Discovery Bank

ies87

Active Rewards is free with Discovery Bank?
Active Rewards is free with Discovery Bank?
The link you posted is pricing for Vitality Active, the toned-down version of Vitality. Vitality Active Rewards is a free value-add on all Vitality plans (their naming is super confusing). Vitality Money is not free but the premium is included in your account fees. You don't have to opt in afaik.

ECHLN

The link you posted is pricing for Vitality Active, the toned-down version of Vitality. Vitality Active Rewards is a free value-add on all Vitality plans (their naming is super confusing). Vitality Money is not free but the premium is included in your account fees. You don't have to opt in afaik.
Oh alright

glennhurlow

You should get extra plays! :)

Unfortunately my missing transactions are still missing ....
I have also queried missing transactions and it has been 5 days now... Anyone got any explanation from Discovery as to why they are missing or demanded the missing plays?

twr

Expert Member
I have also queried missing transactions and it has been 5 days now... Anyone got any explanation from Discovery as to why they are missing or demanded the missing plays?
Their whole system has bugs even their drive misses trips, I'm.missing fuel slip transactions, their health at times didn't give me points for my workout. I'm missing gym booster payout
So ya their system has bugs

RuanHolsthauzen

Is there anyone here who makes use of the black card, I want to find out what needs to be done to get the "Up to 50%" savings on international flights.

Is this worth it?

BloemGuy

I was just busy typing in my transactions in Microsoft Money (yes, I still use it and I hate it that I can't download my DiscoveryBank transactions!) when I realised that you get boosted interested on the transaction accounts and demand savings accounts, but not on notice accounts. That means I'm actually get 0.5% more interested on immediately available funds than the funds with a 32 days notice period. The banker I spoke to seemed genuinely surprised that I thought it is weird... Has anyone else raised it with them? The only way now seem to be to give notice on the notice accounts, then wait out the 32 days, create new demand savings accounts and then transfer. Would have been easier to change the product type. And even better if they boost the interest on notice and fixed deposits as well!

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Is there anyone here who makes use of the black card, I want to find out what needs to be done to get the "Up to 50%" savings on international flights.

Is this worth it?
You need spend 40k a month to get max discount which is 50%.Think you have to be on diamond also. I checked flights to swedan with 25% discount it's about the same as going with a cheaper airlines but 50% off will it be cheaper then a cheaper airline.

BloemGuy

Is this worth it?
I guess it depends ... I had large car expenses one month and I got boosted to 65% (have Insure as well) which really made a huge difference on the ticket I had been planning to buy anyway. But the downside is that you qualify for only 1 ticket a year at that boosted discount, so choose wisely! :)

Last edited:

twr

Expert Member
Has anyone managed to successfully downgrade their account? I want to go from platinum to gold

Sphinx21

Note: I have nothing against people that bank with them, I do too. However don't for a second think their "Vitality Health" is anything other than a gimmick for marketing purposes, same with their "behavioral" bank. If a requirement is for me to spend to be rewarded then you are just playing marketing gimmicks.

Yes fine, they're all marketing to us. Every single credit card rewards programme requires you to spend money on the card. The point is not that you need to spend to be rewarded, it is that it should make economic sense for you to do so. The fact that you are getting stuck at "you earn points on everything" without considering the value of the points, or the earn rate doesn't serve you. To answer this question:

Using the R10 / 1000 smartshopper points conversion rate that is 80,000 points needed to get the same R 800 back. How much do you need to spend to get 80,000 points ?

The answer is R160 000. Correct. that is 4 zeroes. R160k. With your Tyme Bank bonus, it's R80k

As for marketing fluff - let's not forget you can get "free card swipes" with Tyme Bank.

Verrayne

Has anyone been able to upgrade their account to the full banking suite? I've been struggling with Discovery now for more than a month.

And the option is still not available on the app.

ECHLN

Has anyone been able to upgrade their account to the full banking suite? I've been struggling with Discovery now for more than a month.

And the option is still not available on the app.
You'll have to wait. They told me it's not available and it'll be available soon.