Discovery Bank

ies87

My problem is I want to join Discovery Bank and on the app when I register its pointing to my old number as i cant get an OTP on my new number as the id number doesnt match what they have on the system, I have called twice and emailed them no luck, guess i wont be joining them.
Oh sorry thought you were a client already.

Not sure if this would work for you, but OTP settings get updated on the Discovery website, not the bank app (changing numbers on the bank app only changes where your SMSes for transaction updates go to). Maybe give it a try?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
My problem is I want to join Discovery Bank and on the app when I register its pointing to my old number as i cant get an OTP on my new number as the id number doesnt match what they have on the system, I have called twice and emailed them no luck, guess i wont be joining them.
How did they get the incorrect details in their system in the first place?

Steamy Tom

Executive Member

Contact them on social media

N@t3

How did they get the incorrect details in their system in the first place?
I had medical aid with them many moons ago, so when i called them the banker said she cant change it and has to refer it to the back office, which is probably still on holiday.

vancity33

Is it possible to make International payments from a Discovery bank account?
Are you referring to online purchases?

I bought something from Amazon and had two options. To use Amazon's currency conversion, or pay in dollars. I researched if this is possible with the Discovery card, but found nothing, not even forex rates, to see if it would be cheaper paying in dollars with a currency conversion charge. I ended up just paying in rands.

If anyone knows if paying in dollars is possible, I'd like to know.

Koosvanwyk

Are you referring to online purchases?

I bought something from Amazon and had two options. To use Amazon's currency conversion, or pay in dollars. I researched if this is possible with the Discovery card, but found nothing, not even forex rates, to see if it would be cheaper paying in dollars with a currency conversion charge. I ended up just paying in rands.

If anyone knows if paying in dollars is possible, I'd like to know.
You can do online purchases in foreign currency. You cannot EFT into a foreign account.

now05ster

Expert Member
Why not use an app like 22seven that will load all your transactions for analysis?
Is anyone experiencing issues with duplicate transactions on 22seven with Discovery Bank?

Been having this problem and sent it to 22seven support. Having to wait for feedback now.

There is a missed opportunity for Bank to enable a similar service in their app...

Pho3nix

The Legend
Any like to explain best way to make miles?
Make a decent buck on uCount and only R200-300 on eBucks so considering moving my secondary account to Discovery.

Better? Worse?

JV_011_

Is anyone experiencing issues with duplicate transactions on 22seven with Discovery Bank?

Been having this problem and sent it to 22seven support. Having to wait for feedback now.

There is a missed opportunity for Bank to enable a similar service in their app...
Nope, mine works perfectly.

TedLasso

Expert Member

Why the F , would you want to give this data hogging company more access to your data?

They know so much about you already, your health, when you have sex (via all the Smart watch HR monitoring ), what you eat, what you watch (SK, etc), where you go (car insurance tracker, etc)

If anything, give them less data. It's the one reason I refuse to get their insurance and bank products. If I am the product, then all those services should be free !

Ok it's too early back to Bed for me

RobotWizard

22Seven keeps on failing when attempting to update my Discovery Bank transactions. But the bank website always works fine. I've complained about it multiple to 22Seven.

now05ster

Expert Member
22Seven keeps on failing when attempting to update my Discovery Bank transactions. But the bank website always works fine. I've complained about it multiple to 22Seven.
I've switched to excel now. Can work towards a kickass spreadsheet with automated features (with the help of Google). Maybe use emails as budget alerts.

Priapus

Executive Member

Do you give 22Seven your main Discovery login details? I haven't used the service in a long time. But considering it again.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
If you created a savings account for a specific purpose and that purpose is now over and all funds have been transferred out, what happens to the savings account?
Does it automatically close after a certain period of zero balance?
I don't see a menu option to end a specific savings account, only the option to hide/unhide.

Thanks

RobotWizard

I've switched to excel now. Can work towards a kickass spreadsheet with automated features (with the help of Google). Maybe use emails as budget alerts.
Do you capture all of your transactions manually from your accounts into your respective budgets?
Do you give 22Seven your main Discovery login details? I haven't used the service in a long time. But considering it again.
Yeah, you would have to, since I haven't seen how you can create other logins, because Discovery Bank uses your 'Discovery ID'. I would prefer seperate Bank login details, and the ability to create a read only login, like I used to do with FNB.

riddler

I used my Discovery credit card for a few transactions over the weekend, but I see that it didn't register these transactions for points towards my weekly money goal. Anybody experienced this? Will it correct itself or are those points just 'lost' now?