Discovery allowing all under 35s to book for Covid-19 vaccine

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
If you're registered then you have a voucher. Book on Dischem and it pulls your voucher through by itself.

I have tried that, twice, I get an error prompt. I went as far as to contact the Department of Health, and they simply said I had to wait for my SMS.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Improve vaccines. Get them officially approved. Then we talk again.
They are officially approved, you're talking about it being emergency authorized.
You'll only have to wait a few weeks still, set to be approved early September.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
If am flexible on Monday I will get in touch with the state run centres in my area, but the last time I checked it was by SMS appointment only or if you have a voucher. People here with medical aid, are from what I know, all booked at Vergelegen Mediclinic, I know the centre did allow walk-ins...

Anyway, if I don't come right, without a voucher, then I will continue to press on Dischem... If not, I will wait until I receive the voucher SMS, or until the day Discovery finally decides to open a centre where I can book at in my area.

Odd, how I am struggling to get vaccinated, and yes, I can now book by appointment with Discovery in Cape Town, but the nearest centre is simply too far away for my schedule, when people are being lambasted for not registering... There are people my age, from my area, who have booked far after I did who already had their SMS appointments, so the queue thing is nonsense.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So I just tried the Dischem vaccination website, again, got a voucher code, but is obviously not in SMS form, so I don't know how usable it will be at the centres in my own area as everyone insists on the SMS. The nearest Dischem vaccination site, for bookings, in my area is in Parow, really? I am going to pester the nurses at Somerset Mall on Monday morning...

From my view, the vaccine, for the purpose of being registered and booked, is simply not close enough or within reach for everyone, and from conversations I had with people, different standards on different days. I guess access to the vaccine is still limited in South Africa, hence certain areas, more dense populated, receive preferential treatment. It is an accessibility issue.

Some areas are per SMS appointment only, where others allow the flow of people. This is what I am observing at this time.

harties

Anyone got jabbed at N1 City VA? or would CTICC be the better option?

EMAM

Honorary Master
That is like asking of us to leave The Shire. Helderberg may be part of the City of Cape Town, but is for all manner of speaking remote from its innards.
No man, I was telling that Pineapple thingie....he works in Paarden Eiland so it's not that hard to pop in there before or after or during work.
I just think he's an anti vaxxer and will rely on prayer

EMAM

Honorary Master
Anyone got jabbed at N1 City VA? or would CTICC be the better option?
I originally had an appointment at N1 city. Got there to a 3 hour queue,left.
Waited a week for the hype to calm down, went to CTICC at 9am one morning...walked out of there at 9:30.
Definitely going back there for my 2nd shot

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
No man, I was telling that Pineapple thingie....he works in Paarden Eiland so it's not that hard to pop in there before or after or during work.

Got you.

If I worked in the proximity of one of those vaccinations centres, I would get vaccinated within a heartbeat.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Work has already informed us we need to fill in a sick leave form for the days we go get the jab and we are not allowed on work premises that day.
I guess they dont want people falling over from whatever side effect there may be and now they must phone an ambulance etc

EMAM

Honorary Master
Work has already informed us we need to fill in a sick leave form for the days we go get the jab and we are not allowed on work premises that day.
I guess they dont want people falling over from whatever side effect there may be and now they must phone an ambulance etc
Pussy confirmed

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
I'll wait for them to SMS me
In the meantime I am self sanitising with 3 quarts a day
I am dissapointed, you of all people should know that there is only 1 government sms:

"Please remember to pay your tv licence Mr <insert_some_name_you never_heard_before>, your account has been handed over to debt collection."

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Ive got 2 female friends in early 40s that did a walk in at Dischem in Mall about a month ago and they said it was quick quick no problems.
You cant walk in there without the sms, go to the SWEST town hall for a walk in. You will only get an tv license sms with no vac booking.

SWEST town hall take walk ins Mon-Friday mornings only.