Discovery Bank [2018]

llewellynr

Two annoying things:
  • The “scan your card to capture details” tool powered by card.io don’t work cos the card is friggen sideways (eg adding card to SnapScan).
  • The OTP=123456 text doesn’t get picked up by iOS as a QuickType suggestion (used to offer to auto fill “From messages: 1234”)

travcaine

Two annoying things:
  • The “scan your card to capture details” tool powered by card.io don’t work cos the card is friggen sideways (eg adding card to SnapScan).
  • The OTP=123456 text doesn’t get picked up by iOS as a QuickType suggestion (used to offer to auto fill “From messages: 1234”)
Bullet 1: I have had success in adding the card this way?

ECHLN

Two annoying things:
I had success with adding my card on Samsung Pay but no luck on Uber with the scan method.

llewellynr

I also can't link my 22seven with discovery
22seven does web scraping, so it will never work if there's just an app. It worked with old discovery card because they listed transaction history on the discovery.co.za site. But it was cheaper/quicker to build just a banking app and neglect building a proper online banking website.

Daruk

Honorary Master
So
Nedbank Private Wealth, its either linked to the Platinum credit card or the Amex, not sure, but both included as part of the package. Off the top of my head, I've used lounges in the following airport/cities: Dubai, Paris, Barcelona, London, New York, Orlando, Mauritius, Singapore, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Larnaca, Zurich and some others... they were all pretty good, at least as good as Bidvest, and some MUCH better. I get a card and so does my wife, we take our daughter in with us and have never been billed extra for the 3rd person.

https://www.prioritypass.com I suspect they give us the Prestige level as I've never been asked to pay or told I'm reaching any limits.

Edit: I wanted to add... I had to ask for this service when we upgraded our accounts with Nedbank several years ago - and I must say, it is the single most valuable feature/benefit I get from them
I tried to use my platinum amex card priority pass lounge access today and was refused at Harare lol. So typical.

ECHLN

The app has gone from a 2.0 rating to a 2.9 rating in a space of a week on the Google Play Store. I'm glad to see the developers are finally fixing the crazy bugs from last week so quickly.

James 77

Do you guys -who are not heavy users- get at least your bank charges back every month?
I currently only have their credit card. Not looking worthwhile to upgrade

James 77

Do you guys -who are not heavy users- get at least your bank charges back every month?
Gold credit card and only spending around 12k per month on it.

twr

Nope not at all,unless the miles benefit comes back ,I'm gonna leave, Paying R120 pm

adielk

Expert Member
Received an email from discovery bank that one can get R799 activation fee back for an apple watch. The apple watch offer refers to under vitality rewards having an apple watch option. I dont have this option anywhere?

Last edited:

BigBear

Expert Member
Received an email from discovery bank that one can get R799 activation fee back for an apple watch. The apple watch offer refers to under vitality rewards having an apple watch option. I dont have this option anywhere?
Just activated mine.. Take note need balance of R5000 on Discovery CC and they deduct R799 then refund you..

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/apple-watch-benefit-eligibility

Congratulations!

You have successfully activated the Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch benefit and paid your activation fee. Show this confirmation at your nearest Apple iStore to collect your new Apple Watch Series 3 Aluminium Case Sport 38mm (including Nike+ Aluminium Case Sport 38mm) or Apple Watch Series 4 Aluminium Case Sport 40mm (including Nike+ Aluminium Case Sport 40mm)

adielk

Expert Member
Just activated mine.. Take note need balance of R5000 on Discovery CC and they deduct R799 then refund you..

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/apple-watch-benefit-eligibility

Congratulations!

You have successfully activated the Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch benefit and paid your activation fee. Show this confirmation at your nearest Apple iStore to collect your new Apple Watch Series 3 Aluminium Case Sport 38mm (including Nike+ Aluminium Case Sport 38mm) or Apple Watch Series 4 Aluminium Case Sport 40mm (including Nike+ Aluminium Case Sport 40mm)
Using ios version of app?

I don't have opton at all

BigBear

Expert Member
Using ios version of app?

I don't have opton at all
Website..

Also you need to take proof of payment / activation code with to iStore, where it does the CC R5000 Balance check..

The activation fee will initially be deducted from your Discovery Bank account once you’ve activated the Apple Watch benefit, then we will pay you the activation fee as cash back into your Vitality Savings Account.

Still waiting for cash back..

adielk

Expert Member
Website..

Also you need to take proof of payment / activation code with to iStore, where it does the CC R5000 Balance check..

The activation fee will initially be deducted from your Discovery Bank account once you’ve activated the Apple Watch benefit, then we will pay you the activation fee as cash back into your Vitality Savings Account.

Still waiting for cash back..
Says via app?

Ah thanks see it ... dont know why they tell you you must download app

Thanks

binloud

Here is some information on the Gym benefit, so I assume I am only getting 75% until I activate it.
By opting in to the boosted Vitality gym benefit with Discovery Bank, you agree that your gym benefit will no longer be an upfront monthly saving on your gym fees, but rather a cash back amount.

Virgin Active will increase your monthly gym membership fee from R249.00 to R995.00, which is an increase of R746.00. Once you have successfully boosted your Vitality gym benefit with Discovery Bank, you can enjoy up to 100% cash back per month.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Nope not at all,unless the miles benefit comes back ,I'm gonna leave, Paying R120 pm
How do you close your account? Do you have to phone or is there another way via the app/chat?