Discovery Bank [2018]

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Anybody successfully cancelled yet? I've tried phoning but can't get through, sent a mail and got a reference last week :(

nullv

Anybody successfully cancelled yet? I've tried phoning but can't get through, sent a mail and got a reference last week :(
I get through fine. there's just no help on the other side of the line, just "escalations". It's like dealing with telkom really

vancity33

No 80000 points to reach gold then after that you should have 100000 in savings with them to be upgraded to Diamond
Are you on black? My platinum requires much less in savings to go to platinum. Not sure if it differs according to the colour of your card or if it is personalised for each person.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I get through fine. there's just no help on the other side of the line, just "escalations". It's like dealing with telkom really
At the very least I just want to cancel this money vitality bs. I don't mind paying for a second credit card as backup.

Pufferfish94

When signing up for a second card, would my girlfriend have to go through the whole sign up process on her side before getting the card?

DENROCwtf

Noticed this morning that my HealthyFood Woolworths discount increased to 32.5% and Dischem also increased to 32.5%. Considering that I have not done anything else other than moving my spend from a normal Capitec savings account to my new Discovery credit card, I'm happy.
  • "As a family, you get cash back on a maximum of R4 000 a month that you spend on HealthyFood items." - so your cashback increased from R 1 000 a month to R 1 300 ?

Erohann

Lounging about
In addition to letting users actually cash out rewards earned rather than having to spend them with partners, Discovery Bank is building airport lounges for its customers. It’s also partnering with iStore to offer iPhones to bank clients using a similar mechanism to Vitality’s subsidised Apple Watches. Meet your targets and you pay nothing for the iPhone. Miss them and you pay a portion of the monthly fee (divided over 24 months) on a sliding scale that varies depending how many targets you hit.

twr

Lounging about
In addition to letting users actually cash out rewards earned rather than having to spend them with partners, Discovery Bank is building airport lounges for its customers. It’s also partnering with iStore to offer iPhones to bank clients using a similar mechanism to Vitality’s subsidised Apple Watches. Meet your targets and you pay nothing for the iPhone. Miss them and you pay a portion of the monthly fee (divided over 24 months) on a sliding scale that varies depending how many targets you hit.
That article was from 2018. So they going to build their own lounges just for diamond card holders ,what a joke ,why not have agreements with existing lounges , their system is so bugged and still not issuing TS and C's ,

Snyper564

Expert Member
That article was from 2018. So they going to build their own lounges just for diamond card holders ,what a joke ,why not have agreements with existing lounges , their system is so bugged and still not issuing TS and C's ,
Hahaha every time I read this thread I think

Discovery Bank -> all the things we don't know! :p

Reactions: twr