Discovery Bank [2018]

Aharon

Executive Member
I bought a blood pressure monitor for around 1600. So I got 25% from vitality. And around 23% for vitality money.
Would be great if they've done an about turn and paying cash for dischem. Some communication would have been nice.

That though does mean I still haven't received my pnp spend back.

You say 23% from vitality money. Did you pay with your discovery card to get this?

splinter_watsup

I am on diamond. Last weeks goal took a while to show come through so because Discovery thought I had not hit my 20 points weekly reward I was dropped back to Gold! The points then came through and I was moved back to Diamon.

So not only do all your finances need to be in order, but you also have to spend enough money every week otherwise you move back down to gold.

citizensa

I am on diamond. Last weeks goal took a while to show come through so because Discovery thought I had not hit my 20 points weekly reward I was dropped back to Gold! The points then came through and I was moved back to Diamon.

So not only do all your finances need to be in order, but you also have to spend enough money every week otherwise you move back down to gold.
That’s crazy and not what they promised
Anyway are you Diamond with a Black card?

Sphinx21

Bizarre! Nowhere do they show any connection between status and the weekly goals. The app makes it seem as though only those metrics (savings, debt, retirement, etc.) count.

They really need to straighten out their information to us. This is leading to one frustration on top of the next.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member

Think there was a problem with the status last week. Everyone I know dropped down a level, including myself. Was rectified afterwards. Don't think it has anything to do with the money goals.

Charlesjjm

I received my Discovery Card statement yesterday (the old system) and for the first time they are paying interest on a credit balance.

ECHLN

Any Capetownians here? How long did it take for the card to get delivered?

Edit: Its coming next week Wednesday so a week

Last edited:

marco79

Expert Member
Any Capetownians here? How long did it take for the card to get delivered?
2 weeks, but only because they couldn't locate the farm I work on. Would've had it in a week if I had waited at home for delivery.

ECHLN

Cool. Thank you all. I guess I'll have to wait till next monday or so.

Recallza

Any reasoning why the points accumulated for the money reward carries over monthly?

James 77

Does anyone get more money back now than when you only had the discovery credit card ?

Micdew

So, Dynamic interest. They say you could qualify for up to 6% less on interest. What is the interest rate you were offered on your cc/overdraft and is it less than at other banks?

beefymoocow

Does anyone get more money back now than when you only had the discovery credit card ?
Not really. I used to get a lot of discovery miles. I’m hoping they will backdate the new miles. But will see next month hopefully

ies87

So, Dynamic interest. They say you could qualify for up to 6% less on interest. What is the interest rate you were offered on your cc/overdraft and is it less than at other banks?
Discovery offered me 15% 12.75 after the Dynamic boost. I get 15 at Nedbank and 12 at RMB so not a huge difference. All CCs though, an overdraft should be lower if I’m not mistaken.

Credit interest rate is 6.25% though which is way more than any of my other cards.

ECHLN

Made a test transaction into my Vitality Savings Account from FNB last night at around 7:30PM. Hasn't come in yet. How long does it typically take and what are the cut off times for Discovery Bank?

Aharon

Executive Member
Standing banking cut off times of 3pm apply. Your money elwill be in tonight - discovery does clear earlier than othoe big 4 though. It'll clear before 9pm