Direct Marketing Association takes on BulkSMS CEO

Albereth

Honorary Master
I just question why some industries believe that they have a right to exist. Surely that is a subjective opinion and not fact?

McT

The Humble Scot!
So in summary?
Exactly what I was looking for :wtf:

I am certainly not going to read about an arbitrary spat between these 2 juveniles throwing sloppy poop across the 'Great Divide' at each other (actually reminds of a certain book published by Albert Uderzo :D). My determination not to read their vents against one another is heightened by my detestation of the direct marketing in general. If you call or email or text me your drivel, my instinctive and immediate response is indignation of the highest order.

McT

The Humble Scot!
I just question why some industries believe that they have a right to exist. Surely that is a subjective opinion and not fact?
Their existence is an immense annoyance!

I should never have to opt out. Unless I opt in, bug off ;)

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
Exactly what I was looking for :wtf:

I am certainly not going to read about an arbitrary spat between these 2 juveniles throwing sloppy poop across the 'Great Divide' at each other (actually reminds of a certain book published by Albert Uderzo :D). My determination not to read their vents against one another is heightened by my detestation of the direct marketing in general. If you call or email or text me your drivel, my instinctive and immediate response is indignation of the highest order.
if you feel strongly about it then you really should read the exchange, which is neither arbitrary or juvenile but directly relevant to how much drivel you get and pay to get in your inboxes

Beri

Expert Member
There is a better way. Keep these feccers on the line for as long as possible when you have the time. let them explain everything twice. let them pay and at least put them on hold for at least 4 times.
Nashua i hope you read this.........

boerseun

The "Do Not Contact List" is a bloody joke. I tried to register, only to find that I was already registered. Then I tried to query my registration, only to find that I am not registered!! The people that designed that site needs to be shot. I think they are called computer facilities. I looked at their own ebsite, and then I realized why the Do not contact list is not working.

MoHaG

The email address that I only gave to dma-facilities (for the DMC) are getting spam. now.... (I also listed my most common address) Their database seem to have leaked some time...

(Other addresses getting spam, include the one used for absa... Which also gets phishing messages pretending to be from ABSA)

homeless

"The DMA did e-mail an encrypted and password protected database to the members and we have subsequently
changed the process to a more secure online enquiry system."

I certainly wouldn't trust this bunch with my details.

unrealchris

Just a short note, if you go to their website the opt-in option seems to be working, but when I wanted to access the opt-out option http://www.facilities.co.za/dcm
, it gives a "page can not be found" error. So it seems thats its easy to opt-in but not to opt-out...