getting from reading this alone his claim is made on the basis of conjecture.

Definitely playing the race card here.

I am also sure he knew at the time of his employment, especially in his position where his salary measured up with that of his colleagues.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Ha ha not in I.T.
Then you work for a small business, or you are just that, a undefined consultant which is a multitool who needs to be worth three times his/her salary for justification thereof. Your growth is attached to your worth, if your company have no growth for you then your salary won't grow either.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Then you work for a small business, or you are just that, a undefined consultant which is a multitool who needs to be worth three times his/her salary for justification thereof. Your growth is attached to your worth, if your company have no growth for you then your salary won't grow either.
Nope, get paid well enough. No need to grow