Discovery allowing all under 35s to book for Covid-19 vaccine

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Check the Dischem site. I booked on that and got my vaccination details the next day. Discovery's followed 2 weeks later after having booked 4 weeks prior.
Many thanx, I've heard good things about the Dischem walk in
Maybe my neighbour here @Fulcrum29 and be the guinea pig to try it out our area, if it works with no queues then I will go for it

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Jinne, Im still waiting for government to send me my SMS to come get my jab, Im 49
They won't, government's system doesn't actually queue the message to be sent (at least experience from friends, or message shows up way too late/after booking slot has come and gone).
Just show up on the day you booked for, you shouldn't be able to book on a day if slot is already taken.
Any source for this? Did ask when I got my jab but was told it's "just not advisable to drink within 72hrs" nothing else.
It's a dig at Smurf's drinking, he drinks too much.
72 hours is advisable as enough people get ill after and alcohol weakens immune system if drink too much (so feel free to have a beer, but not the case).

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Logged in now into Discovery's connected care... and
Check the Dischem site. I booked on that and got my vaccination details the next day. Discovery's followed 2 weeks later after having booked 4 weeks prior.

There is no Dischem remotely close to me providing vaccinations. However, in a pissed attempt at reading the article and revisiting Discovery's Connected Care I am able to be selected as a user to be vaccinated. The last time I logged in, only one user was available to be selected, which wasn't even I on my own login particulars. So I guess I can book now...

stefanl33t

I still can't register on the Health.gov site, same error stating "Please note registrations for vaccination is only open to 35 years and older". Anyone under 35 experiencing the same?

Koosie

I still can't register on the Health.gov site, same error stating "Please note registrations for vaccination is only open to 35 years and older". Anyone under 35 experiencing the same?
Yes, thats only opening 01/09/2021, you can however do the booking on discovery's site so long.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Lol, the nearest vaccination centre on Discovery's portal is at Virgin Active N1 city... Why can't we make local bookings? Vergelegen Medic-Clinic is a Discovery vaccination site, but it is not available. This is nonsense.

See, more dense areas are being catered to.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Many thanx, I've heard good things about the Dischem walk in
Maybe my neighbour here @Fulcrum29 and be the guinea pig to try it out our area, if it works with no queues then I will go for it

Somerset Mall Dischem doesn't take bookings. There is a pharmacy in Gordon's Bay and another one in Somerset West's CBD which allowed walk-ins, but no voucher, no vaccine.

To be vaccinated, I need to make a 60 km round-trip. I know about a centre which allowed walk-ins, but then ran empty on their appointments... though I see it is not a site you can book at.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Any source for this? Did ask when I got my jab but was told it's "just not advisable to drink within 72hrs" nothing else.
No, I once read that the Russians suggested that, because you need your imune system in good shape for the first few days or some such. But that's just a few days.
Me, I'm just ****ing with @Pineapple Smurf with my suggested 2 months :ROFL:, knowing that he is usually drenched in alcohol.

Pineapple Smurf

Somerset Mall Dischem doesn't take bookings. There is a Pharmacy in Gordon's Bay and another one in Somerset CBD which allowed walk-ins, but no voucher, no vaccine.

To be vaccinated, I need to make a 60 km round-trip. I know about a centre which allowed walk-ins, but then ran empty on their appointments... though I see it is not a site you can book at.
Ive got 2 female friends in early 40s that did a walk in at Dischem in Mall about a month ago and they said it was quick quick no problems.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Ive got 2 female friends in early 40s that did a walk in at Dischem in Mall about a month ago and they said it was quick quick no problems.

Yet I am shown away, no voucher.

The only other two centres I know about here are the state-run centres, Helderberg Hospital (old HH), and Gustrouw Clinic in Rusthof.

Pineapple Smurf

Im just going through my whatsapp messages and the 1 chick did hers on 15th July, same day as when we >35yr olds could register.
She registered and went and did the walk in after 2pm.

Pineapple Smurf

Yet I am shown away, no voucher.

The only other two centres I know about here are the state-run centres, Helderberg Hospital (old HH), and Gustrouw Clinic in Rusthof.
She said there is also Charles Morkell
But i cant confirm that myself