Discovery Bank

glennhurlow

Nifty to see how they classify it. Could have been interesting if I was doing most of my expenditure on it...
This has big potential. Two things they need to fix ASAP though:

1. Transfers between accounts shouldn't impact the budget
2. Need the ability to manually edit classifications

Charlesjjm

Number 2 you can do. If you go to the transaction details and click on it. Scroll down to "Financial Analyser" and tap on it. Then tap on the edit button, it looks like a pen. On the list select the approriate classification.

Lukcydog

1. FX - If they can beat Shyft I'll use it, otherwise ill pass.
2. EasyEquities - Now this is very interesting, probably only for the suite clients :( If not, bye bye Standard Bank securities.
3. other items - meh...

Lukcydog

Nr. 1, lol yes. My budget is completely out of whack because of a transfer i did from the Savings account.

twr

Expert Member
There is a notification on the app, it has been there for a while.

The bank is still breeding money, they need a lot more clients to become profitable, seems counter intuitive to make it more difficult. I suspect we will see the opposite or similar.
Are they talking about the weekly money goal(7/10 etc) or the goal to move up status(gold silver etc)

beefymoocow

Expert Member
1. FX - If they can beat Shyft I'll use it, otherwise ill pass.
2. EasyEquities - Now this is very interesting, probably only for the suite clients :( If not, bye bye Standard Bank securities.
3. other items - meh...

Why don’t you just use Capitec. It’s even cheaper using Capitec.

Koosvanwyk

So it looks like the financial analyser is somehow tied to the new points and status

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-201049_Discovery Bank.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930-201049_Discovery Bank.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 45

Koosvanwyk

I hope so Koos, and I wish they were breeding money and not bleeding money. But given that their breakeven point for clients is 500k-600k and they are only half that, they will still bleed for some time to come.
Gives you a good idea of where my mind was last evening

RobotWizard

Looks like there is slightly more information on how this will work, but we will have to wait until closer to Jan 2022 it seems.

1633090077030.png

Koosvanwyk

Knowing how they have F-up prior major updates (thinking of the recent changes to Vitality Drive by example), here is to hopefully having a bonus R1m in my account tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-163057_Discovery Bank.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-163057_Discovery Bank.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 43

duckgray

Anyone else’s money goal points not allocating for todays use of their Discovery card?
A30811FC-CD53-4336-A97D-6AFDC27EBAC5.png

glennhurlow

Number 2 you can do. If you go to the transaction details and click on it. Scroll down to "Financial Analyser" and tap on it. Then tap on the edit button, it looks like a pen. On the list select the approriate classification.
Ah, thanks. Lots of work ahead...

glennhurlow

Are they talking about the weekly money goal(7/10 etc) or the goal to move up status(gold silver etc)
Not the weekly money goal, the points required for Vitality Money status - driven by the 5 behaviours and now including budgeting.