Disappearing airtime is back - Check your balance

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Disappearing airtime is back - Check your balance

An MTN customer contacted MyBroadband after noticing that his airtime balance was slowly decreasing despite having an active data bundle.

The customer had an MTN prepaid SIM and used Afrihost's APN for mobile data, meaning he purchased data bundles from Air Mobile (previously Afrihost Mobile) while still buying voice and SMS bundles from MTN.

Stevewarren

To add to that, I've lost many GBs when downloading after midnight and it depleting my anytime data instead of my night data.

samrai.jck

Expert Member
To add to that, I've lost many GBs when downloading after midnight and it depleting my anytime data instead of my night data.
I phoned them, tweeted them and raised many issues with them. Its been a month exactly since first contact and my query is still open.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Two of my mates on EmptyN lost a lot of data just before Xmas ... , do it goes, on and on ...

sand_man

Honorary Master
Had issues last year over September, October, November. Complaining to MTN is an exercise in futility! They simply refuse any accountability or responsibility..

karnuffel

Expert Member
<sarcasm> well they have to get the money to fund the terrorists somewhere </sarcasm>

OT: I really miss comic sans :(

Sysifus

This is not disappearing airtime. It is theft. If I buy something and someone takes it without my permission, that is called theft.
Someone should make a case against the company and let them answer in court.

Gazg

Always said this was happening with MTN. I too was a victim, for which I was re-embursed.
Not so great now hey Mr MTN.

Gazg

Had issues last year over September, October, November. Complaining to MTN is an exercise in futility! They simply refuse any accountability or responsibility..
Get the hell out.........they couldn't care less.

envo

Expert Member
Its easy. MTN needs money, takes R0.10 from a million prepaid users a day. EZ MONEY