Discovery Bank [2018]

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
There seems to be a lot of focus on the weekly money goal here and the spending required. The weekly money goal doesn't affect your interest rates or your discounts. It's just a minor additional benefit for people who swipe their card more often which benefits the bank as well. Getting that goal just gives you an additional play on the gameboard and it accumulates so if you miss it one week, you'll get it the next week or the following week. They could completely do away with this weekly goal and the overall product will be barely changed.

All it gives is most likely a smoothie worth of reward so it's not worth going out of your way to get a lot of swipes.

ies87

There seems to be a lot of focus on the weekly money goal here and the spending required. The weekly money goal doesn't affect your interest rates or your discounts. It's just a minor additional benefit for people who swipe their card more often which benefits the bank as well. Getting that goal just gives you an additional play on the gameboard and it accumulates so if you miss it one week, you'll get it the next week or the following week. They could completely do away with this weekly goal and the overall product will be barely changed.

All it gives is most likely a smoothie worth of reward so it's not worth going out of your way to get a lot of swipes.
Nobody seems to know what affects what. Even staff. My Vitality Money status dropped from Gold to Blue on Monday, but my points remain above 80,000. When I queried it the banker said that it was due to me not achieving my weekly goals for a month. Another said that there’s an issue with the app and would log one of their infamous calls. I’ve honestly given up with Discovery Bank for now. Just keeping the card because the monthly fee is cheaper than settling my Apple Watch.

I can’t imagine that the weekly goal would only apply to the game board in future though - they’re bound to drag it in somewhere, like for their ‘free iPhone’ benefit or something.

vancity33

Yes, but if it's free, I want it

t_girl

Nobody seems to know what affects what. Even staff. My Vitality Money status dropped from Gold to Blue on Monday, but my points remain above 80,000. When I queried it the banker said that it was due to me not achieving my weekly goals for a month. Another said that there’s an issue with the app and would log one of their infamous calls. I’ve honestly given up with Discovery Bank for now. Just keeping the card because the monthly fee is cheaper than settling my Apple Watch.

I can’t imagine that the weekly goal would only apply to the game board in future though - they’re bound to drag it in somewhere, like for their ‘free iPhone’ benefit or something.
The iPhone will mostly likely only be for the black card on diamond status... that seems to be where all the real benefits are.

ies87

The iPhone will mostly likely only be for the black card on diamond status... that seems to be where all the real benefits are.
I've got black but I'll be downgrading it to gold the minute they are able to do downgrades. Right now they 'don't have that functionality'.

L-Dog

Thanks man, helps a lot. If not for the total lack of info from discovery.

Anyone have an idea about the Gold suite, may be easier to get to a higher band?

50% vs 60% on food and flights is minimal especially if you wont get past band 2, which I assume means you probably get like 5% back.
DO you know if the gym discount is on all memberships or only the standard membership ?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Does discovery only run batches at 12am or all day? Like fnb money only clears at 12am in evening, where capitec would be anytime in the day.

binloud

DO you know if the gym discount is on all memberships or only the standard membership ?
So the normal discounts from vitality apply, so 75% standard and up to 60% for premier.

Only the black card can give you boosted Vitality gym cash back on a Premier/National membership type up to 100%. The other accounts only can give you 100% on standard.

L-Dog

So the normal discounts from vitality apply, so 75% standard and up to 60% for premier.

Only the black card can give you boosted Vitality gym cash back on a Premier/National membership type up to 100%. The other accounts only can give you 100% on standard.
Do get a Black card is their a required yearly income ? I assume you will also need to be a platinum status and spend big bucks to achieve the 100% discount

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Do get a Black card is their a required yearly income ? I assume you will also need to be a platinum status and spend big bucks to achieve the 100% discount
Hopefully discovery starts auto upgrading like fnb does without you actually qualify for the card. Fnb basically gives away the private client accounts.

travcaine

Does discovery only run batches at 12am or all day? Like fnb money only clears at 12am in evening, where capitec would be anytime in the day.
My FNB payments always seem to come through around 6-7PM at night if I do the payment before 3PM, same day.

twaatie

At least they going to do an investigation on why I cant get access on the app

You do everything via the app, so it's should work 100% all the time, since there is no other way to access your accounts Screenshot_2019-08-22-16-09-43-175_com.twitter.android.jpg