Discovery Bank

citizensa

Expert Member
Anyone getting cash back from Discovery bank? I am only getting cash back from vitality nothing till date from bank.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Anyone getting duplicate efts?

Got a duplicate eft into my account

Assume it will be corrected and my newfound wealth will disappear

Koosvanwyk

Points looks the same to me, but I also noticed the immediate allocation. I would venture to say it has to do with the iPhone benefit. I logged a few queries about missing points and the agent said they were inundated with queries and complaints. Previously, missing points largely resulted in missing a play on the board but now with the iPhone benefit it can cost a lot of money. Probably a way of ensuring that those clients are not disadvantaged.
Points remained the same but since Saturday they are allocated immediately. Previously the points only allocated once the transaction cleared which inadvertantly caused points to be missing from transactions that took longer than 2 days to clear (purely based on what I have seem from my missing points). Oddly it seems like they have fixed some of the missing points backdated, I now have weeks where I made like 30 points but still did not achieve the 25 goal target because of the extra points being allocated backdated after the cut off for achieving the target.

twr

Expert Member
Points remained the same but since Saturday they are allocated immediately. Previously the points only allocated once the transaction cleared which inadvertantly caused points to be missing from transactions that took longer than 2 days to clear (purely based on what I have seem from my missing points). Oddly it seems like they have fixed some of the missing points backdated, I now have weeks where I made like 30 points but still did not achieve the 25 goal target because of the extra points being allocated backdated after the cut off for achieving the target.
Why is your goal 25? Are you on the Black card?

BloemGuy

Anyone getting duplicate efts?

I haven’t seen that but have had a few scheduled payments that return back to me a little bit later in the day. Spent the money inadvertently the first time.:) After two months they haven’t been able to resolve it and the latest advice is to delete and reschedule - will see next week if that works.

BloemGuy

Oddly it seems like they have fixed some of the missing points backdated, I now have weeks where I made like 30 points but still did not achieve the 25 goal target because of the extra points being allocated backdated after the cut off for achieving the target.

You should get extra plays! :)

Unfortunately my missing transactions are still missing ....

ReXeL25

Points looks the same to me, but I also noticed the immediate allocation. I would venture to say it has to do with the iPhone benefit. I logged a few queries about missing points and the agent said they were inundated with queries and complaints. Previously, missing points largely resulted in missing a play on the board but now with the iPhone benefit it can cost a lot of money. Probably a way of ensuring that those clients are not disadvantaged.

Mine is definitely different. I used to have a 500 - 1499 bracket for 2 points and 1500+ for 3 points. I did upgrade to black from platinum last week so that might be why.

newby_investor

Expert Member
I've noticed discovery have updated their points for money rewards.

You also get the points almost immediately while it's still on pending state on bank app.

View attachment 726588
I'm not sure how this is encouraging good financial behaviour. I've been looking at Discovery Bank and trying to figure out whether it's worth switching over from FNB/eBucks - and it's very seldom that I make purchases of more than R2500 in one go. R500+ would be just about every weekly grocery shop, but R2.5k is more rare.

Thor

Honorary Master
I'm not sure how this is encouraging good financial behaviour. I've been looking at Discovery Bank and trying to figure out whether it's worth switching over from FNB/eBucks - and it's very seldom that I make purchases of more than R2500 in one go. R500+ would be just about every weekly grocery shop, but R2.5k is more rare.
If you have ebucks dont switch - vitality is nowhere close to it and unless you are a vegetarian vitalitaly healthy foods are not worth it - no meats.

ECHLN

It isn't. Its encouraging you to spend more to get points.

Recallza

This is kind of my concern. Doesn't seem to be aligned with my financial health, really.

I'm sure this will change, I reckon they needed to think of a 'weekly' reward system for launch..

Atleast, I hope that is the case because it definitely isn't promoting healthy spend lol.. They should calculate a spend % based on your credit card, and if you go over it weekly you don't get a reward.

mattrudlles

Expert Member
If you have ebucks dont switch - vitality is nowhere close to it and unless you are a vegetarian vitalitaly healthy foods are not worth it - no meats.
Unfortunately I just was not earning enough ebucks to justify having both platforms. At the end of the day the Discovery account won out with the apple watch benefit, and pnp cash back.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I'm sure this will change, I reckon they needed to think of a 'weekly' reward system for launch..

Atleast, I hope that is the case because it definitely isn't promoting healthy spend lol.. They should calculate a spend % based on your credit card, and if you go over it weekly you don't get a reward.

Not sure what they could come up with. If they give rewards for not spending then the headlines will be "Discovery Bank wants you to not spend any money" or something like that. Can't please everyone. Same thing with their Vitality Drive rewards. Currently they don't give rewards if you don't drive at all although you are much lower risk as the headlines will probably read "Discovery Insure wants you to not drive your car".

Thor

Honorary Master
Unfortunately I just was not earning enough ebucks to justify having both platforms. At the end of the day the Discovery account won out with the apple watch benefit, and pnp cash back.
You pay for the apple watch - make no mistake.

mattrudlles

Expert Member
You pay for the apple watch - make no mistake.
I do, but I also get 2 x virgin active memberships included, 2 x shoe boosters, and then the watch with vitality. It makes sense to take the watch and the discovery card over the ebucks that I earn.

I tabled down the rewards from each so far, and the ebucks were barely more than the FNB card fee each month. With the cash back from healthy foods, petrol, and discovery miles it didn't make sense to stick with ebucks right now.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Not sure what they could come up with. If they give rewards for not spending then the headlines will be "Discovery Bank wants you to not spend any money" or something like that. Can't please everyone. Same thing with their Vitality Drive rewards. Currently they don't give rewards if you don't drive at all although you are much lower risk as the headlines will probably read "Discovery Insure wants you to not drive your car".
This is one of the main reasons I'm not on Discovery Insure - I do about 30-50km per week with my car, since I commute to work by bicycle. While my car is parked in my garage, it's FAR lower risk than those people who are doing 100+kms per week and getting points for not braking too hard or turning too sharply.