Discovery Bank

twr

Expert Member
None of the meats or chicken except for free range chicken breast at pick 'n pay qualify not even milk.

Fats are better for you than carbs yet discovery doesn't seem to have gotten the memo yet.

Starting to realize ebucks is better.
Fat free milk does, well last time I checked, they have taken a few cereals/breads off the list because the sugar /fibre isn't the healthy amount

Koosvanwyk

If you do more than 20 transactions in the week do the extra transactions get carried over to the following week, I'm aware if you less than 20 they get carried over but what if it exceeds 20?

Yes they do, made 35 last week and 10 carried over into this week

Last edited:
Reactions: twr

Koosvanwyk

None of the meats or chicken except for free range chicken breast at pick 'n pay qualify not even milk.

Fats are better for you than carbs yet discovery doesn't seem to have gotten the memo yet.

Starting to realize ebucks is better.

These all qualify

Skinless, Fresh Chicken
Anca Chix Fillet Breasts
County Fair Fresh Breast Fillets
Darling Fresh Chicken Bulk Fillets
Darling Fresh Chicken Mini Fillets
Farmer Brown Filleted Breasts
Nam Chicken Breast Fillets
PnP Bulk Skinless Fillet Breasts
PnP Butchery SC Chicken Breast
PnP Chicken Stirfry
PnP Deboned Skinless Thigh
PnP Express Skinless 4 Drum and 4 Thigh
PnP Express Skinless Fillet Breasts
PnP Free Range Skinless Breast Fillets
PnP Free Range Boneless Skinless Thighs
PnP Free Range Mini Skinless Fillet Breast
PnP Free Range Skinless 4 Drum and 4 Thighs
PnP Free Range Chicken Breast Fillets
PnP Free Range Filleted Breast
PnP Mini Skinless Breasts
PnP Promo Skinless Fillet Breast
PnP Skinless 4 Drumsticks and 4 Thighs
PnP Skinless Chicken Drum and Thigh
PnP Skinless Chicken Thighs
PnP Skinless Fillet Chicken Breast

Thor

Honorary Master
These all qualify

Skinless, Fresh Chicken
Anca Chix Fillet Breasts
County Fair Fresh Breast Fillets
Darling Fresh Chicken Bulk Fillets
Darling Fresh Chicken Mini Fillets
Farmer Brown Filleted Breasts
Nam Chicken Breast Fillets
PnP Bulk Skinless Fillet Breasts
PnP Butchery SC Chicken Breast
PnP Chicken Stirfry
PnP Deboned Skinless Thigh
PnP Express Skinless 4 Drum and 4 Thigh
PnP Express Skinless Fillet Breasts
PnP Free Range Skinless Breast Fillets
PnP Free Range Boneless Skinless Thighs
PnP Free Range Mini Skinless Fillet Breast
PnP Free Range Skinless 4 Drum and 4 Thighs
PnP Free Range Chicken Breast Fillets
PnP Free Range Filleted Breast
PnP Mini Skinless Breasts
PnP Promo Skinless Fillet Breast
PnP Skinless 4 Drumsticks and 4 Thighs
PnP Skinless Chicken Drum and Thigh
PnP Skinless Chicken Thighs
PnP Skinless Fillet Chicken Breast
See you need to get a donations page up.

10 phonecalls to discovery and they could not give this to me.

Thank you.

/bookmarked

twr

Expert Member
I'm currently on Gold money status, it says "savings to diamond R36079" does that mean I need my savings account to have a balance of R36079? or must I add R36079 to my savings acc to get to Diamond?

beefymoocow

Expert Member
I'm currently on Gold money status, it says "savings to diamond R36079" does that mean I need my savings account to have a balance of R36079? or must I add R36079 to my savings acc to get to Diamond?

Probably you need an extra amount. To check does your current saving + your extra saving ends to a round number.

twr

Expert Member
Probably you need an extra amount. To check does your current saving + your extra saving ends to a round number.
Ahh yes it does R45k, so hopefully once I'm on diamond will I stay on that? What makes u drop status from diamond? Do I still need to do goals ?

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Ahh yes it does R45k, so hopefully once I'm on diamond will I stay on that? What makes u drop status from diamond? Do I still need to do goals ?

If your savings drop below 45k. You might drop a level if your points drop but that’s unlikely unless you cancelling your insurance or reducing your pension contribution. Theoretically you should score more points on the saving criteria.

3Gee

Expert Member
How long before a EFT to Discovery reflects. Tested a small amount on Saturday.
Nothing as of this morning showing up.

aquadat0r

Got my iPhone over the weekend after 'practising' for some 3 weeks to see if we will hit the targets. If you hit 11 out of 12 monthly targets, you'll still be fine. That is one Money target not achieved per cycle. Our goal is 20, though - platinum credit card only.

I'm currently Diamond Status on Vitality, assuming I make my money goals which equates to spend and savings, do you also need to be a Discovery Insure client to make the goals? Considering switching my Discovery FNB CC to Discovery Bank Black card.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I'm currently Diamond Status on Vitality, assuming I make my money goals which equates to spend and savings, do you also need to be a Discovery Insure client to make the goals? Considering switching my Discovery FNB CC to Discovery Bank Black card.
Yes need discovery insure also, and most of the time more exspensive :(

aquadat0r

Created another thread, but is seems this place if best for this type of question.

I would love to hear from people that have switched to Discovery Bank Credit Card and are on Vitality. I maximise my flight benefit currently on Vitality with the 24 flights, and being on Diamond Status qualify for the 35% discount (I know this is base fare only).

What difference has being on Discovery Black Credit Card made with regards to the discount? Outside of the Money target that has to be spend on the card itself, what else is needed to push the discount up even further? How do I get 75%-100% discount?

If I currently get on average R250 per flight discount, this could quite easily be R400+, which in my books accumulates to roughly R12000 savings a year. Is the benefit still limited to 24 flights?

The banking fees are higher yes, which basically means an additional R150 p/m on fees which equals R1800.
Still leaves me with a hefty R10000 odd saving just on flights.

Also, I don't have/make use of discovery miles, I would also be interested in how to leverage this more for the purpose of paying for flights through Kulula.

Yes, I know I fly a lot ;-)

Any experience/feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

JV_011_

Yes. I did the same and few minutes later ... diamond.

ReXeL25

I've noticed discovery have updated their points for money rewards.

You also get the points almost immediately while it's still on pending state on bank app.

BloemGuy

I've noticed discovery have updated their points for money rewards.

You also get the points almost immediately while it's still on pending state on bank app.
Points looks the same to me, but I also noticed the immediate allocation. I would venture to say it has to do with the iPhone benefit. I logged a few queries about missing points and the agent said they were inundated with queries and complaints. Previously, missing points largely resulted in missing a play on the board but now with the iPhone benefit it can cost a lot of money. Probably a way of ensuring that those clients are not disadvantaged.