Discovery Bank

Recallza

Looks like those of us still waiting for our CC accounts to be migrated might be waiting for a while...a few years...

View attachment 684255

I was able to register yesterday and I have the old Discovery CC. By the looks of things, when the new card is delivered the old card will be cancelled. I can see transactions from my old Discovery FNB CC on the discovery bank app.

Anyone know how long it took to get their card after the initial notification to say that it was being created?

t_girl

I was able to register yesterday and I have the old Discovery CC. By the looks of things, when the new card is delivered the old card will be cancelled. I can see transactions from my old Discovery FNB CC on the discovery bank app.

Anyone know how long it took to get their card after the initial notification to say that it was being created?

I've read that ETA is 3 business days, but also saw some people complaining that they've been waiting for a week.

cfvh600

Expert Member

Did you get an e-mail invite or did you just register?

twr

Expert Member

Mine took two or three days

dunkyd

Executive Member
Discovery stopped paying PMB rehab for my wife for no reason and now they invite me to bank AND insure with them ???????

mjwitter

Looks like those of us still waiting for our CC accounts to be migrated might be waiting for a while...a few years...

View attachment 684255
Likely those who do not apply to the new bank will continue with the old card until expiry at which point they will be forced to move or cancel. So any cards issued in the last few months will have a couple of years to go.

amabacha

I received my invite at 7am this morning and went through all the registration steps successfully.

I signed up for the Platinum Suite product including secondary card for my wife. This adds R30 per month to the fees.

Received my SMS’s & emails notifying me that all the accounts have been created less than 5 minutes later and I can go ahead and log into the app.

Up to this point a very slick 10/10 experience...

Upon returning to the app and successful login, I’m now stuck at a screen saying “Congratulations. Your application has been submitted. We will contact you when your account(s) are Open”. The only option is an exit button which closes the app.

I called Discovery Bank (got through to a friendly consultant ‘Nolo’ right away) and have emailed them a screenshot as requested so their IT team can check it out.

Down to 8/10. Let’s see how quickly they resolve...

15h20 UPDATE: Discovery havent contacted me but I can now get into the app. I've activated Vitality Money and getting familiar with the overall UI

Last edited:

amabacha

I recall during all the pre-launch hype that one of the promised features was being able to convert Active Reward points to actual money in the Vitality Savings Account. Does anyone have recent info on this or ETA of when it will become available? I've been stockpiling my points

prOd

Expert Member
Applied on the 10th and received my card today. Still need to read up on how the savings account works

citizensa

Expert Member
I recall during all the pre-launch hype that one of the promised features was being able to convert Active Reward points to actual money in the Vitality Savings Account. Does anyone have recent info on this or ETA of when it will become available? I've been stockpiling my points

I don’t understand how you stock pile reward points? Doesn’t it expire after few weeks?

citizensa

Expert Member
Update on new accounts
They are working on the queue system and not on customer specifically so now they are at October applications for new accounts.
Can anyone who has already invited confirm this and what their date of application?

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Update on new accounts
They are working on the queue system and not on customer specifically so now they are at October applications for new accounts.
Can anyone who has already invited confirm this and what their date of application?

I applied when they launch their application and still no invite. I don’t think it’s a first come first basis.

amabacha

I don’t understand how you stock pile reward points? Doesn’t it expire after few weeks?

Yes they do but I’ve only spent the points expiring so have about 500 Id like to convert to actual money rather than use them for reward vouchers

TheAssister

I applied when they launch their application and still no invite. I don’t think it’s a first come first basis.
It's definitely not first come first serve basis

Think they taking people who have more products with discovery rather then us.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
It's definitely not first come first serve basis

Think they taking people who have more products with discovery rather then us.
Na I think they take a spread of people. I have 5 products with them. Remember they taking only 1k a day and there's like 350k customers. So you gotta be really lucky to be invited. And I heard you don't get miles yet. They still working on it. It might be better for some not to move across yet.

fruitbat

Expert Member
Got an email yesterday saying time to sign up. Tried to go in via the health app and it gave me the lousy details screen. This eve I thought about it. And went to the email. Tapped on the app link. Went into the app and it accepted my details so I guess my ID was white listed for sign up.
So now I am waiting for the card. Went with the el cheapo option of gold to see how this puppy works. As much as I bitch about all things discovery, I am a sucker for the gamification. So let’s see how it works... I won’t be putting salary into it, but doesn’t seem like that’s a requirement at this stage.

Edit: regarding comments on no of products etc.
I did the sign up for interest possibly a week after they opened that up.
I do not have a discovery card anymore, but did have 1 up until abt 4-5yrs ago.
And my products with them are Health+Vitality+Company Group Life cover.

Last edited: