Discovery Bank

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
You don’t get money back with Apple Watch. If you don’t achieve your goals you pay a penalty, so it’s the other way around.
Ok thanx, so hopefully that system works and I don't have to pay anything if I reach my goals.

ies87

Ok thanx, so hopefully that system works and I don't have to pay anything if I reach my goals.
Works like a charm, I’m on my second watch already. I’ve never had an issue. As long as you achieve your exercise goal every week you don’t pay a cent, apart from the joining fee.

nullv

Friend of my contacted them about that, what was said to him --> Do not include mobile phones. I finally found it. Those benefits for the cards are actually from VISA, not discovery

And:

And the extended warranty for phones is 12 months from date of purchase.
It's the same with the Lounge visits. It's not Discovery it's Visa. Discovery did choose to apply the Lounge visits on the Black card only while another bank i know has them on the platinum.

ECHLN

It's the same with the Lounge visits. It's not Discovery it's Visa. Discovery did choose to apply the Lounge visits on the Black card only while another bank i know has them on the platinum.
Which makes no sense at all. To be honest, the Platinum card on Discovery makes no sense.

twr

Expert Member
Which makes no sense at all. To be honest, the Platinum card on Discovery makes no sense.
Yes makes no sense and I'm pretty bummed about that,and that's why I'm opening an account with FNB so I can get lounge key access with Thier global card

ies87

Yes makes no sense and I'm pretty bummed about that,and that's why I'm opening an account with FNB so I can get lounge key access with Thier global card
Discovery are supposed to be opening their own lounges though. But I guess that’s years away at the rate they’re rolling out features.

Koosvanwyk

Did the same. The second time I called, I was told to wait for between 3-4 weeks. They are experiencing a huge backlog in processing documents.
Somehow I do not think that the documents are reviewed manually. I submitted mine just before 12PM and they were accepted immediately and money status changed within one minute after that.

Last edited:

Koosvanwyk

Does paying your EasyPay utility bill at pick n pay occurr any cost or interest charges? And will it count as part of monthly spend band?
Paying using the easypay website shows as online purchases in the discovery bank app meaning these would count towards rewards and monthly spend band. Oddly paying municipal accounts using the City of Cape town website shows as debit order transactions on the Discovery bank app meaning they don't count towards rewards and spend band.

ab12312390

Somehow I do not think that the documents are reviewed manually. I submitted mine just before 12PM and they were accepted immediately and money status changed within one minute after that.
This must be when you upload on the App. Or did you submit via the email?

BloemGuy

I just checked my transactions and I only got charged R99 for fees this month - Platinum Credit Card...anyone else noticed a difference in their monthly fees this month?
I also got the impression that there is some kind of dynamic pricing in the fees because mine has not been the same from month to month. But the bankers didn't seem to know why or how the fees are different. As long as it is less, I'll just let them dynamicalise me :)

twr

Expert Member
Paying using the easypay website shows as online purchases in the discovery bank app meaning these would count towards rewards and monthly spend band. Oddly paying municipal accounts using the City of Cape town website shows as debit order transactions on the Discovery bank app meaning they don't count towards rewards and spend band.
Thanks I'll try that,but would paying at pick n pay or checkers at the till also be counted as a purchase and count towards monthly spend?

twr

Expert Member
Anyone have an idea of how I can upload proof of savings ? Tried the app months ago, then phoned them twice and they gave me the same address clientdocuments@dicovery.bank but still no success.
I never knew of this email addressbut my frustration was ,In July I uploaded my extra documents via the app it went from silver to Gold for about 30mins then went back to silver,lodged a query after about 1 month they said to rather email the documents,I did then about 1 month they said it's updated and I have my points but the point we're exactly the same and I stayed on silver,so lodged another query and still waiting another month later, have up so I said let me upload it again via the app and presto I wet to Gold last week aid only I did this two months ago,oh well at least I'm at Gold.

I see they no longer accepting emails to service.bank and that you must either phone them or go to their FAQs

Did anyone receive their fitness booster monthly cash bask this month?

Last edited:

MachoPants

Expert Member
I gave up after 6 attempts to try open 1 of their savings accounts via the app wanting to transfer a fair sum into their savings account once opened.

1. My middle names wouldn't be accepted when signing up
2. My address details are not allowed as a suburb name in the suburb section, it has to be entered in as a alphabet letter and a numerical number? The region isn't accepted, same issue as above
3. They will only accept a utility bill as proof of an address
4. It Must be signed and dated, even the electronic bank stamp proof meant it was rejected

In the end I stayed where I was banking and actually got 1% more on the interest they offered.

Discovery for me has been a total waste of time and effort

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Does anybody know if they ask proof of income if you do change colour upgrade? I typed in 90k and the black card was an option then. Through I dont earn 90k a month lol

ECHLN

Does anybody know if they ask proof of income if you do change colour upgrade? I typed in 90k and the black card was an option then. Through I dont earn 90k a month lol
I don't think they do if it's a transaction account. There's no word about that or a minimum amount on there site. Maybe someone knows if they do but I haven't been asked on my Platinum card so far.