Dimension Data taken to court over allegedly paying black former executive less than colleagues

RonSwanson

Executive Member
I dont get it, every contract is negotiated individually, if you did a worse job at negotiation then someone else then that is your problem.
Trying to pull the race card to squeeze more money is just super lame and I hope DD wins this one on principal.

Besides, anyone who has worked at any mid to large size company in SA knows that when a director is described as an "entrepreneur" then it almost always just means they are a BEE figurehead to keep the numbers up without doing any real work.
This guy has absolutely no shame whatsoever.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
I dont feel how the figure paid to him is relevant without disclosure on how much the other execs were paid - to me that just appears to be a tactic to portray him as a money grabber.
Was he supposed to be the highest paid employee by virtue of being Chairman? if that was the case then it needs to be investigated why he is not.
There is no rule that anyone needs to be paid more or less than anyone else. Contracts are negotiated between parties and if you have signed you cannot come back later and cry because you are black. He is definitely a money grabber playing his race card.

Cray

Honorary Master
There is no rule that anyone needs to be paid more or less than anyone else. Contracts are negotiated between parties and if you have signed you cannot come back later and cry because you are black. He is definitely a money grabber playing his race card.
Especially at Exec level, I can sympathize if at perhaps A, B or C level if everyone doing a certain job gets X and one guy gets less but once you get into Exec and director levels jobs it's all about negotiation and tailored packages for each individual.

Last edited:

yebocan

Honorary Master
Especially at Exec level, I can sympathize if at perhaps A, B or C level if everyone doing a certain job gets X and one guy gets less but once you get into Exec and director levels jobs it''s all about negotiation and tailored packages for each individual.

when you derive your identity from a CTC - it's a fragile construct to maintain .... anything less than and old ego goes bat crazy --goes for all external things, that you derive your value from -- I will say it again and again... it is all about what is happening within,...sort/balance yourself out on the fundamental level...and the rest just becomes noise/ holds no power over you ..like it should be.

Matt91

Expert Member
10 mil for hurt feelys? Jesus, SNL is wasting its money paying people to come up with comedy sketches and jokes. Read the SA news section and you have comedy gold material for the next 5 years.