Discovery Bank [2018]

simonbee

i have been trying to transfer some debit orders over to discovery. got the below response from one of them

"As we outsource our debit orders to a third party called MultiData, we are limited to the banks that they have registered on their system for debit order collections. They are not currently accepting Discovery Bank as a registered provider at this stage."

twr

Anyone know where to go to adjust the saving you have on the app?
I also would like to know, it seems they Only looking savings you have with discovery bank/invest. So I think if you deposit into their vitality savings account or open up one of their accounts?

twr

I’m a slow taker upper of ther discovery bank. Have got the gold option. Pay as you bank, until I’m comfy with this.
Can someone tell me how you get your healthy food up to 50%? Does that hang off being a higher reward level? Or is it money goals to do that?
Or have I missed something. Maybe I should have taken the plat or black card instead?
Well your lucky to be able to open up a transaction account,I've just got their credit card.

We're still awaiting for discovery to say exactly the ts and c's for the up to 50% cash back. But from what they have emailed me ,it's based upon your credit card spend (min R 4000 a month) your vitality money status and then if you have the 1+ account, but hey just my opinion.one day they should tell us

Money goals will give you points to move you Up their money status (silver to gold etc)

fruitbat

Expert Member
Well your lucky to be able to open up a transaction account,I've just got their credit card.

We're still awaiting for discovery to say exactly the ts and c's for the up to 50% cash back. But from what they have emailed me ,it's based upon your credit card spend (min R 4000 a month) your vitality money status and then if you have the 1+ account, but hey just my opinion.one day they should tell us

Money goals will give you points to move you Up their money status (silver to gold etc)
Ok cool. Then I’m going on focus on the status. Need to send them as little as possibly re my retirement contributions etc. Don’t want to send them too much ;-) I bet they will be calling me with offers soon

nullv

https://www.discovery.co.za/credit-card/migrating-to-discovery-bank#show6

Got the invite. I'm not going to join. The first turn off was the miles 1:20 instead of 1:15. i'm on diamond already and really don't relish going through hoops again. Vitality health was simple, basically exercise 3 times a week at 80% of your heartrate. Vitality Money seems convoluted and a bit of a maze to navigate. Might just close the CC after this if they try to force the issue.

Ejeckt

Ok so is it just me or is the info on how the rewards work hard to come by?

I currently get my 25% back on Healthy Food and Healthy Care with Vitality, and 20% Fuel Cashback with Insurance. Happy with that.

I'm not convinced this is going to be worth dropping FNB/eBucks for but I would like to get that up to 50% back on the above rewards - but can't find info on what hoops I need to jump through to get that. I'm on my second year of Gold Vitality status and the Discovery Miles benefit still doesn't beat out my PT rewards, but will on Diamond, so I was holding off on getting the Discovery CC till I become Diamond.

Also, I have no intention of moving my salary to Discovery. Only going to deposit the minimum I need and then probably EFT it right back out. Can't find any info though on how much I need to save, spend, etc, etc to get those rewards. Looked back a few pages in this thread but didn't really see any links to anything.

Can someone send a link or screen or something that might help?

TheJman

Expert Member
Got an email from Discovery Bank about miles that says

"You can no longer earn Miles once your Discovery Card account has been migrated to Discovery Bank. However, the balance that has been accumulated until the migration will be available to spend.

You can spend your Miles online (including kulula.com for Vitality flight bookings) or in store.

Please note that you will not be able to view your Miles balance on the Discovery website and Bank App. The Miles dashboard is still in progress."

So if anyone get's anything different, let's do a check then

Recallza

What happened to the people who work at Discovery that were active in this thread? Surely they can shed some light on Discovery Miles?

beefymoocow

Got an email from Discovery Bank about miles that says

"You can no longer earn Miles once your Discovery Card account has been migrated to Discovery Bank. However, the balance that has been accumulated until the migration will be available to spend.

You can spend your Miles online (including kulula.com for Vitality flight bookings) or in store.

Please note that you will not be able to view your Miles balance on the Discovery website and Bank App. The Miles dashboard is still in progress."

So if anyone get's anything different, let's do a check then
That’s what the consultant said but he also said you will earn a new type of miles in September.

twr

That’s what the consultant said but he also said you will earn a new type of miles in September.
Yeah I was told initially no new miles will be awarded once you have the new cc untill they have stated their new miles program from September. I cannot believe they still don't explain how to get the up to **% cash back.

I'm going to see that the new miles can offer me if not I'm going to FNB

Last edited:

binloud

Any ideas about the apple watch benefit, and which account you need ? Is it available yet?

Aharon

Executive Member
Do you have to take a credit card or can you just take a transactional account?

Jacada

https://www.discovery.co.za/credit-card/migrating-to-discovery-bank#show6

Got the invite. I'm not going to join. The first turn off was the miles 1:20 instead of 1:15. i'm on diamond already and really don't relish going through hoops again. Vitality health was simple, basically exercise 3 times a week at 80% of your heartrate. Vitality Money seems convoluted and a bit of a maze to navigate. Might just close the CC after this if they try to force the issue.
Also got my invite today. It can stay in my inbox for now. In fact I think it's time to shop around for something else all together.

Reactions: twr

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
You now have the choice of using any ATM and your fees (ranging from R0 to R5) are based on your banking product. You are also able to withdraw and deposit money at retailers that allow this, like Pick n Pay and Spar.

Anybody know fees to deposit at pick and pay and the limits?

Thyme bank is R3000 per deposit, hoping discovery has a bigger limit.

t_girl

If Discovery wants me to join their bank right away, no questions asked, they should support Apple Pay.
From what I've read, all the banks that support "tap and go" also support Apple Pay. Apple is the one that hasn't enabled it in SA.

travcaine

From what I've read, all the banks that support "tap and go" also support Apple Pay. Apple is the one that hasn't enabled it in SA.
Half true, the banks in SA need to also go into partnership with Apple and then it can get activated. I think Apple is asking too much fees for our banks to look at it.

Aharon

Executive Member
How does one see what your goals are - mine just seemed to show completing a retirement assessment. And now it says points to be awarded in 33 days?

twr

How does one see what your goals are - mine just seemed to show completing a retirement assessment. And now it says points to be awarded in 33 days?
I have two.also completed a retirement assessment,I'll get my points (I assume getting points works towards your money status) my other goal is to deposit R3500 into their savings account which I'm not interested in doing.
Eve. If I get to diamond money status I won't get much coach back(more than the 25 %) as my cc spend is too low. So what's the point??