Discovery Bank [2018]

twr

Putting it all together
Spend levelHealthyFood rewardsHealthyGear & HealthyCare rewardsFuel rewardsFlightsGym rewards
R40,000 +
50%​
50%​
15%​
40%​
25%​
R35,000 - R40,000
42.50%​
50%​
15%​
35%​
25%​
R30,000 - R35,000
35%​
50%​
15%​
30%​
25%​
R25,000 - R30,000
27.50%​
50%​
15%​
25%​
25%​
R20,000 - R25,000
20%​
40%​
12.50%​
20%​
25%​
R15,000 - R20,000
17.50%​
35%​
11%​
17.50%​
25%​
R12,500 - R15,000
15%​
30%​
10%​
15%​
25%​
R10,000 - R12,500
12.50%​
25%​
8%​
12.50%​
20%​
R7,500 - R10,000
10%​
20%​
7%​
10%​
17.50%​
Well I'll be getting zero back then,I don't spend more than R7000 on my cc, this sucks

ECHLN

Does completing your Money Goal improve your Vitality Money status over a period of time?

nullv

It shows the maximum you could with Vitality Money Diamond and your spend matching those bands

Pufferfish94

So I changed the password on my Credit Card when I got it yesterday and went today to a FNB ATM and checked my balance to ensure everything was setup, that all went well.

I then tried to make a payment on my card at Dischem and it got declined due to insufficient funds. This is not my primary card (I use FNB for everything except flights, dischem and groceries) so I dont have any money on the card yet but its a credit card so that shouldn't matter right?

citizensa

So I changed the password on my Credit Card when I got it yesterday and went today to a FNB ATM and checked my balance to ensure everything was setup, that all went well.

I then tried to make a payment on my card at Dischem and it got declined due to insufficient funds. This is not my primary card (I use FNB for everything except flights, dischem and groceries) so I dont have any money on the card yet but its a credit card so that shouldn't matter right?
It’s a credit card but what does it say about availability balance on the discovery app?

Snyper564

Expert Member

its statements like this that make a cc dangerous in the wrong hands...

Pufferfish94

its statements like this that make a cc dangerous in the wrong hands...
In the wrong hands yes, but my girlfriend and I use it purely for groceries and before this we had to both pre load the card with how much we suspected we would need, hence credit card being easier as you then just pay it off. I have more then enough money to buy eggs and soap on my FNB card so come month end it will not be an issue.

Snyper564

Expert Member
In the wrong hands yes, but my girlfriend and I use it purely for groceries and before this we had to both pre load the card with how much we suspected we would need, hence credit card being easier as you then just pay it off. I have more then enough money to buy eggs and soap on my FNB card so come month end it will not be an issue.
Ah then no problem

Pufferfish94

Ah then no problem
I do however have a lot of friends who are exactly the kind of people you are talking about. Got themselves into credit card debt in their early 20's and thought nothing of it, they still don't in fact. A lot of people see it as free money to spend when yours runs out.

I use my credit card purely for convenience and increased rewards (Discovery Discounts and Ebucks) and pay it off through the app every 2 or 3 days.

Snyper564

Expert Member
I do however have a lot of friends who are exactly the kind of people you are talking about. Got themselves into credit card debt in their early 20's and thought nothing of it, they still don't in fact. A lot of people see it as free money to spend when yours runs out.

I use my credit card purely for convenience and increased rewards (Discovery Discounts and Ebucks) and pay it off through the app every 2 or 3 days.
perfect that's the right approach, its scary the amount of ppl who have cc debt. Emergencies aside if you cannot pay cash for something in short you cannot afford it

Pufferfish94

perfect that's the right approach, its scary the amount of ppl who have cc debt. Emergencies aside if you cannot pay cash for something in short you cannot afford it
Yeah not that I feel my way of doing things is the best or only option but I do feel like people need to be taught this stuff at school, and more then the basic, dont get into debt talk

Jehosefat

Expert Member
Paying it off that often really doesn't sound convenient at all...

Why not just set up a monthly debit order to pay the full statement balance? That way you still never pay interest and it requires no input from you once it's set up.

Pufferfish94

Paying it off that often really doesn't sound convenient at all...

Why not just set up a monthly debit order to pay the full statement balance? That way you still never pay interest and it requires no input from you once it's set up.
Yeah I am happy to do it that way, but I like to look at my cheque account and see exactly how much money I actually have. And it takes me about 2 minutes in the morning to categorize the previous days transactions on 22Seven and pay my credit card on the FNB app.

I do also have a debit order setup in case I forget though.

Nathan1082

Quick question. My healthycare always paid into my dischem card. Since i moved to discovery bank, it seems to have been paid into my vitality savings account. Has this happened to anyone else?