Discovery Bank [2018]

Charlesjjm

And just like that, my miles account has disappeared from the banking app. Also not able to load VAR on the main app.

James 77

And just like that, my miles account has disappeared from the banking app. Also not able to load VAR on the main app.
Well that’s strange. In the meantime I’ve received a mail from Discovery stating the dates on which they paid out my miles instead of advising when they will pay the remainder.
my healthy food tracker also says 75 items for August but when I counted it (which is in the baskets) the amount was 114 items. Same applies for July.

twaatie

Well that’s strange. In the meantime I’ve received a mail from Discovery stating the dates on which they paid out my miles instead of advising when they will pay the remainder.
my healthy food tracker also says 75 items for August but when I counted it (which is in the baskets) the amount was 114 items. Same applies for July.
What I do is keep the receipts but I also add everything up to know more or less how much I should get back . Its crappy but for me it's the only way to make sure my cashback is not under paid

Charlesjjm

It got fixed after a few hours. I got a stupid generic reply to my query about the short payment of miles for the last 2 months, so I ended up phoning them. These people don't read emails, so if you want your query resolved you will have to phone them.

But, don't phone the bank number and follow the prompts to miles queries. Whoever answers won't be able to help you. Call bank rewards directly on 011 529 6829.

James 77

What I do is keep the receipts but I also add everything up to know more or less how much I should get back . Its crappy but for me it's the only way to make sure my cashback is not under paid
I agree it’s best. I keep a rough one on excel as well

James 77

It got fixed after a few hours. I got a stupid generic reply to my query about the short payment of miles for the last 2 months, so I ended up phoning them. These people don't read emails, so if you want your query resolved you will have to phone them.

But, don't phone the bank number and follow the prompts to miles queries. Whoever answers won't be able to help you. Call bank rewards directly on 011 529 6829.
I will definitely do that.

Aharon

Executive Member
Keeping receipts is the only way. Have received nil for August yet. Was told by the 15th. Was also told though they can't find any Healthycare purchases for August. Had to send receipts to prove my dischem spend.

James 77

Keeping receipts is the only way. Have received nil for August yet. Was told by the 15th. Was also told though they can't find any Healthycare purchases for August. Had to send receipts to prove my dischem spend.
They give is so many extra admin to do. According to my calculations they’ve short paid me by 8000 miles last month and 3000 this month. For some reason I got zero cashback from my secondary partner (pick and pay) even though I’ve spend R1200 on healthy food there as well

Micdew

Hi guys, currently with fnb, premier fusion client, lvl 5, getting about 800 - 1200 rand worth of ebucks a month. Nothing wrong with service but i feel like my ebucks is dropping and i have no other commitment with the bank. Those that moved over from fnb, was you service/kick backs roughly the sam/more?
Does it help to switch if you do not have medical aid or car insurance with discovery?
I see that you can get an iphone for free (depend on the effort you put in). Since this is another r600 per month saving, can you get this offer as you sign up?
Ps going to most likely go for the platinum bundle account.

Last edited:

citizensa

Hi guys, currently with fnb, premier fusion client, lvl 5, getting about 800 - 1200 rand worth of ebucks a month. Nothing wrong with service but i feel like my ebucks is dropping and i have no other commitment with the bank. Those that moved over from fnb, was you service/kick backs roughly the sam/more?
Does it help to switch if you do not have medical aid or car insurance with discovery?
I see that you can get an iphone for free (depend on the effort you put in). Since this is another r600 per month saving, can you get this offer as you sign up?
Ps going to most likely go for the platinum bundle account.

Getting cash back from Discovery is more Difficult than you think since it’s linked to how you utilize their Ecosystem. Discovery want to tie you to all their products if you want to get some benefit out of them.
Regarding iPhone benefit you won’t get any reasonable cash back unless you have all three including vitality health, vitality Money and Vitality Drive. So answer is think well before you commit

Micdew

Wow ok so going through all the detail is not easy, trying to find what you looking for is almost impossible.
So what I have figured out is that you dont really have to be a medical aid member as you just need to sign up for Vitality Active and not Vitality Health (confusing).
However in Vitality Active they talk about points and goals, I found the points system (i think) however I cannot find anything about goals. Is this something that the system thumb sucks weekly/monthly for everyone?

James 77

Wow ok so going through all the detail is not easy, trying to find what you looking for is almost impossible.
So what I have figured out is that you dont really have to be a medical aid member as you just need to sign up for Vitality Active and not Vitality Health (confusing).
However in Vitality Active they talk about points and goals, I found the points system (i think) however I cannot find anything about goals. Is this something that the system thumb sucks weekly/monthly for everyone?
Your goal is calculated according to your goal achievement streak. It starts out at 300 points needed for the week, up to a max of 900 points needed per week.

twaatie

Anyone else not able to see bank/cc account details once logged into the app ?

Sorted now I
Uninstalled the app , everything working fine now

Last edited:

wonduhboy

Has anyone got a link/doc to see how you improve your cash back?
The 'up to 75%' for healthy food etc...
It's almost impossible to really compare vs FNB/Ebucks because the info is so hard to find

Koosvanwyk

It's almost impossible to really compare vs FNB/Ebucks because the info is so hard to find
Discovery Vitality 2020 thread post 1884 will tell you at a high level what you need to get the max bank rewards, different criteria for differnt card colours.

The Vitality health part is simple, do your health check at Clicks/Dischem and do the online Vitality age assessment online

beefymoocow

Expert Member

You look at vitality criteria to get 50% cashback. Then you look at bank to get the 25%